Micro Center -ATI Radeon X850 XT AGP $199 AR & addl. savings

Just gonna back TyP00n up here...the Overland Park, KC store has them in stock as of 2:30pm. They had an entire endshelf full when I picked mine up today. I would have posted earlier, but I needed sleep.

Fairfax still had them in stock as of this afternoon but it was back up to 249.99. They still don't have a sign saying the price...

HAHAH! Hell yeah! I just got a email saying that they finally shipped my backorder! Woohoo!

Finally got a shipping notice for my backorder. FexEx shows the package as being in Indianapolis, IN at the moment. Should be on my doorstep tomorrow afternoon.

I just got a back order reminder :rolleyes: with the blah blah blah will ship as soon as we get enough etc. I must be further down the line than you guys. Wonder why they put it back up on the website? Going to have to call today.

WOOOT!!!! Just got a fed ex tracing number in my email, my card is shipped. :D :D :D

Just by chance i check Micro's website today as well and they were back in stock and ordered with the quickness. Mine should be here on Saturday!

=[ currently with my htpc setup my two ati tv tuners are conflicting with the nvidia 6600GT...I'm thinking about getting this card. I play Battlefield 2 a lot!!! perfect for me huh? :(. I guess I should start a CC and then just card it that way so I don't have to pay right away.

I ordered one yesterday... and i have the tracking number already! im stoked! I went to the Microcenter in Sunnyvale last week and they said that they sold the last one a couple days earlier... =( cant wait to throw on the Artic cooler ATI5 on and see it fly!

Found this thread while on the hunt for the elusive "AGP Card". Picked one up as a result from the Westmont Illinois store. Watched them open a box of 30, grabbed mine and they stocked the shelf with the rest. That was early this morning. Replaced my unlocked/overclocked 6800nu with this. All I can say is, wow, I've been missing out on a lot of power.

P4 3.4E
2gigs Geil PC3200
Abit AS8

Auquamark=71,126
3DMark05=6213

I have no idea if these numbers are good or bad. What I do know is where I came from and where I'm at...the difference is mighty. To be expected, of course.

Thanks for the heads up on this spectacular deal! Looks like I'll get another year out of my agp rig.

Cablespider said:
Found this thread while on the hunt for the elusive "AGP Card". Picked one up as a result from the Westmont Illinois store. Watched them open a box of 30, grabbed mine and they stocked the shelf with the rest. That was early this morning. Replaced my unlocked/overclocked 6800nu with this. All I can say is, wow, I've been missing out on a lot of power.

P4 3.4E
2gigs Geil PC3200
Abit AS8

Auquamark=71,126
3DMark05=6213

I have no idea if these numbers are good or bad. What I do know is where I came from and where I'm at...the difference is mighty. To be expected, of course.

Thanks for the heads up on this spectacular deal! Looks like I'll get another year out of my agp rig.

Looks reasonable. My 3D Mark score was 5530 on a P4 3.0/1 gig ram and didn't bother tweaking anything (ie, AGP aperature, virus checker running, CCC, and a buncha other stuff in the background).

I also jumped up from a 6800nu. Haven't run alot of stuff since I just installed it yesterday but I can say that Far Cry jumps now!

Greenwit said:
Looks reasonable. My 3D Mark score was 5530 on a P4 3.0/1 gig ram and didn't bother tweaking anything (ie, AGP aperature, virus checker running, CCC, and a buncha other stuff in the background).

I also jumped up from a 6800nu. Haven't run alot of stuff since I just installed it yesterday but I can say that Far Cry jumps now!

My 3DMark05 score started at about 5800 with everything clocked at stock. By the time I got everything tweaked up, I was at 6745. I don't run my computer at a mx overclock though. I get about 6200 with it set how I run my computer every day.

dam this deal is still on(rebate is good until Jan31)
just got mine today, gets 2000 on 3DMark06 with an a64 3000(smokes my old 9800)
maybe i can get more once my 165 gets here :D

Well, got my card and I LOVE it. But.... has anyone else not gotten their rebate yet? I turned it in well before the deadline. :confused:

Not seen any rebate money here yet... :( Hope this isn't a sign of things to come (or not...)

Ax

For those that got in on this deal - you need to go online and check your rebate status if you've not already.

http://www.web-rebates.com/ati

1-888-259-8722, weekdays, 7 am to 9 pm, MST

I checked mine and it said it was rejected due to lack of Serial Number being included in mailing.

I kept copies of everything so I called the number above. The CSR checked my records and came back saying that EVERYTHING was included in my mailing and he had NO IDEA why it was rejected. I'll be getting my rebate in a few weeks.

Bottom line, ATI's rebate center is dropping the ball and probably rejecting valid claims on purpose. No way to prove this, so stay on top of your rebate or expect to lose the reason you jumped on this deal.

Question for those of you who sent in your rebate. There were two barcodes on the box, a small one and a large one, which one did you send?

I decided to send the small one because it was the only one that said S/N above it.

RGFrog said:
...I checked mine and it said it was rejected due to lack of Serial Number being included in mailing.

I kept copies of everything so I called the number above. The CSR checked my records and came back saying that EVERYTHING was included in my mailing and he had NO IDEA why it was rejected. I'll be getting my rebate in a few weeks.

Bottom line, ATI's rebate center is dropping the ball and probably rejecting valid claims on purpose. No way to prove this, so stay on top of your rebate or expect to lose the reason you jumped on this deal.

I checked mine, the *exact* same thing happened. My status was REJECTED due to lack of serial number. I'm talking to a CSR named Darrell right now, and he's trying to tell me I have to send in the UPC as well (since I only sent the Serial Number). I explained to him that the terms and conditions on the rebate form specifically said "serial number OR the barcode".

Well, just got off the phone, and they are requesting that I fax them the original rebate form that says "serial number OR the barcode" before they'll even consider changing my status - and even then he's saying it could take up to two weeks just to change the status. :mad: He said they didn't have the paperwork in front of them, just the data that was entered into the computer file (which of course *doesn't* show a copy of the rebate form)

I'm sure glad that I saved copies of my paperwork. Hope the rest of you guys don't run into this issue, like myself and RGFrog have... :(

Ax

hmm mine has been stuck on processing stage for 2 weeks now. Is it possible it was rejected and I need to call?

I also saved a copy of the rebate form and heres exactly what it says

"Original Serial number label CUT from the ATI product package OR UPC (bar code) if on box."

Bastards did the same thing to me. "An original serial number from an ATI graphics card was not submittted". That is such BS!!!

Good job, ATI, I will never buy another ATI product. You don't treat your customers like idiots.

-PP

BTW everybody call 888-259-8722 and give them a bitchin....

Heh, those fuckers gave me the same excuse. I called the their number and was put on hold for 30, yes 30 fucking minutes :mad: . After waiting for so long, I finally bitched my way to the approval of the UPC/Serial number.:D

I swear...I hate rebates so much...but I their so hard to pass up on!

Gave them a call and said everything was fine and it would be processed in like 3 weeks. Got an e-mail next day that it was in the mail... We'll see.

Just a rebate FYI,
I also got the did not send the serial number reject, but the next day i recieved a e-mail that said my rebate had been aproved and was being sent out so I will have to wait and see.

I called them up today...

They said to disregard the thing taht says your rebate did not go through...

HOWEVER!!! you HAVE TO call to tell them or they will not send your rebate out, or at least that's what the guy told me...

I just talked with Derrick at the ATI rebate center, and he couldn't understand why they made me resubmit that Rebate form. He said he was going to clear it up, and get me a check cut and sent out, and that my online status should be cleared up and normal in 24-48 hours.

Thank God someone up there knows how to do their job.... :rolleyes:

Ax

Axdrenalin said:
I checked mine, the *exact* same thing happened. My status was REJECTED due to lack of serial number. I'm talking to a CSR named Darrell right now, and he's trying to tell me I have to send in the UPC as well (since I only sent the Serial Number). I explained to him that the terms and conditions on the rebate form specifically said "serial number OR the barcode".
<SNIP>
Ax
I sent in mine with the UPC code and high-lighted the bits on about UPC or serial number on the rebate form. My rebate is said to have been "approved." But this is by far the slowest rebate I ever had; four months and counting (Ironically the Microsoft Money/Tax Cut rebate went AFTER the ATi rebate and came in last week.)

I finally called the number on the rebate form and complained about how long my rebate had been in "Processing" The woman promptly started typing something in and said it would be at my house in 2 weeks. Its a shame you have to go through all this crap to get something you were entitled to in the first place.

Got my rebate today. I guess you need to follow up with a bitchy call to the rebate center to help things along.

PCI-E for that one, this thread is about the AGP version.

Also, I received my rebate 3 days after calling them up. Considering the amount of video cards sold on this deal, I bet ATI is feeling the pinch with the rebates.

After the hassle we've had getting back the $50 rebate, I hope they *do* feel the pinch! :rolleyes: I just checked the status on mine, and it says they mailed the check yesterday, so hopefully I'll be seeing it soon.

Rebates never really bothered me that much prior to this experience, but having to keep tabs and fight for it this time has really left a bad impression concerning future rebate deals.

Ax

RGFrog said:
PCI-E for that one, this thread is about the AGP version.

Also, I received my rebate 3 days after calling them up. Considering the amount of video cards sold on this deal, I bet ATI is feeling the pinch with the rebates.

The fullfillment center might (though given how much everyone is complaining, I suspect not), but AFAIK, Fullfillment centers sign contracts with whomever is offering the rebate for a fixed dollar amount or perhaps for a fixed amount/unit sold during the time the rebate offer is in effect. If nobody sends them in, the fullfillment center makes big bucks. If everyone sends them in.....not so much. I believe some have gone out of business in the past.

I may be wrong, but from what I've read, that is basically how it works.

Back