Possible [H]ot Deals: CompUSA store closings (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be flying back to NJ later this month and plan to visit South NJ. If time permits, I'll visit the Mt. Laurel store (which, when I lived in South NJ, I frequented often) and report back what kind of deals they have going on then.

I'll be flying back to NJ later this month and plan to visit South NJ. If time permits, I'll visit the Mt. Laurel store (which, when I lived in South NJ, I frequented often) and report back what kind of deals they have going on then.

Ah the one behind Moorestown mall? I go to that one too. I went there for Black Friday.

Ah the one behind Moorestown mall? I go to that one too. I went there for Black Friday.

Yep, the one at East Gate. I used to live just a couple miles away from there. How was BF at CU this year?

There were long lines for both the 9pm-12 am sale and 5 am sale later that morning. I went to the 9-12 sale and was about 100th in line at 7:30. After I got in and got the stuff I wanted and left, the line had grown even longer extending past Shoprite.

hahahahha

" Sorry for the inconvenience. Our stockers are currently busy refreshing our virtual shelves with more exciting product for your shopping convenience. Check back with us in approximately 30 minutes for new hot deals and a fresh selection of great products."

sureeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

There were long lines for both the 9pm-12 am sale and 5 am sale later that morning. I went to the 9-12 sale and was about 100th in line at 7:30. After I got in and got the stuff I wanted and left, the line had grown even longer extending past Shoprite.

Damn, that is pretty long. I went to CU on the midnight before BF back in 2005. I got there about 40 min. before the store opened and the line was near Shop Rite :eek:. I only went b/c a friend wanted my input on what laptop deal to get. The funny thing is my friend came from Rt. 295 and he said that he already saw tents at the Best Buy store that's across East Gate from CU. Anyway, since we were so far back in line, the laptop he was looking for was long gone by the time we got in the store. I looked at certain items I was kind of interested in (hard drive, digicam, TV tuner card, etc.) but nothing appealed to me.

So, don't know if this helps anyone, but I called customer support who quoted wait times of over 5 minutes. 48 minutes later I talked to some woman who told me that if you need a refund of a gift card you can call them, have them freeze the balance on the card, and then mail you a check for the balance. I think you have to mail them the card too but the whole process takes 4-6 weeks and I don't trust them so I'll probably try to spend it as long as its not wasteful spending.

I'm predicting this will be a great opportunity for those who dumpster dive. I would assume the company coming in will trash supplies they don't want (computers, desks, etc) and probably any open items. I will report back any findings.

You are predicting wrong. I helped close one of the CompUSA's during the last round of closings. Gordon Brothers will come in and put a price on everything. They price all the old equipment and the desks and furniture. They will even price the fixtures. The only thing they are not going to sell are the registers since they are leased from IBM. GB is so hungry for cash that they will even price the boxes of extra florescent bulbs.

So extactly when it will happen ? I really need to buy some products.

According to some posts, the liquidation sales start tomorrow (Wed.) w/ 10% off sales. Then I imagine every week or so, the percentage will increase.

I guess i'll pop in and check out the denver location near me after work tommorow and see if theres anything worth having a look at. Although if its a straight 10% off everything, i cant remember there being anything i had to have.

Yes it is confirmed that SALE STARTS WEDNESDAY. I went to Compusa and ask the manager, he said all the sale will be from company. He also said you cannot find sale online, it will be instore only.

I saw they have stacked up all the COSMOS1000 cases up front, with $199 price tag. They jacked up the price, it was going for $150 last week. :(

So keep up inform people when you get any deal. I will stop by Compusa on friday night.

I am willing to bet money that almost all the stuff remains at a higher price than Newegg until after Christmas, and by then there will be nothing left. CompUSA sucks even when they're having a going out of business sale. Pathetic.

So tomorrow for sure then? I went to day looking for an Imac 20" for a customer and the price was $ 1,499.99 (MSRP) so I walked out of there all pissy... hopefully tomorrow I get lucky and get at least that 10% off.

I can't say much about CU but for the most part I don't give them that much business. I did get my two rebates on time last yer when I bought 2 bluetooth headsets for Tax only.

The street is tough right now and everybody is looking to buy things at credit, it is crazy.

this girl in my astronomy class works at the local compusa. she told me they are closing and the liquidation sale starts tomorrow so im gonna head up there when they open and see what i find

i hope i get a good price on a deathadder......if not i will hide it and comeback later in teh week for it

so went into CompUSA today and picked up an Antec Sonata III and 80GB iPod Classic for the 22" Samsung monitor that I TAP replaced. Apparently today was the last day to TAP replace stuff but your milage might vary.

They still had one of those antec 850 toughpower's or whatever they are. I don't know if anyone wants it or wants to pay me for it or what but I still have $180 on a gift card that I need to spend eventually.

Hi all. I just got back from the store in downtown San Francisco and have no deals to report. Good stock of computer hardware, but no 8800GT to be found if you were holding your breath for that one. Will probably visit tomorrow to see what's up.

NYC (57/B'way) has no 8800GT's, but I'm going back tomorrow to use up a $200 gift card. I think I saw 20% signs today, though.

Please post the prices. Every one going to CompUSA please report back the prices, if you can remember any. That would be really nice to keep track of prices.

Thanks in advance. I will go in my Lunch break.

Co-worker dropped by a store yesterday (Tue). Didn't see any deals, only saw a "NOW HIRING" banner. Maybe they need all the help they can get to run the liquidation sales.

Anyway, I'll be stopping by this evening to see if there is any deals

From my experience with sales like this, they will start off the "good stuff" at 10% off and only the random crap for a bigger discount. They will probably sell 90% of their "good stuff" (TVs. laptops, monitors videocards etc) before they really discount them.

That being said, you never know what kind of crap they have laying around. Might be worth stopping in a few times and see what happens.

If I stop by tonight I will let everyone know whats goin on. ;)

what do you think they would do if you bought stuff now, waited for the two weeks to return it....you think you could convince them to discount the items on return to keep?

My local store had at least two LCD's on display with entire lines of bad lit up pixels. Only one of them had a "managers special" at high $twohundreds I believe it was. Now basically this monitor was worth zero unless you could buy it and instantly get the OEM to replace it, but at the price it wouldn't be worth the time. Gee, wonder why they can't make money.

I would like to find a Canon PowerShot S5 IS cheap, but won't hold my breath. The prices on these have bounced around like the stock market recently.

what do you think they would do if you bought stuff now, waited for the two weeks to return it....you think you could convince them to discount the items on return to keep?

Starting yesterday (Tuesday) they no longer accept returns or exchanges.

Just got back from my Compusa. They jacked up some prices on stuff and then knocked a whopping 10% of it. Right now the clearance is a joke. I couldent find anything I wanted for the prices.

The only possibly good price at mine was Quadcore for 309 at 20% off.

CompUSA can't even go out of business correctly.

We'll see how GB does the liquidation, but I have my reservations about any "good deals". I worked for them between 1998-2001 here at store #244. They couldn't have a weekly sale without having like 20-some retractions.

Same here.

From what I remember:

5%:
Computers (whole packages)
Laptops

10%:
PS2/PS3 games and accessories
XBox/XBox360 games and accessories
All Software (except PC games)
PC Memory
PC Speakers
PC Printers
LCD's
Sound Cards
Graphic Cards
PC Gaming Accessories (Joysticks, etc.)
CD/DVD Burners
Hard Drives
Most everything in the store

20%:
PC Cases
Processors
Motherboards
Power Supplies
All PC Games (best deal was Guitar Hero III for 64 bucks, Medal of Honor 4 for 40 bucks)
DVD Movies
Cell Phone Accessories (except memory cards)
Books and Magazines
PC Accessories (Fans, Heatsinks, etc.)

If they hope to get people in to buy the rest of their inventory they are going to need to show some excellent mark downs. I will check in to one of my stores later this week to see if they are doing anything "good."

Just got back from my Compusa. They jacked up some prices on stuff and then knocked a whopping 10% of it. Right now the clearance is a joke. I couldent find anything I wanted for the prices.

The only possibly good price at mine was Quadcore for 309 at 20% off.

So the QuadCore was $240 ?

WIN:

Q6600 SLACR 11/12/07 pack date -original $310
20% off, $248

EH:
Corsair 620HX PSU -original $180
20% off, $144

20% off for cooling stuff
10% off memory
20% off CPUs, PSUs, Mobos
10% off hard drives
5% off real apple products
10% off cameras
10% off media
10% off printers

Are all of these deals in store only or will the online store match these prices, for anything throughout the liquidation.

A freind went into Salem NH store today, same crap, 5% to 10% on retail MSRP. They have along way to go bedfore anything is worth bothering with.

That store does have a few Q6600's and Phemon's in the case, along with a GTX and a couple 3870's. Some good HDisks but no raptors. Some good LCD's but the prices have to get to 50% before its a bargain.

Personally I'd grab the LG 24" for 50% off ($599 list) but other than that I see lot of stuff just sitting on shelves till the liquidators "get real" and liquidate.

I just got back from the oklahoma city store. Only thing that was of any interest to me was 20% off computer components like video cards, cases, mobo's etc. I was hoping the TV's would be discounted, but they were only marked down 5% off MSRP which is still higher than their sale prices. Pretty much everything else was 10% off.

Came back from Lunch, and Maryland-Columbia Store.

20% off Cases, Computers, etc
10% Networking, HardDrives, etc.

They had Couple of QuadCores listed for $299, plus Phenom9500 $250, so you can take 20% off of it.

They had couple of 8800GTS 512MB Asus versions for $399 - 20% off = $319.20

went there,
and grab nothing home

since all just like ordinary, you can find in mostly webs

not cheap or REALLY cheap yet

Went to the one in Miami since I had to buy an Imac 20" for a Customer, what a Cluster fook they have going on. Bunch of people running around like chickens with their heads cut off. They had a 10% on a bunch of stuff but nothing out of the extraordinary. Employess of CompUSA, The new bosses Honchos were also there, people taking inventory while trying to sell... Total Fiasco.

Got to the cashier and the nightmare began, they were not giving me any discounts even thought it said 10% on Apple Monitors there, finally got them to go for 5% as this was a computer and not just a monitor. I left after 45mins to 1 hour not even wanting to see what else they had... that's how pissed off I was.

I really don't need anything but if that's how they are going to be helping potential customers, they will not be having a good Xmas sale. I am hoping it was just bad luck on my part being the first day of the take-over and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back