Samsung XL2370

If you check on Best Buy's website now the regular P2370 is on backorder and a search for store availability in my area shows it being out of stock at all the many stores around here. I'm guessing this might indicate they are replacing it with the XL2370, the P2370 hasn't been on a good sale for a while so there is no reason it should be sold out.

The P2370 is available at 2 of the 5 Best Buy stores closest to me (North Dallas).

It's a popular monitor and I strongly doubt that it is being replaced.

First reviews: measured response time average 5-6 ms, max contrast ratio (technical) 900-950:1 , minimal black about 0.1 cd/m2, relatively accurate (technically) colors out of box, accurate geometry for video, minimal if any input lag, poor viewing angles, bad colorshift, lack of ergonomics.

First reviews: measured response time average 5-6 ms, max contrast ratio (technical) 900-950:1 , minimal black about 0.1 cd/m2, relatively accurate (technically) colors out of box, accurate geometry for video, minimal if any input lag, poor viewing angles, bad colorshift, lack of ergonomics.

is this your reviewing it or are you summarizing reviews you found on the web?

Best Buy is returned because it sells the Samsung line of monitors.

this item is in Best Buy's stock system. It has a SKU and everything. I think the SKU is 9511156 or something to that effect.

that would be stupid if it was only sold on BBFB

also, i'm hoping the price tag of $299 stays true on the retail end of things since that is what is listed in their stock system for the sale price.

I called San Diego Best Buy and they stated it will be delivered by the truck tomorrow - however the manufacturer may not allow them to sell it until the 12th (as the press releases are stating).

Price will be a whopping $346 after 8.25% sales tax and $16 recycling fee (ouch).

Apparently it being a LED monitor has no bearing on the recycling fee, as the text of SB50 states any monitor, CFL or not.

I called San Diego Best Buy and they stated it will be delivered by the truck tomorrow - however the manufacturer may not allow them to sell it until the 12th (as the press releases are stating).

Price will be a whopping $346 after 8.25% sales tax and $16 recycling fee (ouch).

Apparently it being a LED monitor has no bearing on the recycling fee, as the text of SB50 states any monitor, CFL or not.

Wait, CA charges an extra fee for recycling? Ouch.

Yeah it's BS.. its called SB50 (senate bill 50) or the "Electronic Waste Recycling Act". NewEgg also charges this to all LCD sales in CA.. That's why I like to get LCD from PCCONNECTION.COM, No TAX and NO WASTE FEE to CA residents.. but this Samsung P2570 LCD they sent me was defective, ton of light leak(could actually photograph it to prove it). so I'm returning this for $299.95 credit, meanwhile I'm picking up the XL2370 either tomorrow or on the 12th if they say that's when I can get it. I'm definately going to reserve one tomorrow afternoon since I'm sure the stock will run dry quick.

I heard this monitor has a lower color gamut than standard TN panels, according to a review I read.. Hopefully it still performs as well as a standard one!

I'll be the first to make an unboxing video and publish it on youtube for you all to see!

Yeah it's BS.. its called SB50 (senate bill 50) or the "Electronic Waste Recycling Act". NewEgg also charges this to all LCD sales in CA.. That's why I like to get LCD from PCCONNECTION.COM, No TAX and NO WASTE FEE to CA residents.. but this Samsung P2570 LCD they sent me was defective, ton of light leak(could actually photograph it to prove it). so I'm returning this for $299.95 credit, meanwhile I'm picking up the XL2370 either tomorrow or on the 12th if they say that's when I can get it. I'm definately going to reserve one tomorrow afternoon since I'm sure the stock will run dry quick.

I heard this monitor has a lower color gamut than standard TN panels, according to a review I read.. Hopefully it still performs as well as a standard one!

I'll be the first to make an unboxing video and publish it on youtube for you all to see!

what do you mean it has a lower color gamut? I've read a few reviews of it and didn't see that mentioned anywhere in fact it was just edging out the p2370 in the color accuracy tests which the p2370 already does very well in.

This shit is in stock on BestBuyForBusiness. It's going for $299, baller statusssss

This shit is in stock on BestBuyForBusiness. It's going for $299, baller statusssss

If you buy it on that site can you return it at a store if you don't like it? I think I'll probably just pick one up from the store whenever they stick them out. I'm guessing most stores have them hiding in the back by now.

actually, I think you can only return it via shipping. i think there is a disclaimer on the product page about it.

i would not be buying this monitor if i was only able to get it for $300 ;)

It's available for purchase as of today at my local Best Buy!

They have one on reserve. Picking it up today or tomorrow!

How much is lower is the monitor going for below $300 ?

Did I miss it in the deals section ?

It's available for purchase as of today at my local Best Buy!

They have one on reserve. Picking it up today or tomorrow!

sweet! pick it up tonight and let us know what you think. pics would be nice to if you can but then again I can't ever tell anything from pics anyway. some people like them though.

I got it!

Im frustrated cuz I lost a little money just to get LED .. But the quality is nice!

Ill upload a video soon. My unboxing video turned out horrible cuz I was holding a camera phone.. But I made a comparison video of the P2570 vs the XL2370 screen by screen with winamp/viz in between the two screens so you could see the image quality difference.. It's pretty noticeable.

SAMSUNG XL2370 vs P2570 COMPARISON
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ghcewg8yjE

WAyyy less motion blur during Wolfenstein too on this vs the P2570... Wow.. It's smaller but I love it.

The viewing angle is very good too! I'm suprised! It really holds it's colors at all angles..

Last edited:

yeah only one store has it in stock within about an hour of me.

Correction:

Magictune works well with Vista 64 will not work with Win 7 RC1 64bit.

Exceptionally bright & light. It was this or the Dell 2410 - glad i went with the XL2370.

Last edited:
it's plug and play. if you are talking about the CD it's worthless.. don't even bother.. just use AdobeRGB color profile if you can find it.. it's pretty good.

I picked up this display tonight and am very happy with it. It is very bright and blacks are beautiful deep blacks. My only complaint is it starts polling (if thats the right term) all of the inputs every time I restart the computer. I can't figure out how to stop it from auto polling, which is very annoying.

Edit: I found my answer. The setting for that is Auto Source: Off.

Last edited:
for those of you who found one already does it make a buzzing noise when you lower the brightness to say 20%? it seems a lot of Samsungs do.

Also this thing is quite sturdy.. No wobbles like they said in CNET reviews. It's pure sex!!!

I'm on fence about buying this. I would love to see it in person, but none of the Best Buy stores around me carry it. :\

Back