Redesigned 8800GT - Gigabyte GV-NX88T512HP

Son of a..... note the SPDIF connector for HDMI audio passthrough to your HDTV!!!!

And it clocks better with better power, and is smaller.

Guess Ill be going SLI sooner than I thought. Wish my XFX had the passthru to begin with.

So two of these, on water, should be real sweet.

This card can't do HDMI passthrough because it doesn't have HDMI ports.

It has DVI ports. DVI ports lack the audio pins of HDMI. If DVI supported audio, we would never have had HDMI.

ITS OUT!!! GV-NX88T512HP is here, well at least on their website :D

Bumping this thread up cuz i want people to start SEARCH on this beauty. So far i looked at couple of main places that sell GIGABYTE stuff, nothing.

So yeah who ever wants a "faster, stronger, hunter" (from Resident Evil) keep your eyes open and let us know!

GV-NX88T512HP :D FTW!

ITS OUT!!! GV-NX88T512HP is here, well at least on their website :D
It's funny - they posted it on Saturday, took it down, and then reposted it Monday.
I've also been cruising several online shops in anticipation for the past 2 weeks... anyone have any recommendations on the best stores to keep an eye on?

Can't wait to take a step up from my X850XT with the Zalman VF700... this will almost look the same, but I can't wait to see the performance!

My EVGA 8800GT is arriving on Thursday. ;)

Personaly i'm waiting for this HP card, it is shorter and thats exactly what i need for my rig (1st pg) VGA board sticks out and well... right in the way of my pump/tubing.

Can't wait to get my hands on this thing :D

I don’t want to hijack the thread but I did see a few questions regarding the new design of the XFX 8800GT. The major visual difference would be the black PCB and support bar at the top. The fan and heatsink have been redesigned for better cooling as well.

I don’t want to hijack the thread but I did see a few questions regarding the new design of the XFX 8800GT. The major visual difference would be the black PCB and support bar at the top. The fan and heatsink have been redesigned for better cooling as well.

Thats a visual and some biger fan... IMO GT cooling sucks big time...

Gigabyte's HP card is! a true redesign :D blah, cant wait to get one...

Very cool... boasts a 7 degree temp drop from stock.
Here's some more info on it...
For some reason that cooler looks like it would be louder than the VF700 on the Gigabyte, and probably cool equally as effectively. Kinda like the Palit cooler (Zerotherm) which looks neat, and cools adequately, but is quite noisy... reportedly noisier than stock on that particular card. I'm into as quiet a computing experience as I can get within reason and not shifting to liquid cooling.

-Ben

Wow this card looks rocking! I hope it will be for sale in the US.

Very cool... boasts a 7 degree temp drop from stock.
Here's some more info on it...
For some reason that cooler looks like it would be louder than the VF700 on the Gigabyte, and probably cool equally as effectively. Kinda like the Palit cooler (Zerotherm) which looks neat, and cools adequately, but is quite noisy... reportedly noisier than stock on that particular card. I'm into as quiet a computing experience as I can get within reason and not shifting to liquid cooling.

-Ben

Same nVidia reference card with custom cooling solution by Asus. NOTHING special.

Woooha! got a response from Gigabyte's support in 20 minutes, sent them e-mail asking the availability of the HP, here is what i got:

"Dear customer,

The GV-NX88T512HP will be available within the next couple of weeks.

Thank you " (Gigabyte RMA [[email protected]])

Great news - you didn't happen to ask what online retail outlets they would be shipping to specifically, did ya? :D

Great news - you didn't happen to ask what online retail outlets they would be shipping to specifically, did ya? :D
Unfortunately no :(
Well we can asume it will be @ newegg, ClubIT, Mwave, etc..

Same nVidia reference card with custom cooling solution by Asus. NOTHING special.

True, it's a reference board, but I wouldn't say "nothing" special (in all caps). It's an alternate cooling solution for a card that tends to run hot with the stock HS/fan. I thought it was nice that they have the mosfets covered by a bolt on heatsink.

It may be by Galaxy. This looks like a dual-dvi version of the Galaxy 8800GT-HDMI -- notice how they both have 3 pairs of jumper pins next to the SLI bridge and the same blue jumper.

I'm eager to find out how bad this thing can OC, i mean they got separate power lines for GPU and Memory, and a Dual Bios? Very nice!

Edit: yes you are correct, its a 256MB GALAXY 8800GT
http://en.expreview.com/?p=64

Wow!!! I'm starting to love Gigabyte! Why Europe release first, not USA?

Also, that reminds me.. why did Gainward stop doing business in the US? Anybody know? Gainward has done the coolest stuff for the past couple years with video cards--it's unbelievable.

lol, yes we are aware of the "Where to Buy" link.
But Thanks.

I have been waiting a while to upgrade my comp vid card (currently 6600GT AGP!) which is completely obsolete and doing a complete rebuild (which I am forced to because AGP isn't used anymore ;). My 2 cents on the "current" scene:
1. 8800gt is scarce...but if this was true then why are companies like Gigabyte, Palit, and others popping up all of a sudden? Ans: these companies have had the chips for a while and have waited (to some degree) to improve upon their product; such as 3 phase power, quality components, CUSTOM COOLING, etc.
2. In regards to gigabyte GV-NX88T512HP: WOW, Palit has released similar (again making point 1 valid). I read an internet site that did benchmarks comparing gigabyte, asus top, palit, several others (sorry can't find that damn site)....the interesting part was that gigabyte OCed the BEST...again quality components and a "late" release has proven (maybe not creditable in everyones eyes) again that waiting has it's benifit$.
3. Unreal3 was just released...meaning I didn't give a damn about other games...LOL....but I now have scoured the net looking for the best upgradable system while still maintaining the "gamers edge".

8800GT is it no matter what brand of card you get...remember OCed cards are the same as normal cards, just OCed by someone else. :eek:

GV-NX88T512HP: WOW, Palit has released similar (again making point 1 valid). I read an internet site that did benchmarks comparing gigabyte, asus top, palit, several others (sorry can't find that damn site)....the interesting part was that gigabyte OCed the BEST...

FIND the website plssssss :D :D :D

I spent 2 hours trying to find...damn I suck. But seriously they reviewed asus top, palit, and gigabyte, msi,....

really sorry I can't find. I believe I found it on google searching for either gigabyte or palit 8800gt ( I was looking for reviews/benchmarks of these new cards)

I spent 2 hours trying to find...damn I suck. But seriously they reviewed asus top, palit, and gigabyte, msi,....

really sorry I can't find. I believe I found it on google searching for either gigabyte or palit 8800gt ( I was looking for reviews/benchmarks of these new cards)

Oh sheit I found it!!!!!!!!

http://www.hardwarezone.com/articles/view.php?id=2428&cid=3&pg=11

Now everyone can point out any misrepresented info I said.....LOL...plenty of info to shove in my stupid face :(..but I can edit my mistakes HAHAHA

However this is for the crappier cooled (aka standard cooling) gigabyte card not the newer zalman type cooler. Read the conclusions about the very similar Palit card; "Palit's GeForce 8800 GT Sonic has a two-slot cooler that is clearly superior to the reference version, at least in our temperature testing segment."

Oh sheit I found it!!!!!!!!

http://www.hardwarezone.com/articles/view.php?id=2428&cid=3&pg=11

Now everyone can point out any misrepresented info I said.....LOL...plenty of info to shove in my stupid face :(..but I can edit my mistakes HAHAHA

However this is for the crappier cooled (aka standard cooling) gigabyte card not the newer zalman type cooler. Read the conclusions about the very similar Palit card; "Palit's GeForce 8800 GT Sonic has a two-slot cooler that is clearly superior to the reference version, at least in our temperature testing segment."

ughh... that’s exactly what i though... this guy probably has a review of a reference nVidia card not the HP one, the redesigned.
Interested in a review of the Gigabyte GV-NX88T512HP video card, not the vanilla.

Also I’m not sure you understand... READ the whole thread noobie ;) This is not the reference nVidia board/design... Gigabyte made their own PCB and they slapped Zalman on it... its not the cooling that I’m interested in, no. The card itself ;) Zalman will be off first thing... I will have Maze on it.
That Palit is nVidia reference design, just different cooling ;)

And yeah... well i personally never would use the crapyest in the world GT cooling, maybe that’s why i have water cooling on all 3 major chips in my comp :D (1st page)

damn! Just noticed the Gigabyte was OCed to 750!!! and that’s the vanilla, wondering what the HP can do.

sorry vlad...but read about Palit as it's very comparable in my opinion to the newer gigabyte...also think of how the cooler card could potentially have better OCing (or not)

I see your point of interest....I am a strong proponent of gigabyte...and this article seems to indicate that OCing is very good with it. I just wanted to point out the cooling solution seems to be catching on and I'm sure we'll see more...also why does it matter which gigabyte card you buy if the only difference (that we can speculate on) is the cooling solution, when you will take the cooler off anyways?

Back