Recommended upgrade *guide*

I agree but I just started school and I'm very busy so it will be maybe a week or two. I haven't been at home from 8am to 11pm since about 3 weeks ago =/.

~Adam

I'm wanting a card that will run BF2 decently, yet won't throw me overbudget. $250 maximum and has to be PCI-E.

mikeohara said:
I'm wanting a card that will run BF2 decently, yet won't throw me overbudget. $250 maximum and has to be PCI-E.

Post that exact thing in the video cards section, unfortunately I dont have time to update atm but some time this week I will get to it, I promise :).

~Adam

what do you guys think about a athlon x2 3800+ and an asus 939 mb for a video editor/big time gamer?

elbarto said:
what do you guys think about a athlon x2 3800+ and an asus 939 mb for a video editor/big time gamer?

If you wanted to edit video and game at the same time, it would help out quite a bit in that sitation because you'd have video editing on one processor and the game on the other.

Depending on if the program you use for video editing utilizes a dual core processor, it might cut alot of time off your editing as well.

~Adam

I mainly play RTS games and am looking for a replacement for my dead 9600np. Looking forward to playing Age of Empires III for instance (64MB recommended), suggestions on cards? Would getting another 9600 suffice? I'm in the sub-200 dollar market for an AGP card but it's always nice to improve your system so if I can get a better card for under 200 I'd go for it.

Thanks.

Thanks man, it's been ages since I've had to consider buying hardware (years) I'm so lost as to what's come out I didn't even know where to begin. this helps

Back