SystemCooling + AC

So anyone know what's the holdup? I think it has been 3-4 weeks now. I guess that it must be harder to review a kit than a block or are they revamping their test bench to gauge lower flows?

tick tock tick tock tick tock............

I know the testing it done but maybe the results are being held to do a major forum meltdown that will occur?

R1ckCa1n said:
tick tock tick tock tick tock............

I know the testing it done but maybe the results are being held to do a major forum meltdown that will occur?

Has Lee told you that he finished the review?

Erasmus354 said:
Has Lee told you that he finished the review?
Not directly,,,,,,,, my understanding the data is done just no review. Your post count is way down so I assume you know the results :p

What has Lee told you, since you two seem to be tight?

Might be a while as their review this week is out and it is for a computer case... :(

Maybe a good time to ug to vBulletin? :)

R1ckCa1n said:
Not directly,,,,,,,, my understanding the data is done just no review. Your post count is way down so I assume you know the results :p

What has Lee told you, since you two seem to be tight?

Or you could assume that I have been interviewing for internships, doing 3 projects, studying for 4 tests, and attending my sisters wedding :rolleyes:

I have been a little busy to bother with asking Lee how he is doing with the review.

Erasmus354 said:
Or you could assume that I have been interviewing for internships, doing 3 projects, studying for 4 tests, and attending my sisters wedding :rolleyes:

I have been a little busy to bother with asking Lee how he is doing with the review.

Get unbusy for a few minutes and see what's up. :)

Spoken like an ER/ICU nurse who puts in 20 hour shifts.

Get Unbusy... Heh

"Hello Kettle, I'm the pot" :D

The review is done, Lee is submitting it this weekend, so it should be posted sometime next week.

"As I expected, the Cuplex WB performed very well - right up there with the top waterblocks on the market today. Even though it is very restrictive (like the Storm or MP-05 SP) it performs very well even at low flow rates."

I believe that is right around what I was expecting as well, as I have said many times I expect its performance curve to be very similar to that of the MP-05 and Nexxxos XP.

Thanks for getting unbusy for a few minutes. :) I think this review will open up some eyes, but for those who already have AC equipment (like me) it won't be earth shattering news. :D

Top Nurse said:
Thanks for getting unbusy for a few minutes. :) I think this review will open up some eyes, but for those who already have AC equipment (like me) it won't be earth shattering news. :D

Perhaps it will open up some AC eyes too. I have said many times that using weak pumps and small tubing is unnecessarily holding back the Cuplex XT. A number of AC people have even gone all the way up to 3/8" Tubing :eek: on their XT. The review might show that at the extreme low flow many AC loops are running (below .5gpm) that blocks like the Swiftech MCW6000 would perform just as well. Which would confirm the opinion of many people here that the only reason to buy AC is for the looks and the gadgets.

Actually, what would be really interesting to me would to see a comparison of the XT to the Pro version of the Cuplex block at such low flow rates. I would surmise that the Pro would be the better choice because it is less restrictive.

Erasmus354 said:
The review is done, Lee is submitting it this weekend, so it should be posted sometime next week.

"As I expected, the Cuplex WB performed very well - right up there with the top waterblocks on the market today. Even though it is very restrictive (like the Storm or MP-05 SP) it performs very well even at low flow rates."

I believe that is right around what I was expecting as well, as I have said many times I expect its performance curve to be very similar to that of the MP-05 and Nexxxos XP.
It is my understanding those results are with an Aquastream pump and 8mm OD tubing...... I guess there will be some crow eaten next week. :eek:

R1ckCa1n said:
It is my understanding those results are with an Aquastream pump and 8mm OD tubing...... I guess there will be some crow eaten next week. :eek:

It was my understanding that only the 6mm and 3/8" hose + fittings were sent. So if they did it also with 8mm then they must have had their own stuff or Wes sent them some new stuff. I would imagine that the 3/8" barbs don't work much better than 8mm hose if you ever look at the inside bores on the AC barbs.

Top Nurse said:
It was my understanding that only the 6mm and 3/8" hose + fittings were sent. So if they did it also with 8mm then they must have had their own stuff or Wes sent them some new stuff. I would imagine that the 3/8" barbs don't work much better than 8mm hose if you ever look at the inside bores on the AC barbs.

The bore on the barb is very small in length, the bore on the tubing is much more important. Remember the restriction is not only determined by the bore, but also the length of the tubing run.

Yes I undersatnd that. So why do all the high flow people get in a tizzy about putting a 6mm, 8mm, or 10mm waterblock in a big bore setup? Seems that it would be miniscule in changing the flow correct? No baiting here, just honestly want to know why. Cathar turned me on to a program for figuring out all this and it doesn't seem to be a really big deal.

That is because all this nonsense about big bore is a joke. The truth will become much clearer in the short term future!

BTW: Sharka has prepared kits based on the configuration sent to Systemcooling so people who see the light can order the same kit and still have room in their case ;)

Top Nurse said:
Yes I undersatnd that. So why do all the high flow people get in a tizzy about putting a 6mm, 8mm, or 10mm waterblock in a big bore setup? Seems that it would be miniscule in changing the flow correct? No baiting here, just honestly want to know why. Cathar turned me on to a program for figuring out all this and it doesn't seem to be a really big deal.

perhaps because reducers are a pain and look like shit?

Erasmus354 said:
perhaps because reducers are a pain and look like shit?

Since when did anyone building a high flow system ever care about the way it looks?

Top Nurse said:
Since when did anyone building a high flow system ever care about the way it looks?
i certainly don't, but there are those that do.

we just don't compromise on performance to get BETTER looks.

DFI Daishi said:
we just don't compromise on performance to get BETTER looks.
There is performance, like max overclock, and then there is performance like from a phase changer. What most will start to realize is there is no "performance" loss with AC gear.

R1ckCa1n said:
There is performance, like max overclock, and then there is performance like from a phase changer. What most will start to realize is there is no "performance" loss with AC gear.
if i could go back and build again, i would have gone with phase change the first time that i made a machine that i wanted to be FAST. world records are set on phase change because it helps somewhat. added cooling can potentially let you go further. even if a few degrees is unlikely to make or break you OC, if you're trying to be the best you go for those extra few degrees because it MIGHT help, and won't hurt.

DFI Daishi said:
if i could go back and build again, i would have gone with phase change the first time that i made a machine that i wanted to be FAST. world records are set on phase change because it helps somewhat. added cooling can potentially let you go further. even if a few degrees is unlikely to make or break you OC, if you're trying to be the best you go for those extra few degrees because it MIGHT help, and won't hurt.
Phase allows the max overclock because it is sub-zero. Even on water you will never touch what phase can do because you can never get below ambiant.

But you are right, if you want the max overclock possible, go phase. I will once OCZ releases theirs.

R1ckCa1n said:
Phase allows the max overclock because it is sub-zero. Even on water you will never touch what phase can do because you can never get below ambiant.

But you are right, if you want the max overclock possible, go phase. I will once OCZ releases theirs.

phase isnt always subzero. if you think it is...i cant wait till you get the OCZ phase kit. itll load around 10ºC if your lucky on a processor putting out around 180 watts.

and if you want the max overclock...go LN2 ;). i havent seen one non-A64 clockspeed record set without the use of LN2. sometimes phase is too much...coldbugs and stuff happen like with a64's.

and water can go sub-ambient...around -50ºC sub-ambient. waterchillers to be precise, which can sometimes be better then single stage phase units.

Phase Change is cool if you want to max your OC'ing ability, albeit for a few hours. It is not meant for a PC that runs 24/7.
BTW, Phase Change will also run up your electric bill in a hurry.

theseeker said:
Phase Change is cool if you want to max your OC'ing ability, albeit for a few hours. It is not meant for a PC that runs 24/7.
BTW, Phase Change will also run up your electric bill in a hurry.

you can run phase 24/7. i know some guys who do.

CCUABIDExORxDIE said:
you can run phase 24/7. i know some guys who do.

you *can* run phase 24/7 if you have a pocket book the size of Texas to pay for the 50$ a month to run the phase unit.

It doesn't cost THAT much to run phase. I mean, I had to sell my car, and take out a second mortgage on the house, but hey, 3.6 ghz is totally worth it.

:D

Erasmus354 said:
you *can* run phase 24/7 if you have a pocket book the size of Texas to pay for the 50$ a month to run the phase unit.
Hell, whats another 50.00 to a monthly electricity bill of 200+.....

R1ckCa1n said:
Hell, whats another 50.00 to a monthly electricity bill of 200+.....

When the largest electric bill you have had so far this year was 55$ with electric heat in the middle of winter....an extra 50$ is a lot of scratch ;)

Uhh....can we get back on topic so this thread doesn't get locked a few days before the review comes out? Pretty please? With sugar on it?

So... if the Cuplex XT does well at low and high flow does that mean we can start suggesting everyone use this waterblock for everything? :p

Erasmus354 said:
The review might show that at the extreme low flow many AC loops are running (below .5gpm) that blocks like the Swiftech MCW6000 would perform just as well.

So how would SystemCooling determine cooling ability under 0.5gpm when they have stated in the past that their test bench will not reliably measure flow under 0.5gpm? Did they update their test bench? Also I think most people who run Aquastream pumps are running considerably more than 0.5gpm flows any way. :)

Erasmus354 said:

the ocz unit should use 300w per month....if it costs 50 bucks to run a 300w, then turn off those 3 extra lights in your house.

Top Nurse said:
So... if the Cuplex XT does well at low and high flow does that mean we can start suggesting everyone use this waterblock for everything? :p
Only if it performs better than cheaper alternatives. Even if it performs equally, it costs so much more that the only reason to buy it or other AC gear remains the trinkets and bling.

PS. If the OCZ phase unit itself consumes 300Watts, that is about 33$ more a month, not taking into account the extra that your computer is consuming running at whatever overclock you have it at. So it does approach 50$ a month to run phase 24/7. And that is on a weak phase unit.

Erasmus354 said:
Only if it performs better than cheaper alternatives. Even if it performs equally, it costs so much more that the only reason to buy it or other AC gear remains the trinkets and bling.

PS. If the OCZ phase unit itself consumes 300Watts, that is about 33$ more a month, not taking into account the extra that your computer is consuming running at whatever overclock you have it at. So it does approach 50$ a month to run phase 24/7. And that is on a weak phase unit.
with a 1/6th hp pump, power draw will probably be roughly half that figure. turn your rig off at night to compensate ;)

Erasmus354 said:

Just curious if you plan on getting a basic wife who cooks and cleans or a throughbred? ;)

Back