Micro Center -ATI Radeon X850 XT AGP $199 AR & addl. savings

:) :) :) Just got an e-mail from them saying it was shipped today (ordered it with two day shipping), complete with a fedex tracking number and I'm a happy man!

Ax

_G_ said:
Bah, there websites borked, wont take my creditcard :rolleyes:

Yeah, they wouldn't take 3 of mine. Called the mom for the amex and it worked fine.

May have been a fluke, though. Their server was dog slow and kept kicking back that my billing info didn't match my bank's information...

Seeing that I use the same CC's for my online purchases, I assume it was a server hickup.

You may want to try again, G

Good luck.

Got mine ordered with no problem. Probably won't get a confirmation or a shipping notice until tomorrow since I assume they are closed by now. $261.98 with next day shipping and no tax. Already have the rebate form printed out and ready to go. This is a really good deal as Circuit Shitty is listing this card for $459 and Worst Buy lists it for $399. Direct from ATI the card is $449 + shipping.

The Frys listing may seem like a good deal but I have had several problems with rebates for products purchased through their B&M stores here in Phoenix coming back as "Ineligible Store". I'm just not willing to lay out an extra $170 and hope...

$249 without the rebate is a damn fine price on this card. Just hope that MicroCenter doesn't screw me on it as I've never dealt with them before. Thank god for credit cards and "dispute charge".

bah...won't take my visa credit card. i also get that address don't match message. I tried retyping my address in different ways like (for example) #1 or apt. 1 which are essentially the same. Or st. instead of street, but it doesn't help. I wonder if the expiration date/year matters in microcenter's form. I know the longer one has a CC, the longer the periods one will have with each new CC renewal. Mines will expire in 06.

What types of credit cards did you guys use?

lol Microcenter doesn't open till 10:00a.m. Do they think they're a bank? Anyway, this card gives me another 1000 points in 3dmark. just broke 6000, not bad for agp.

If you've already got a 6800GT, why upgrade? not worth it, IMHO.

Also, for those that couldn't use a cc for the address reason, MC has an 800 number to order over the phone.

Can't get to it now. Their server is timing out for me. Could be the wild fires in oklahoma are blocking the smoke signals we use for our internet connections :p

just got off the phone with MICRO CENTER(they open at 10 btw)
aperently there system cant handle two sets of numbers in the address field, you have to
spell out youre street address after you put youre house/bld number.

Had it reject my credit card several times last night, but no problems this morning. Just got e-mail confirmation and they said it will ship out on the 6'th. Im crossing my fingers! :eek:

If it gets here intact, the rebate goes through, and this baby overclocks to PE speed.... best deal EVAH!

Direfox said:
....got e-mail confirmation and they said it will ship out on the 6'th. Im crossing my fingers! :eek:
EVAH!

Yeah, mine origianlly said it would ship the 5th, but then I got a note later that day saying it had been shipped (got 2 day shipping).

Ax

I went down to the store and bought one, works great. Funny thing is though its better then my 6800GT, but i'm saling my 6800GT for 300$ and buy this one for only 200 lol

thyshallsmite said:
I went down to the store and bought one, works great. Funny thing is though its better then my 6800GT, but i'm saling my 6800GT for 300$ and buy this one for only 200 lol

Who would buy a 6800GT for 300 bucks?

ewb302 said:
Who would buy a 6800GT for 300 bucks?

I dont know, but on the 6800 GT auctions on Ebay are running almost 300 with LOTS of bids. I wasn't sure if I should get a 6800 GT or a 800 XL... or get a 478 + PCI-E board so I could use a 7800 GT. The AGP cards cost a lot, the 478 + PCI-E boards are almost impossible to find, but this deal will keep my going until I can afford a complete rebuild.

Yeah its kinda werid that my old AGP card sales for more then a brand new PIC-E card. Also nvidia agp seems in really high demand. I however was happy ot make a 100$ and upgrade my card lol.

Got a notice this morning that the card is on backorder. Woohoo, really glad I paid for next day shipping now. Still a good deal though. I just wonder how long it will take for them to fill the order.

:( Gah!! I got the back order confirmation now also. I called and they said they expected more in about 3-4 business days but .... there are tons of orders and they dont know how many more they will get this next batch.

Well, I received a shipping notice, too... but the Fed Ex tracking doesn't show that anything's happened other than a pickup request.

I haven't received a backorder email, so the fingers, toes, and back hairs are crossed on this one...

I also got the shipping notice thing on january 2nd yet it shows that fedex hasn't picked it up yet.

I'm really happy now though because I originally purchased it at $300, I called them and they are going to credit me $50 because of their price protection policy. YAY!

Now hurry up and get here :)

Whipsmack said:
I also got the shipping notice thing on january 2nd yet it shows that fedex hasn't picked it up yet.

I'm really happy now though because I originally purchased it at $300, I called them and they are going to credit me $50 because of their price protection policy. YAY!

Now hurry up and get here :)

I also bought it for $299. I called them an hour or so ago, and they told me I should see a credit on my credit card for the difference. The only thing they asked was for my order number and my name, so I hope they actually process it. If I get a credit, and the rebate, it will be one sweet deal on the card.

RGFrog said:
Well, I received a shipping notice, too... but the Fed Ex tracking doesn't show that anything's happened other than a pickup request.

It'll be okay - I just checked mine, and its showing that FedEx has actually picked it up, its in Columbus OH, and it'll be here on Thursday. :D This actually rocks for me - I'm usually the guy who was a day late and a dollar short on the good deals!

Ax

Ditto, Ax. Just checked my tracking number and I should have the thang in my hands tomorrow. w00 to the T

I just picked one up at the B&M store in NY. If you live in the area, you shouldn't have too much trouble getting one there. It sounded like they had plenty. $239 in the store, but after taxes it comes to $260. Can't wait to drop this thing in and see all the eye candy I've been missing all these years. I'm replacing a soft-modded 9500!!!

Crap, did it just go out of stock or something? I think it disappeared off Micro Center's webpage in the last 20 minutes or so... was going to go by there tomorrow, and now there's no online ad to print out in case. :(

edit: ah, i printed out the enews bit. not as good as the online page, but it should get the job done.

"Ones going on Ebay"

I don't know if thats something you want to brag about :p Might anger some folks heeh

They had 30 in stock at the MC in northeast OH. I snagged one for my wife's computer today. $239.99 -$50.00 rebate. $189.99 for this card is a steal.

Diseaseboy said:
They had 30 in stock at the MC in northeast OH. I snagged one for my wife's computer today. $239.99 -$50.00 rebate. $189.99 for this card is a steal.
Apparently that's because OH is a distribution center for MC. :D I just got the last one at the Santa Clara MC, $239 - $50 MIR.

xsoulbrothax said:
Crap, did it just go out of stock or something? I think it disappeared off Micro Center's webpage in the last 20 minutes or so... was going to go by there tomorrow, and now there's no online ad to print out in case. :(

edit: ah, i printed out the enews bit. not as good as the online page, but it should get the job done.

Anyone have a link to the mir, i didn't get it before it went *poof* from the site

Anyone that bought an extra one to sale PM me. I called them the guy told me that they had so many orderd that they didant know if they could get enuff shipment in to fill the backorders so they had to compleltly "discontinue" it. He said he didant know if they would be saling them again.

I just picked up the power supply that was on sale.. now I need to build a computer to put it in.. LOL..

Oh, they had like at least 30 of those graphics cards in stock when I went too.. looks like nobody even touched the display of them. (Troy, MI)

What kind of performance would I get w/ this and my athlon xp 2400+? I'm worried that the proc bottleneck would make this even worth it, but im not sure.

wiretap said:
....Oh, they had like at least 30 of those graphics cards in stock when I went too.. looks like nobody even touched the display of them. (Troy, MI)

Wow! Are you serious? I am from MI and I am the one who started this thread and decided not to get out on Sunday and get one. I figured they would have been all gone in no time? I have a line on a used on for $220. Maybe I will see what I can work out?
Or I might just go and get a new one?

Anyone with backorders got anything back yet?? I'm impatiently waiting for the tracking number email!

It says "No longer available"......I got 2 already...was gonna grab 2 more :)

I have one on back order for the 249 price so I called to ask the status of my order. I was told they still dont have them, but they put it back up on the website. Back orders will be filled in the order recieved.... IF they get them. The customer service guy (Steve) told me he would price protect my order though, so IF I get one it will be at the lower 239 price.

Uhm... :( the other thing he told is they wont be taking any more orders for it even though its on the website. I would definetly try though. This is a fantastic deal .... IF I EVER GET THE FREAKIN CARD!!! :mad: Good luck

Back