Everex XT5000T Support thread

I'll give it a final shot tonight and give a story of having a few troubles (I actually did, I didnt think about mentioning that, haha), otherwise I dunno at this point.

I'll give it a final shot tonight and give a story of having a few troubles (I actually did, I didnt think about mentioning that, haha), otherwise I dunno at this point.

I tried again and got as far as the supervisor, but they were unable to honor the offer now unfortunately unless it goes back on sale soon. Here's hoping.

WOOOOO!!!!!

Mine wasn't suposed to arrive until Monday, but it came TODAY! This thing is fabulous :D I haven't seen any problems at all. I have noticed my Vista rating is 4.4...?! I still don't know why some people are getting 4.5. I tried the test 3 times, always a 4.4. I am using the stock partition setup. I am gonna remove everything and install a fresh copy of Vista only tomorrow (as I have a strong dislike for Norton... even after you 'uninstall' it).

-LaTeR

WOOOOO!!!!!

Mine wasn't suposed to arrive until Monday, but it came TODAY! This thing is fabulous :D I haven't seen any problems at all. I have noticed my Vista rating is 4.4...?! I still don't know why some people are getting 4.5. I tried the test 3 times, always a 4.4. I am using the stock partition setup. I am gonna remove everything and install a fresh copy of Vista only tomorrow (as I have a strong dislike for Norton... even after you 'uninstall' it).

-LaTeR

haha. they told me it would take till tuesday this week, and it did :). i really have to do that keyboard thing soon. ah what a pain. dumb / keys lol

Wonder if Everex going make a better model like XT5500T ? XT6000T in the future? I hope they pack with Nvidia 8xxx model, santa rosa, etc...for $1200 ? i wish !!! that how i got this baby XT5000T best deal...I am going savin up for next new model in future for best price and performance, who need alienware ? :D

I received mine today from OfficeMax warehouse, wasn't due to arrive until next week.....booted it up and haven't looked back. Connected right into my wireless net without a hitch. Can't wait to get some more RAM and stick my other HDD in the slot.

Everyone was right, this is an asskicker:cool:

Got mine still in the box and made a call to the support number . I asked the tech about upgrades and to see if i can run a dual boot xp.

i was informed if xp was added it woul dhave to be on a seperate hdd from vista. ANd to intall both the ram and HDD you need to call them and have them walk u threw the swap over so the warranty isnt void ?

For people who bought the extended warranty , is it worth just taking the three year and saying to the hell with everex 1 year warranty .

I also informed them i refuse to accept the vista TOS and i prefer something else. I was told to call customer service to see what can be done.

I got mine last night. All I can say is *WOW*, this thing is pretty fekkin good for only $699. When you look at every other notebook out there in this price range it just completely blows them away. The screen is great, the speed is pretty dang good (need to upgrade ram), and I am very impressed with the build quality. I have yet to be able to download new drivers, but I did get rid of the dual partitions.

Does anybody know whether the recovery cd still creates that odd 4g partition or will it enable you to do a single? Also, will it allow you to not install Norton?

Any good recommendations on a nice firewall/AV package that doesn't have a massive memory footprint like Norton?

I have my 1G mem usage down to ~40%, but I am looking for more.

anyone know if theres a way to setup raid? :D
iv got a pair of 100gb 7200rpm drives on the way
battery life already sucks, so i cant say loosing a little bit more will hurt

Word is the ability to set up a raid 0/1 will need to be implimented by a future bios update.
It is currently not supported by the current configuration.

I'm going to add a second hard drive and slap XP on it and dual boot. I'm going to keep Vista for one reason.. and one reason only... Halo 2 (its Vista only on PC).

T

Got mine still in the box and made a call to the support number . I asked the tech about upgrades and to see if i can run a dual boot xp.

i was informed if xp was added it woul dhave to be on a seperate hdd from vista. ANd to intall both the ram and HDD you need to call them and have them walk u threw the swap over so the warranty isnt void ?

For people who bought the extended warranty , is it worth just taking the three year and saying to the hell with everex 1 year warranty .

I also informed them i refuse to accept the vista TOS and i prefer something else. I was told to call customer service to see what can be done.

Let us know how it goes on this, because I don't want vista either. If I could get a refund that would kick ass.

Well I slapped some 667 mhz ram in this baby and my ram score went from 4.5 to... 5.6..

My over all score is still at 4.5 due to hard drive, new hard drive will bounce it to 4.6 (processor is a 4.6) I'm going to install the new drivers now and see if that kicks it up at all.

Oh I tried Stalker after the new mem, on the second highest graphics level I could move around with ZERO pauses or hitches.. was full speed... didn't get a frame rate yet, but it was very high. Running it at 1400x900.

T

p.s. anyone else notice we got the 32 ver of Vista? Isn't this box 64 bit.

Another Vista rating conflict :confused: When I replaced my RAM (went from 1GB 533 to 2GB 667, my rating went from 4.5 to 5.3... NOT 5.6?! I used some pretty decent GSkill...

Any ideas?

-Thanks

Well I just slapped GSkill 667 MHz myself. I will do the index later, but it booted up fine and windows certainly works faster. Both sticks were fine and for $114 from newegg.com you can't go wrong.
I found one thing that bugs me a little bit, there is this high pitched squeak, squeal from one of the fans. It is not consisntent, comes on and off (sometimes it is not there) and is not connected to the main vent fan. Any ideas ?

Just found this over at spoofee... http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11199481

Logitech VX Revolution Cordless Mouse for Laptops for about 37.00 after tax in CA. So my mouse needs are done.

The Vista number differences... no clue honestly... I've left the thing stock (other than installing the ram). I plan on tweaking the hell out of it but with 12+ hour/7 days a week work schedule I'm not finding a ton of time to play with it saddly.

T

On the memory front, my rating for memory jumped to 5.4, which 0.7 faster than the next fastest thing in the system (vid card).
Still not sure what the hell is going on inside, with those noises comming out, starts to bug the heck out of me, migt need to open the case and see if everything is tight and clean, although I took a look while putting the memory in and have not seen anything out of the ordinary.

DSCF0002.jpg

DSCF0001-1.jpg

yay :)

Is there a way to make this thing NOT throttle AT ALL when on Battery? I uninstalled the Power software and created a new power option (in which I made everything run at max), but the CPU, RAM, wireless STILL throttle when on battery sometimes?

Is there a way to make this thing NOT throttle AT ALL when on Battery? I uninstalled the Power software and created a new power option (in which I made everything run at max), but the CPU, RAM, wireless STILL throttle when on battery sometimes?

did u try just running it as a desktop always on?

In Vista, just click on the battery icon in the system trey and select "High Performance" from the pop-up. The screen will always be at 100% brightness and the CPU will stay at 1.6GHz at all times.

As for Vista, I'm loving it. I've had no problems with it, so I'm leaving it on there. I don't see why everyone here hates it so much, Vista is definitely much more pleasant to use that Windows XP. UAC isn't even that much of a bother if you (a) install all of your programs with administrator privileges, and (b) set your programs/games executables to always run as administrator once you've installed them. 99% of the problems people are having are caused by programs needing administrator privileges to allow access to certain things, after following the aforementioned guidelines, I have yet to run into any misbehaving programs.

In Vista, just click on the battery icon in the system trey and select "High Performance" from the pop-up. The screen will always be at 100% brightness and the CPU will stay at 1.6GHz at all times.

As for Vista, I'm loving it. I've had no problems with it, so I'm leaving it on there. I don't see why everyone here hates it so much, Vista is definitely much more pleasant to use that Windows XP. UAC isn't even that much of a bother if you (a) install all of your programs with administrator privileges, and (b) set your programs/games executables to always run as administrator once you've installed them. 99% of the problems people are having are caused by programs needing administrator privileges to allow access to certain things, after following the aforementioned guidelines, I have yet to run into any misbehaving programs.

My problem with vista is that it's a resource pig beyond XP's wildest dreams, LOL. C&C3 *chugged* for me under Vista, with XP it runs like butter.

My problem with vista is that it's a resource pig beyond XP's wildest dreams, LOL. C&C3 *chugged* for me under Vista, with XP it runs like butter.

didn't u know in vista it takes 3 gigs of ram to equal the speed of xp with 2 gigs? :D ;) :p :cool:
lmao :D

Just found this over at spoofee... http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11199481

Logitech VX Revolution Cordless Mouse for Laptops for about 37.00 after tax in CA. So my mouse needs are done.

The Vista number differences... no clue honestly... I've left the thing stock (other than installing the ram). I plan on tweaking the hell out of it but with 12+ hour/7 days a week work schedule I'm not finding a ton of time to play with it saddly.

T

Thanks for this link Tronne, this is an awesome mouse and I paid full price for it at BB. You just saved me some cash cause I'm taking it back.

jwaggy said:
Thanks for this link Tronne, this is an awesome mouse and I paid full price for it at BB. You just saved me some cash cause I'm taking it back.
Try printing the page from Costco website and ask Best Buy to match the price. Costco is a local retailer, they should honor their price ! It will save you some trouble.

I am selling A-data 1GB stick from the Everex XT5000T. If you want a matching set for yours you can PM me. I will sell it for $55 shipped, but I would prefer a local buyer, from the LA area. In this case I could deliver.

After some 'tweaking' I have got the Memory rating up to 5.6 (just like Tronne :D )... I am still working on getting the Hard Drive up to 4.5 (currently at 4.4).....

AreEss, I saw your thread at EverexForums... I also bought an Intel Pro 3945ABG and can't get Windows to see it?!! Let me know if you find out anything...

-Thanks

I bought a second stick of DDR2-533 last week. Now kinda wishing I just bought two sticks of matching 667MHz.

Curious if those that replaced their 533MHz RAM with 667MHz are seeing any noticeable improvement in games or gaming benchmarks?

Ray,

I put in 2 gig of 667, but its impossible to tell what REALLY made it faster, the 2 gigs or the 667 since I only had 1 gig of 533.

T

p.s. you all see OM has another deal on this machine? 100$ off now... so if you have friends that wanted one they can get it for 799 now...

Ray,

I put in 2 gig of 667, but its impossible to tell what REALLY made it faster, the 2 gigs or the 667 since I only had 1 gig of 533.

T

p.s. you all see OM has another deal on this machine? 100$ off now... so if you have friends that wanted one they can get it for 799 now...

Thank you for pointing this out, I just got $100 credited back to me. :)

To those asking about the memory vs. performance. I have replaced the stock A-Data with 2GB of GSkill 667. In general I was able to move my grafics settings one step up in games like Stalker or TDU. Meaning, I went from high to max in stalker and from low to medium in TDU, I will try pushing it a bit more and seeing what kind of framerates I will get. My 3dMark 2006 score went 6 points up (2221 ???) and memory rating went to 5.4. I know I posted earlier that there was no improvement, well ignore it, because I forgot to set my power plan to full, instead of saver. Stupid me.

Back