Silverstone ST45SF SFX 450w PSU

I think for the SG05, an HD5850 would go nicely with this PSU. As far as I know it shouldn't be a struggle, and unlike the GTX260/280, it goes in the case without any cutting involved.

Of course, i'd like to see someone try it with an HD5870 Vapor-X, as it's got a custom PCB. The power connectors are on the top where they don't interfere with the card placement as much, and the card itself is shorter than reference.

So, will it fit (and work)?

Of course, there's still Fermi to come, maybe GTX360 will fit?

Well, by the time we have it, Fermi will probably be out. This looks like it's as small as it's going to get for off-the-shelf parts. My intention is to use the DFI board, and I'm crossing my fingers hoping that using a Silverstone NT-06 HSF with a 120mm fan mounted underneath it will fit without blocking memory slots.

I really can't see the high-end Fermi part going in there. nVidia aren't exactly known for their small GPUs. :p

I really can't see the high-end Fermi part going in there. nVidia aren't exactly known for their small GPUs. :p

The GTX260 would fit, and if Fermi fits into the same thermal envelope as it's predecessors like Cyprus did, then there's a pretty good chance. Waiting on Fermi really is just a function of price pressure though, if we had the PSU, we could build an ITX system with an HD5850 now.

Does the GTX260 actually fit without case modding? Or is it just the longer, more overclocked versions that require the "breaking out" of the Dremel? :)

And I think the HD5850 just about works with the stock PSU, if you're careful with CPU choice - e.g a dual core E8000 series or something like a Q9550S with a 65W TDP.

I don't know if it would fit; my plan would be, either way, to dremel the section of steel at the end of the video card just for the sake of room to move, and for the 5850, room to attach the power cables.

WIth the HD5850, simply attach the power cables before inserting it in the case. That overcomes the problem of having no room to move. :)

WIth the HD5850, simply attach the power cables before inserting it in the case. That overcomes the problem of having no room to move. :)

I agree. I just ditched my GTX 280 for a ATI 5850. It fit in nice, even with the gaping hole from the old GTX in there.

Now to wait till JUNE for a PSU that will fit in there. :(

I -guess- I could go find a 500+ watt corsair and hack it up to fit..but the H50 tubes, those scare me. :p

I absolutely loathe watercooling if it's not a full-on chilled system that significantly outperforms existing air coolers- but for what it's going to take to fit an air cooler, such as the NT-06, and a fan in a Sugo, I'm starting to like the H50. It's expensive and actually performs slightly worse than the best tower coolers, but I'm thinking that it's going to be the best solution for this setup and provide for a little overclocking with real stability.

I absolutely loathe watercooling if it's not a full-on chilled system that significantly outperforms existing air coolers- but for what it's going to take to fit an air cooler, such as the NT-06, and a fan in a Sugo, I'm starting to like the H50. It's expensive and actually performs slightly worse than the best tower coolers, but I'm thinking that it's going to be the best solution for this setup and provide for a little overclocking with real stability.

That's the thing. In a case like this, it's going to provide the best cooling performance for the least hassle. The only way I could see that you'd get a better cooling setup in there is if you went fully custom, building your own system and maybe having an external rad?

I doubt i'd go to that much trouble though when the H5O does a commendable job.

I'm with you, and I just noticed that the price has dropped from the $99 I originally saw it at to <$80, even in store at Fry's. You cannot go wrong at that point.

No such luck over here in England. H5O retails for upwards of £60, which is about $100.

Not good. :(

definitely waiting for this to come out, gunna revive/revamp the old hornet pro case.

I don't think it was ready in time for CES, I guess the same could be said for the SG07 case by the looks of it.

I don't think it was ready in time for CES, I guess the same could be said for the SG07 case by the looks of it.

Saw a PCWorld.fr link on TR about the SG-07- apparently it fits the 5970 and has a 600W PSU. Who knew?

Looks like that Japanese site that listed it as being available this summer (sometime in June or July I think) was right.

Brutal. :(

Importantly, what is causing the delays? Is it quality control? A business move or just keeping to a time line?

Brutal. :(

Importantly, what is causing the delays? Is it quality control? A business move or just keeping to a time line?
Word is that it is a business move. It is a low production run which means everything else takes priority.

Stop buying ATX PSUs! haha.

Look for it sometime in March-April now.... Not holding my breath.

Funny how things evolve: people are getting impatient to get that PSU in order to stick a 5870 (the fastest single GPU out there at the moment) in a mini ITX case. Man this life is soooooo tough :).

Not what I'm doing. I just wanted a psu that could handle the 5850 thats in mine. I JUST installed the old PSU and it amazingly works! Even in gaming.

Now I'm waiting for the instability to pop up :/

Haha they have control over it, they just dont want it out yet.
No they don't either. They got pushed back in the production line. Now if they ran the factory then I'd say you are right. Actually, even if they owned the factory and it be ok if this is a low priority item.

Hah!You guys are in denial, that thing is ugly as sin!

Insides are nice, but that front bezel needs to be Alu or at least not two toned like a 6 year old HTPC case.

So far 2 days witht he stock psu with my 5850 / i5 system no oc, still working!

Nope, no undervolting. I do have the speedstep junk on though.

Been playing Bad Company 2 beta as well as Eve online and a little bit of Borderlands.

I've yet to have the PSU get hot and the system seems pretty stable. I've had no crashes other than goofy beta stuff in BFBC2.

However I do not want to do this forever. Must have 450watt psu.

Back