Recertified: HP LP2465 24" 1920x1200 S-PVA $222.37 Shipped

It's hot, and it won't last long at all. Considered it, but I'm set on a 32" TV now.

Yea i bought a 32" tv for use as a monitor and ended up selling up. Its so laggy, ghosting, motion blurr when playing games and its to big. If your using it for browsing and watching movies its one thing.

Really nice deal OP, 1920x1200 16:10, 1:1 pixel mapping, pivot, dual DVI-I, USB, a dvi to vga adapter cable etc.

43 left in stock

Edit: LP2465 review: http://www.prad.de/en/monitore/review-hp-lp2465.html

Gaming and color reproduction results: http://www.prad.de/en/monitore/review-hp-lp2465-part11.html

Yea i bought a 32" tv for use as a monitor and ended up selling up. Its so laggy, ghosting, motion blurr when playing games and its too big.
You bought the wrong one is why :p

Last edited:
I'm really itching to do an eyefinity setup, currently I have 2 30" LCD's the one in my sig and a 3007WFP-HC My choices are grab another 30" or sell one of my displays and grab 3 24" panels, (hence the reason I'm looking at some 24" displays) but with fermi around the corner I owe it to myself to wait and see what they have to offer. I'm really caught up in a crossfire right now, and would hate to have buyer's remorse.

This monitor really seems to cover all the bases, decently low input lag for a PVA screen, good black levels even with movies, 1:1 pixel mapping, height + pivot adjustments, 16:10 screen ratio, standard color gamut, 75hz supported in VGA mode at full resolution etc etc.

Darn the more i read that Prad review, the more i want one :(, too bad i have my heart set on a low lag 32" TV, but two of these monitors side by side is really tempting me.

nice price for a nice display.. great stand on it also which is harder and harder to find these days..

Darn the more i read that Prad review, the more i want one :(, too bad i have my heart set on a low lag 32" TV, but two of these monitors side by side is really tempting me.

Same here, but the 32" TV desire is too strong...

Still, dual 1920x1200 is very appealing.

Same here, but the 32" TV desire is too strong...

Yes, i want my entire FOV filled with screen, heck i've already started to consider the 37" L37S1 :eek:

I don't mind the larger pixels because i can always sit a little further back to help alleviate it.

Wow... how do you check their inventory?? I'm surprised that's possible as the information is useful to the competition.
An old trick that works with many online stores (but not all):

Add a 100 or 200 of them to your shopping cart, it'll only add the amount that newegg has in stock.

Also, Wow! good find, OP. I've been looking for a cheap one, I love portrait for editing code, and the reason I don't like widescreens on PCs.

Anybody have any idea about:
-- can it operate as a KVM? It's strange that it has two DVI-I connectors AND a USB hub.
-- can it operate in 1:1 1080p mode for movies?

Last edited:
An old trick that works with many online stores (but not all):

Add a 100 or 200 of them to your shopping cart, it'll only add the amount that newegg has in stock.

LOL. funny. As long as everyone else isn't doing the same thing ;)

Also, Wow! good find, OP. I've been looking for a cheap one, I love portrait for editing code, and the reason I don't like widescreens on PCs.

Anybody have any idea about:
-- can it operate as a KVM? It's strange that it has two DVI-I connectors AND a USB hub.
-- can it operate in 1:1 1080p mode for movies?
Going by that prada review i linked, it looks like true 1:1 pixel mapping with black bars and everything. Not sure about HDCP compliance for stand alone blu-ray players though (or for PS3 blu-ray playback)

Good question about the dual dvi-i and possible KVM behavior. I know you can obviously hook up two pc towers, and any combination of analog or digital (dvi vga etc) and switch between sources. I'm probably just having a brain fart but i'm not sure if there's any way of sharing a mouse and keyboard between two PC towers.

Still, for everything this monitor has to offer it's a pretty minor caveat imho.

34 left in stock, I'm guessing other forums may have caught wind of this by now.

Last edited:
if only my tax refund were here now i'd sell my soyo's and get 3 of these :D

Soooo tempting. Here are the newegg reviews from over 3 years ago Linky

Back then the 7800GT was hot, and some are talking about a dropped frame here and there, but claim their getting ~50fps and blaming the monitor.

Decisions... Their are new affordable SIPS monitors coming on the market, I hate to buy old technology :(

[QUOTE="I'm not a crook";1035200585]

Decisions... Their are new affordable SIPS monitors coming on the market, I hate to buy old technology :([/QUOTE]

Yeah, that was the deciding factor for me... buying old tech. Things get old so quickly nowadays. Otherwise there's absolutely nothing wrong with this monitor.

ARHHHH ...can't decide if i should get one ...or two .... AGhHHH ...

/head explodes

EDIT: Anybody know what kind of warranty these monitors have ?

I managed to resist ...

/head implodes

Last edited:
I just got a recertified LP2065 for my Eyefinity setup. It came in nearly perfect condition with NO dead pixels. $120 shipped from Geek.com.

I had already owned three LP2065s for a couple of years prior - so now I have four.

I love these monitors - all of them are the S-IPS variants and the image is sublime. Colors are vibrant, blacks are deep, there is no ghosting, and I don't notice lag when playing games.

I use these mainly for design work, and the color reproduces accurately. Again, I could have bought any monitor I wanted but I love these so much that the recertified, at the price, was WAY too good to pass up.

I highly recommend this monitor series.

I think these has 1yr warranty as I have purchased refurbs from HP before. Dont quote me on it though.

Isn't the newegg dead pixel policy pretty bad, or did they change it? Other than that my only other concern with this would be that I'd wonder if there's something newer that is worth it, although it seems there hasn't been much new display tech in the last 18 months (especially in the 30" line).

Pretty sure newegg is one of the worst places to buy a TV / Monitor from... I would only do it if it was a cheap monitor.

But that's me... I'm not a fan of refurbs with small warrantys...

although it seems there hasn't been much new display tech in the last 18 months (especially in the 30" line).

Outside of E-IPS, you're right, there hasn't been much.

It's up to the individual buyer to determine the risks + rewards of purchasing this monitor. On the one hand you get so many features + PQ which were executed well with this monitor, on the other hand if you're leery of refurbs or newegg's dead pixel policy then...

27 left in stock by the way.

Seems there may be an issue with dropped frames causing it to stutter based on the old newegg reviews. I'm still in for one at this price since if it sucks for gaming I can still use it to replace my old 17" TN as my 2nd monitor.

I have 2 of the LP2065 at work. They seem pretty good to me. Probably will be sold out by the time I get the cash though.

How good is this thing for gaming versus, say, the old LP2065 (which can be found on refurb also) or the Dell 2209WA? I'm tempted to get this monitor but I'm wondering how versatile it is. Prad's review seems to indicate some ghosting or something that the 2065 and 2209WA don't experience, although I wonder how some of you feel about it.

How good is this thing for gaming versus, say, the old LP2065 (which can be found on refurb also) or the Dell 2209WA? I'm tempted to get this monitor but I'm wondering how versatile it is. Prad's review seems to indicate some ghosting or something that the 2065 and 2209WA don't experience, although I wonder how some of you feel about it.

I don't think its going to be that bad, but I can't get myself to buy it :(

Back