Everex XT5000T Support thread

if ya got the cash upgrade to 677 mhz memory its a very noticeable speed increase over 533

i went from 1 gig to 2 gig 533 then i went from 2 gig 533 to 2 gig 677 and i noticed a huge increase in overall system speed..

I am not sure if i want to upgrade my wifi card yet but the only thing left to bottleneck the system is the 5400 rpm hd..

I will prob ghost my hd to a 7200 main boot/game drive and leave the 5400 drive for raw storage..

does the extra hdd drive need a caddy or will it fit just fine wihtout one?

yea 100 bux for ram is a good deal .

I just bought one of those for $39 from BestBuy of all places!

Actualy, the real price was $89, but they had it on the wrong rack, so they had to give it to me for $39. That's the first time I've ever bought something at BestBuy that turned out to be cheaper than Newegg :D

does the extra hdd drive need a caddy or will it fit just fine wihtout one?

yea 100 bux for ram is a good deal .

The drive is held in there pretty tightly even without the bracket. Would be nice to have, but I'm not going to worry about it.

For those who already have the notebook, can you remove the chip and upgrade it?

Point of interest: Under the general System Properties it shows a TL-50, but in Device Manager under Processor it shows TL-56 (!!!) Who's telling the truth? I've already discovered the Atheros 5005 chipset the computer is supposed to have is reported to be an Atheros 5006 - did they upgrade the processor too?

Has anyone dug into their computer and jotted down the numbers on the processor? :confused:

Point of interest: Under the general System Properties it shows a TL-50, but in Device Manager under Processor it shows TL-56 (!!!) Who's telling the truth? I've already discovered the Atheros 5005 chipset the computer is supposed to have is reported to be an Atheros 5006 - did they upgrade the processor too?

Has anyone dug into their computer and jotted down the numbers on the processor? :confused:

hmm mite just havta take the rig apart :D

How about running CPU-Z?

Man, I'm trying to hold off upgrading this bad boy because I bought it and don't even use it. :p

How about running CPU-Z?

Man, I'm trying to hold off upgrading this bad boy because I bought it and don't even use it. :p

lmao :D.

i feel ya. mine is pretty and cool and now i got the printer working over my wireless connection fine, i still think i should wait on upgrading everything. maybe in 2 steps :). the ram and mouse first :). maybe the lappy will see more use as a main pc until i build my third one to hook up to that hdtv i haven't bought yet :)

If anyone running 2GB of 667 has a moment... I would like them to run CPU-Z and report what they see under the memory tab...

It is supposed to running at 333MHz, but mine says 320MHz... also I notice some of the SPD values are a little looser than they should be...

-Thanks

Hey guys,

I love my new lappy, anyway after play around with vista...I think vista okay for me cuz i have my tmobile mda for sync really nice built in vista right off bat, got vista htc usb modem driver download...it work like charm...

my pc running with now 38 processes, still working on it tweak it...

for you guys if you need tweak services...BLACKVIPER is back and up running now for vista !...at http://www.blackviper.com/ enjoy tweakin. :D

one game test installed Halo pc unpatched, everything max, off shadow and no vsync run smooth with my joy pad saitek rumble 2600 just plug n go, didnt use driver/game profile.

phatbx133

How about running CPU-Z?

Mine is still sitting on my kitchen table in the box unopened. I have no idea what im waiting for, but when i need it , it will be there :D

Hey Guys,

do any of you play counter strike source ?

For what ever reason i am have major lag or fps issues...

i can do the demo at 100 fps but soon as i hop online i know get this weird laggyness

I know its not my internet cause my main rig amd 3200+ with a 6800gt oc rocks out CS:S perfect on a 24 in lcd.. Where this lapper well is as good as a door stop right now..

Also i just did a complete reisntall of windows xp with all of everex's xp drivers and all of ms patches.. Also redown loaded source and i am still have weird laggy, skipping issues.

any ideas

Thanks

look at my windows base score below..

all stock, remove junk little bloatware, tweak services to manual...i get increase gaming graphics by from 4.7 to 4.8 now.

phatbx133

Wondering if anyone else has just a little bit of backlight bleed at the bottom of the screen?

Andy

Greetings,

I tried to upgrade the wireless card to an Intel 3945ABG, but the new card is not recognized in Windows... I noticed another user (AreEss), had the same problem. He talked to Everex tech support and they told him to contact Intel tech support. He believed the Intel card he bought was DOA... however, I found it rare that mine was DOA also. So I started investigating... I did a fresh install of Windows Vista (the real DVD, not the Everex one). When I would go into Device Manager, I would just see the Nvidia onboard LAN (which was normal)... however, when I would go into System Information (Network section), it would still show the Atheros card? I am assuming this card is somehow hard-coded into the BIOS?! I contacted Everex tech support and they told me it wasn't possible to upgrade the wireless on the XT5000T?!?! Any advice and/or comments would be greatly appreciated.

-Thanks

hmm well after a complete reinstall of my lapper with everex drivers for xp with all of the windows patches i managed to get a staggering 1974 in 3dmark 06..

there is a major issue.. just need to figure out if its software or hardware now...

mobilecomand said:
hmm well after a complete reinstall of my lapper with everex drivers for xp with all of the windows patches i managed to get a staggering 1974 in 3dmark 06..

there is a major issue.. just need to figure out if its software or hardware now...
Yeah, it does not sound very good. Without any tweaks, straight out of the box I was getting 2215 in Vista on the 3dMark06 ! Try different drivers first, before tweaking any hardware. Also make sure that the power option is set to full power and not some saving setting.
I will install XP once I get a 7200rpm drive for my baby, than I will be able to help you more if need be. There are plenty of people here with XP already running, I 'll let them give you more help. Good luck !

Hi Guys,

In Device Manager

things i disabled.

built in conexant type 1 modem (softmodem not good) let resources free

IEEE 1394 host controller since i dont have any device

artheros and nvidia controller disabled since dont have high speed net.

storage microsoft iscsi Initiator (sdcard reader?)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

plan next upgrading

1. mini portable hub 4 or 6 port usb with low watts

2. buy a reasonable price for portable backpack

3. portable webcam with 1.3 higher

4. wirless a/b/g usb thumb for portable where i can go wifi or hotspot

5. ram and hardrive put on hold till any new vista games come out like halo 2, gear of war pc, etc...

anyway I think Everex need work on new bios things they need address issues list below

1. In Device Manager at Processor show report wrong TL-56
2. fix arthero drop bconnection or poor connection( users)
3. fix keyboard thingy
4. fix disabled or enabled wireless status led panel light (unable disabled turn off wirless led always on)
5.fix in bios to allow increase 256 to 512mb video card( anyone who have 2gb system, do u see any increase 512mb?);
6. fix speaker thingy
7. cant think of anyhing else...

phatbx133

Hi Guys,

anyway I think Everex need work on new bios things they need address issues list below

3. fix keyboard thingy
4. fix disabled or enabled wireless status led panel light (unable disabled turn off wirless led always on)
5.fix in bios to allow increase 256 to 512mb video card( anyone who have 2gb system, do u see any increase 512mb?);
6. fix speaker thingy

phatbx133

Greetings, fellow Everex owner :)

1. Mine says TL-50 in device manager (are you using XP or Vista, I use Vista... it might be a problem with XP?).
2. Yes, this problem sucks! I spoke with Everex and they confirmed it was an issue. They told me whenever the signal drops... to disable then re-enable the Atheros card in device manager...sad (I will try the driver 'phatbx133' linked to).
3. Are you refering to the Enter key situations? As others have posted, you can use a program to 'swap' the Enter keys back around and to disable the slash mark...
4. My wireless status LED goes off when I turn the wireless switch on the front off (are you talking about disabling it in device manager)?
5. Not sure what you are asking... by default it will use about 256MB of system RAM (total combined of 512MB)... when I upgraded to 2GB, it can now use about 512MB system RAM (combined of about 768MB).
6. Speaker thingy?! what is this issue... I have seen it say no playback devices found when coming out of standby... I had to reboot the laptop to fix it (may be a driver issue)?

-Thanks and an excellent list!

So I got the 2G of ram, put the Kingston in mine and the A-Data in my wife's to keep matched pairs. My memory score is 5.5 and hers is 5.4 from 4.5 for both previously. Not sure how much of the increase is due to 1->2G and how much was dual channel, to find that out we'd have to have somebody put in 2x512, not worth the time though.

This thing runs MUCH faster with the 2G.

Hi Guys,

In Device Manager

things i disabled.

built in conexant type 1 modem (softmodem not good) let resources free

IEEE 1394 host controller since i dont have any device

artheros and nvidia controller disabled since dont have high speed net.

storage microsoft iscsi Initiator (sdcard reader?)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

plan next upgrading

1. mini portable hub 4 or 6 port usb with low watts

2. buy a reasonable price for portable backpack

3. portable webcam with 1.3 higher

4. wirless a/b/g usb thumb for portable where i can go wifi or hotspot

5. ram and hardrive put on hold till any new vista games come out like halo 2, gear of war pc, etc...

3. fix keyboard thingy
6. fix speaker thingy
7. cant think of anyhing else...

phatbx133

I agree with almost everything, but I think you missed something.

8. Add RAID0/1 support in BIOS

Also, mine does not show a TL-56 in Device Manager nor in BIOS. Maybe you got lucky and *actually* got a Tl-56? Have you run CPU-Z to verify?

man. i'm gonna fire mine up to see! :D. shows as 1.6ghz in my computer properties

Greetings, fellow Everex owner :)

1. Mine says TL-50 in device manager (are you using XP or Vista, I use Vista... it might be a problem with XP?).
2. Yes, this problem sucks! I spoke with Everex and they confirmed it was an issue. They told me whenever the signal drops... to disable then re-enable the Atheros card in device manager...sad (I will try the driver 'phatbx133' linked to).
3. Are you refering to the Enter key situations? As others have posted, you can use a program to 'swap' the Enter keys back around and to disable the slash mark...
4. My wireless status LED goes off when I turn the wireless switch on the front off (are you talking about disabling it in device manager)?
5. Not sure what you are asking... by default it will use about 256MB of system RAM (total combined of 512MB)... when I upgraded to 2GB, it can now use about 512MB system RAM (combined of about 768MB).
6. Speaker thingy?! what is this issue... I have seen it say no playback devices found when coming out of standby... I had to reboot the laptop to fix it (may be a driver issue)?

-Thanks and an excellent list!

athlon,

Blind me i didnt even see it, thanks for point out for wirless off and on simple.

phatbx133

I agree with almost everything, but I think you missed something.

8. Add RAID0/1 support in BIOS

Also, mine does not show a TL-56 in Device Manager nor in BIOS. Maybe you got lucky and *actually* got a Tl-56? Have you run CPU-Z to verify?

In device manager at processeor still show TL-56 but just run cpu-z 1.39 ver, show TL-50.

phatx133

I spoke with a nice tech support guy from Everex today. This wasn't a lackie like I talked to the first time. RAID 0/1 support IS in the BIOS. You have to have 2 drives installed for the option to appear. I am compiling a list of issues and talking to their techs about them... I am supposed to call them back on Friday and exchange info with them... then I will post everything here......

-Thanks

EDIT: In the meantime, if you call Everex... ask to talk to "Mike" or "Michael"... stay away from "Matt" :)

well... at the end of the day i have windows Vista installed..

I tried so hard to get my games running in XP. The biggest one was Cs:S..

No matter what i tried it always gave me matrix style responce... very very slow..

So i popped in the recovery cd and put vista on there got rid of most of the vista crap i hate...

Uac, Areo etc and i am back to normal speeds in all my games.. What a total fluke that is for me... figured vista would be crap and xp would rock..

The only thing that really annoys me is the split partition.. Tried to run a few of my partition resize programs and nothing wants to touch the vista partition...

I guess more testing and rebuilding to come this week from me.

Mobilecommand

I spoke with a nice tech support guy from Everex today. This wasn't a lackie like I talked to the first time. RAID 0/1 support IS in the BIOS. You have to have 2 drives installed for the option to appear.

This is great info, hopefully someone will try it asap and get back with the outcome. Itching to pull the plug on 2 7200 drives if this is the case.

On other issues I finally ran into the Atheros card not working yesterday. One thing I did notice when it happened was it also disappeared from device manager.

This is great info, hopefully someone will try it asap and get back with the outcome. Itching to pull the plug on 2 7200 drives if this is the case.

On other issues I finally ran into the Atheros card not working yesterday. One thing I did notice when it happened was it also disappeared from device manager.

uh oh. thats not good. you said "finally ran into it not working"

its not that bad is it? mine still works! :confused: :eek:

Back