Two Worlds is the best computer game/RPG I've played in some time

I'm getting this one. Is there any way to get in on the beta? I have a GTX/Conroe rig. What res was that with the GTS?

1680x1050 8x AA HDR

As for Citizen - definately gay. :D

Your 320 will do just fine, mine does very well.

the enemies are a whole lot tougher now in v1.4

Starting over again it's important to remember the further you travel from your starting location, the harder the enemies you will encounter... I was probably several hundred miles from the start location (way far) trying to avoid enemies, etc... I was attempting to steal a horse. I ran into a knight in the forest, and he bitch slapped me. At first, I tried to avoid him by running off, then I decided I had to confront him, so I started my attack, and dodged his swings, but then he grabbed my sword, broke the damn thing, and then knocked me down.. I barely got away with my life.. and I lost my bad mofo sword... so that was a lesson well learned. Oh, and I think he stole some of my money too.

Niiice screens Cerebrex, I appreciate it. I'm gonna try to update to the latest patch.

It's nice to hear that the company actually cares about testers opinions and I'm really freakin impressed about the performance you're getting now. BTW Two Worlds is made in a Polish studio, IIRC. Maybe I'll give this game another shot in the future.

the enemies are a whole lot tougher now in v1.4

Starting over again it's important to remember the further you travel from your starting location, the harder the enemies you will encounter... I was probably several hundred miles from the start location (way far) trying to avoid enemies, etc... I was attempting to steal a horse. I ran into a knight in the forest, and he bitch slapped me. At first, I tried to avoid him by running off, then I decided I had to confront him, so I started my attack, and dodged his swings, but then he grabbed my sword, broke the damn thing, and then knocked me down.. I barely got away with my life.. and I lost my bad mofo sword... so that was a lesson well learned. Oh, and I think he stole some of my money too.

Dang, it sounds like it becomes a pretty in-depth game. Although I'm not sure how you could ACTUALLY steal money while you're fighting someone... Knight/thief combo? I always try to do those in games :p

And nooooooo not gay.... just dislike ugly people :D I guess just shallow.

Edit: PS. Nice screens. I saw in version 1.4 they added a bunch of graphical improvements. Depth of Blur being one. I'm really enjoying that in games, adds a lot of realism. Take a look at Call of Juarez, when you zoom in on your gun it'll blur what's around you like in real life and whatever you're zooming in on looks clear. It's pretty cool.

Very nice pictures. I hate to ask this but could you do 1 more picture a before and after pic with and without ultra settings so I could compare the differences cerebrex or simply point me towards a place where I can get the beta myself :|.

Finally got it to update to 1.4..its downloading the patch now. Thank God. Can't wait to try it out. :D :D :D

Another big change is you now have 2 inventory screens, before you just had 1 screen. Definately a huge deal here since now you can collect many different items and upgrade them to eventually sell in the cities for profit.

I have a question about the game... first off, it's rather interesting that if you have 2 of the same type/class of weapon or armor, you can simply combine them to make the one better? Kinda funny and doesn't make sense, but I'm doing it, LOL. Not sure if it's smart or I should be selling each part separately.

Also, when you have two or more of the same spell... does it make like a stacking effect, or can I just sell those off?

About 2 hours into the game, seems cool. Some of the graphics seem kind of funky to me, but overall they look really good. I'm surprised I can play @1280x960 w/8xAA and still always be 30+ FPS. Even if it dips down to the mid 20's it still feels really smooth. Just have to wait for some Oblivion style user mods and patches to really push the engine ;)

Oh, and if I had a sister like the main character, I would NOT let her walk around wearing a dress like that :confused:

I have a question about the game... first off, it's rather interesting that if you have 2 of the same type/class of weapon or armor, you can simply combine them to make the one better? Kinda funny and doesn't make sense, but I'm doing it, LOL. Not sure if it's smart or I should be selling each part separately.

Also, when you have two or more of the same spell... does it make like a stacking effect, or can I just sell those off?

About 2 hours into the game, seems cool. Some of the graphics seem kind of funky to me, but overall they look really good. I'm surprised I can play @1280x960 w/8xAA and still always be 30+ FPS. Even if it dips down to the mid 20's it still feels really smooth. Just have to wait for some Oblivion style user mods and patches to really push the engine ;)

Oh, and if I had a sister like the main character, I would NOT let her walk around wearing a dress like that :confused:

I think combining the armors/etc are ingenious actually. It adds a new aspect to RPG's ... instead of just trying to bust your ass for more gold to purchase better armor, you have a new way of building your own custom armors.... you never know what you're going to see on another player. But, I just theorize you're just taking apart your item/armor and using the best peices of both to make an even better armor... so in theory it isn't ridiculously impossible... and crappier versions of your armor don't always give you any gains.

v1.4 actually improved framerates to a staggering level.... unbelievable performance increase. As for stacking spells I don't believe it has an effect on their potency, but the doublers and mana savers do have effects on any spell you use them with. A good practice is to sell excess spells... they are worth a LOT of money to the right people.

I think combining the armors/etc are ingenious actually. It adds a new aspect to RPG's ... instead of just trying to bust your ass for more gold to purchase better armor, you have a new way of building your own custom armors.... you never know what you're going to see on another player. But, I just theorize you're just taking apart your item/armor and using the best peices of both to make an even better armor... so in theory it isn't ridiculously impossible... and crappier versions of your armor don't always give you any gains.

v1.4 actually improved framerates to a staggering level.... unbelievable performance increase. As for stacking spells I don't believe it has an effect on their potency, but the doublers and mana savers do have effects on any spell you use them with. A good practice is to sell excess spells... they are worth a LOT of money to the right people.

Cool thanks for the tips. I have a feeling this game might be very bad for me :D

And I'm using v1.4

I'm going to post up just a small bit of tips and tricks that I've learned over time.

Money
  • Different merchants pay different prices... and sometimes it varies considerably. Generally (and this might not always be the case) outlying merchants in very small villages, or nomadic ones, tend to pay the highest dollar for items you sell to them. Merchants in large cities will generally lowball you, but if you shop around, you will see that some may offer you 10x what others will for the same items. Merchants in large cities are the best place to find high level equipment for the best prices.
  • The more magic an item contains, the more it's going to be worth in the future. A level 10 bow with 400 damage is not as good as a level 1 bow with 50 damage and +5 dexterity. This is an eventuality assuming you will keep leveling that bow until you have it up to a respectable damage.
  • If you want to make money early.. there are several ways. The method I practice, and suggest is item building. As you start your quests and move throughout the world you will inevitably run into bandits, groms, etc. Each race has different varieties of items/weapons. Bandits are where you want to get your armor from.. you can wear armor from other humans. Groms frequently carry minerals/gems and sometimes spells. Skeletons almost always have some spell on them of some kind. As you play through the game you will see the variations. Concentrate your skill points earned by killing them on strength - this will increase your damage, and your inventory. The key to making money early is to collect armor/weapons/shields that you see frequently on different enemies. Level the armors/shields as often as you can and keep as many as you can in your inventory... even if you don't need them yourself. Once the items get to level 5+ you will start seeing them worth more and more. Eventually in the distant future your level 27 +10 strength +15 dexterity +20 willpower quill will be worth millions.
  • The next method for money making takes a different turn. You will want to travel to the capital city and speak to one of the villagers who will teach you the art of pick pocketing for $1,000 (usually). Then, build the skill to a high level and start robbing the villagers blind and selling them items to merchants in the city. Don't worry - if you get caught you can almost always bribe the guards..but just make sure you have the money.. and don't lowball them - it'll let you offer them too little... and that might not be a good idea.
Combat
  • The best method for basic combat is to utilize your dodge action. By hitting the "Q" key just before a melee attack you can avoid damage. Normally your enemy will make a noise while attacking, so just as you hear the noise, dodge the attack. This will increase in difficulty as you engage more enemies at the same time.
  • When you encounter a group of enemies in the countryside or at camp it is important to prioritize your attack. Always concentrate your initial attack towards the archers. Archers will immediately flee when you begin your attack, when you engage the melee fighters they will take high ground and begin raining down pain. The best tactic is to practice your "sneak" skill, and sneak up as close as possible to the archers then show yourself and attack. Archers normally have weaker armor, you should be able to dispatch them quickly, even before the melee fighters have time to react. One of the biggest mistakes you can make is beginning your attack on a camp with your bow. Only do this if you have a very strong bow with a quick pull, or the 3 archers will annihilate you while you attempt to take one out whilst melee fighters are in the process of rushing you.
  • Another important tactic is group fighting. When you are surrounded by enemies, the best method is the Jackie Chan approach. When the enemies engage from all sides, attack one of them, and then immediately spin around and attack another. When you attack in opposite directions, your character will do swooping attacks which damage all surrounding enemies (depending on the attack). Also, it's not a bad idea to keep a staff handy if you get overwhelmed. Fighting with staffs while surrounded is probably the best method, as you can keep them at enough of a distance to prevent a stab in the back before you can bring the pain again.
I'll update this from time to time.

I almost forgot to make fun of you for this.. but fear not.

Firstly you were talking about how the main character isn't very attractive.. and now you're critiquing the apparel of the women in the game.... tsk tsk it's really starting to come out now! :D

I almost forgot to make fun of you for this.. but fear not.

Firstly you were talking about how the main character isn't very attractive.. and now you're critiquing the apparel of the women in the game.... tsk tsk it's really starting to come out now! :D

Meh, I don't have a sister, just know if I DID I wouldn't let her leave the house like that :D

Plus I'm married... to a WOMAN, lol. Don't plan on switching teams anytime soon.

IIRC spells stack - more scrolls of the same spell should make it more powerful, but it's a slow process.

IIRC spells stack - more scrolls of the same spell should make it more powerful, but it's a slow process.

Are you sure? I thought that was something that was in the original betas, but they removed?

anyone got some good combat tactics? i just cant seem to get the hang of it, and i am getting my ass handed to me :(

Depends...I've only done melee, so advice is to use the "Q" button while you are fighting.. If fighting mobs of bandits, kill the archer first. Also the archer will stop shooting if you charge him. Try to not let them fight you in groups. Unless you are really skilled, they will kick your ass. Hope this helps. :)

I can't say much about a magic user, so if anyone has that can help this guy please reply to him.

Depends...I've only done melee, so advice is to use the "Q" button while you are fighting.. If fighting mobs of bandits, kill the archer first. Also the archer will stop shooting if you charge him. Try to not let them fight you in groups. Unless you are really skilled, they will kick your ass. Hope this helps. :)

I can't say much about a magic user, so if anyone has that can help this guy please reply to him.

I already have above a few posts back, I updated that help list.

textures look 10x better than the low res POS they shoveled onto us in Oblivion...

Damnit I want more pics and a play to DL the beta!!!!!!! I have a mediocre system so I am curious how well it can do on something a little more mainstream like what I have vs. your uber systems!:D

My system isn't uber by any means, its great for a 478, but I can still play 1680 x 1050, details maxed, but only 2x AA and 2x AF just fine. i just get slowdowns when I'm in a major fight right out in the open...It has alot of options for foliage fade, lighting, and graphics texture.

My system isn't uber by any means, its great for a 478, but I can still play 1680 x 1050, details maxed, but only 2x AA and 2x AF just fine. i just get slowdowns when I'm in a major fight right out in the open...It has alot of options for foliage fade, lighting, and graphics texture.

Is there a setting for AF ingame? Or do you force it?

With the v1.4 setup, I'm confident any 478/7x geforce series could run it just fine.

... going to do that before/after 1.4 ultra detail settings screenshot.

Here you are... I used this shot to down off the higher quality AA/Water reflections/Depth of field present in the Ultra settings.

v1.4 High Detail
2W_UltraDetail_OFF.jpg

v1.4 Ultra Detail
2W_UltraDetail_ON.jpg

I love the Depth of Field being used in games... did I already say this? It's awesome. Loving it

I love the Depth of Field being used in games... did I already say this? It's awesome. Loving it

You know, developers can use DOF to hide higher detail degradation at distances - further improvement framerates... I think 2W might be the first I've seen to do this... could explain the drastic framerate increases... I couldn't believe I was getting 50-80fps average after the patch... and they also increase the quality of the graphics dramatically. In Cathalon - there was probably no more than 10 people in a frame in any given part of the city. Now, there are probably 50 in certain areas.. and I'm getting better framerates! :eek:

You know, developers can use DOF to hide higher detail degradation at distances - further improvement framerates... I think 2W might be the first I've seen to do this... could explain the drastic framerate increases... I couldn't believe I was getting 50-80fps average after the patch... and they also increase the quality of the graphics dramatically. In Cathalon - there was probably no more than 10 people in a frame in any given part of the city. Now, there are probably 50 in certain areas.. and I'm getting better framerates! :eek:

Gothic 3 does DOF pretty well... but that game is pretty bug-filled and laggy as crap. I still played it for 20+ hours though, pretty fun. That game can be an even bigger click-fest though if you want it to be.

Thats better than oblivion? >.> hmm, don't really look it to me, but it might be because I havne't touch Obliivion for a long time.

Thats better than oblivion? >.> hmm, don't really look it to me, but it might be because I havne't touch Obliivion for a long time.

Take my word for it...High detailed textures, and runs smooth. Gothic 3 had good graphics but ran horribly due to poor programming. This game runs circles around Oblivion.

have you seen page 3 of the thread (or whatever page it was) with the 2 screens side by side?

I really don't think clarity/texture resolution of oblivion even comes close.

have you seen page 3 of the thread (or whatever page it was) with the 2 screens side by side?

I really don't think clarity/texture resolution of oblivion even comes close.

That's why everyone downloaded texture packs for Oblivion ;)

Back