Micro Center -ATI Radeon X850 XT AGP $199 AR & addl. savings

i hope they get more..... my brother was gonna get one so we could play battlefield2 together.

The Duluth (Gwinnett Place Mall) store in Atlanta had 24 in stock as of this afternoon. Well, 23 now as one of them is sitting on my desk waiting to be installed. There were 8 or 10 out on the shelf. 239.99 plus tax at the register (Total 254.39).

The label on the shelf says 199.99 after rebate, so they got $10 cheaper somehow. I was hoping it would ring up at 199.99 but no dice.

PP

Saw two available @ the Mayfield Heights, OH location a few days ago.

heh..yeah, they went quickly...didn't go to get one myself, opted instead to get the Seagate 160GB IDE for $10 after MIR's :D

GOT ONE (in hand)!

Stumbled on this thread this afternoon, I have been searching for months for my short-term AGP solution, couldn't believe it when I saw this deal going on. Saw that there is a microcenter near Villanova, PA about 30 minutes from me.

Drove there tonight, the woman at the counter chuckled when I showed her the printout of the website showing the 850XT at $239 and said they had been flying off the shelves and they probably didn't have any (since it was originally $399) She checked the stock computer and it showed -6 in stock and she laughed and pointed to the screen. She told me I had waited too long to get in on the deal, and even if I ordered it on the web I probably wouldn't get it, but she was cool and said hey lets look around the store just to make sure. None here, none there...she looks in one last place and OMG, there's one left on an endcap shelf. She couldn't believe it. Said it must be my lucky day and handed it to me. I practically ran for the checkout line. I couldn't believe it when the guy rang it up and it showed $239...printed out the rebate for $50 and I'm holding a brand new 850XT for $189. I couldn't wipe the smile off my face as I drove home. Good luck getting in on this one, its an unbelieveable deal and going fast. I'm dropping this puppy in tomorrow and playing COD2 the way it was meant to be seen.

Thanks for pointing out this deal!

phillygreen said:
GOT ONE (in hand)!

Stumbled on this thread this afternoon, I have been searching for months for my short-term AGP solution, couldn't believe it when I saw this deal going on. Saw that there is a microcenter near Villanova, PA about 30 minutes from me.

Drove there tonight, the woman at the counter chuckled when I showed her the printout of the website showing the 850XT at $239 and said they had been flying off the shelves and they probably didn't have any (since it was originally $399) She checked the stock computer and it showed -6 in stock and she laughed and pointed to the screen. She told me I had waited too long to get in on the deal, and even if I ordered it on the web I probably wouldn't get it, but she was cool and said hey lets look around the store just to make sure. None here, none there...she looks in one last place and OMG, there's one left on an endcap shelf. She couldn't believe it. Said it must be my lucky day and handed it to me. I practically ran for the checkout line. I couldn't believe it when the guy rang it up and it showed $239...printed out the rebate for $50 and I'm holding a brand new 850XT for $189. I couldn't wipe the smile off my face as I drove home. Good luck getting in on this one, its an unbelieveable deal and going fast. I'm dropping this puppy in tomorrow and playing COD2 the way it was meant to be seen.

Thats the store in St Davids on Lancaster ave.............I was there last night about 6 PM... They have more than just that one.......but they have less now :)

I went today and they were out....the guy said to check back again Wednesday. Hope I can jump on this deal.

JaYp146 said:
heh..yeah, they went quickly...didn't go to get one myself, opted instead to get the Seagate 160GB IDE for $10 after MIR's :D

Wonder if you were in the store at the same time I was and picked up the hard drive- they just sent them out when I was there. Where did you find the other rebate? It was a $40.00 rebste only for the IDE Seagate 160. The SATA Seagate 160 had a $40 and $35 rebate.

I picked on up from Micro Center in Fairfax VA. They had quite a few in stock cause they don't have the low price up. They all say 400 on them. BTW if you're looking for them they're on the endcap of the video card rack. I got a cancellation notice on my online purchase. Then i got a backorder notice. My credit card was charged today, but i didn't get an email saying it was shipped. We'll see how that plays out.

Trinz said:
I picked on up from Micro Center in Fairfax VA. They had quite a few in stock cause they don't have the low price up. They all say 400 on them. BTW if you're looking for them they're on the endcap of the video card rack. I got a cancellation notice on my online purchase. Then i got a backorder notice. My credit card was charged today, but i didn't get an email saying it was shipped. We'll see how that plays out.
I might be making a trip to micro center in fairfax soon :)

Alright I just received $60 back because of their price protection policy (I ordered for $300)

Totally happy about this. Now lets hope that rebate comes back :)

CAlled the FAirfax,Va location..Sales person Ted said 46 cards instock.

239.00 Plus $50 mfr. mail-in rebate / 582528.is the sku #.

Cool for DAys.

phillygreen said:
GOT ONE (in hand)!

Well for heck sake tell us about it now come on...How do u like the card?

Just checked my credit card statement. They credited me $60 price protection. Once I get the rebate, it will be $189 like everyone else. I'd say this was one of the better deals going lately.

Picked mine up yesterday....even though when I checked on Sunday they said "come back next week." Haven't had time to install it yet, though I was charged $254.something out the door (after tax), and have the $50 MIR pending. Great deal IMO.

Looks like Micro Center's got a lot of good deals...but it's good to see that they've got something like this to give you AGP guys a great card at a great price. Who says AGP is dead with a deal like this, eh? :D

Their site's a bit confusing to me, though...they've got an x1800XL All-in-Wonder listed for $343.99, which is a pretty good price, but the picture and description are of a regular x1800XL. Go figure. :confused:

c00LaS1cE said:
these are going for ~$200 shipped on ebay...just a heads up

Most of he auctions I have seen, have closed well over $300.00.....Mine included.....

Just picked one up at my local Microcenter. :)

They had 50 yesterday and only 2 left today! :eek:

I was at the Microcenter today in Sharonville, Ohio and they had a whole endcap full of them. There where at least 20 marked at 239.99.

sweet, thought all these would be sold out, but had my mom grab one from Overland Park KS (don't know how many are left), unfortunately I won't be able to test it out for a while since I'm at college right now. almost got when it was $250 too... Guess I will keep my agp rig a little longer now.

digitalxdna said:
just called the tustin/santa ana store; they have them in stock. $239.99 + tax before rebates.

&%$! liars told me they were discontinued and wouldnt be coming back in stock anymore...there better be one in the morning because my 9800pro needs to go to ATI for RMA and I cant play nuttin...argh.

mope54 said:
&%$! liars told me they were discontinued and wouldnt be coming back in stock anymore...there better be one in the morning because my 9800pro needs to go to ATI for RMA and I cant play nuttin...argh.
i'd call them again and check availability. did it yesterday and had them put one away at merchandise pick-up for me.

but if it's not the same one as the ad... :mad:

digitalxdna said:
i'd call them again and check availability. did it yesterday and had them put one away at merchandise pick-up for me.

but if it's not the same one as the ad... :mad:

dude, that was frickin awesome! They do have them in stock, it is the same card, and they are holding one for me...I'm stoked I checked the forums last nigh :D

Man, I owe you one! off to tustin...

I got my x850XT online through Microcenter. It arrived in fine shape and everything was in order. I used to have a 9500 Pro - good god this x850XT is massive! :eek:

mope54 said:
dude, that was frickin awesome! They do have them in stock, it is the same card, and they are holding one for me...I'm stoked I checked the forums last nigh :D

Man, I owe you one! off to tustin...

no problem; glad it worked out for you. :)

Sweet deal. I just saw this and swung by MC tonight in Columbus and got what looked like the last one on the shelf. Price was only marked at $399 but rang up $239. :D Filling out my rebate for the other $50 off... Thanks a lot!

Mine just arrived and man I am a happy camper..Yee Hawww

Price on box said 399.00 but paid 239.00 8 dollar shipping got here two days

Just called Troy, MI. They have 40 in stock. Maybe I will go and pick one up!

This one isn't such a hot overclocker

crap....

Got to 565/570 and will not go any farter without artifacting.

X850XT PE is 590/540... so you are close. Maybe you will have to flash it to get there?
Also, keep in mind there is not much beyond PE speeds anyway. Be happy you have close to PE speeds for $189.99! Spend the savings on a better CPU if you want to get scores and frame rates up.
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1028752950

Regardless, this is about it for AGP and the difference between an XT and XT PE is not major however, the difference between an 850XT and a 7800 GT is!
http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/digest3d/0905/itogi-video-d3-wxp-aaa-1600-pcie.html

So unless you are ready to move to PCI-E be proud of your purchase and run that sucker hard for another year or so.

I too thought the same thing.

However I read somewhere it works for Ati also..

guru3d has it Enjoy

Back