The New, (now) official, Show off Your Video Card Thread

bfg-5800u.jpg

I want to see how it handles doom3 :p

ThisMonsterLives said:
alright when I give a rat's ass I'll let you know.
finga.gif

you may continue spamming now.

lol

look who's calling who a spammer.

you're posting such wonderfull pictures of a video card with rubbers plastered all over the pics and yet you're calling me a spammer.

ha! once again, nice going Eienstien...

GabooN said:
9800 Non Pro

400/325

dsc00181.jpg

with all that metal on it you only get 400/325? wow my old 9800 NP did 430/370 on air ... no mods , guess i was lucky

This card doesn’t have the 3.3NS memory from Samsung or what ever it was, so the mem is very low, I got the card from BB so its just a ATi brand not the Saphires that could OC like crazy... This setup is air cooled and has no fan, yet... I just installed it today so I am still testing, mainly purchased it for my X800-XT(Whenever that comes in) but not 100% sure it will even fit....

GabooN said:
This card doesn’t have the 3.3NS memory from Samsung or what ever it was, so the mem is very low, I got the card from BB so its just a ATi brand not the Saphires that could OC like crazy... This setup is air cooled and has no fan, yet... I just installed it today so I am still testing, mainly purchased it for my X800-XT(Whenever that comes in) but not 100% sure it will even fit....

It will fit, especially sience you bought the D version with the short ramsinks. I put a C version on a x800pro and had to come up with a different screw config to get the backplate to fit over some OCZ BGA ramsinks on the backside, and also had to bend the heat pipe and make from scratch two new cross beam supports due to the wider width, all of that so it would fit over the backside sinks.

I want to post pictures of my 6800 GT i'm getting today when i get it.

Post more pictures people. They're all looking really good. It's cool to see what everybody has and what systems they're in.

My newly upgrade 6800GT. I was originally using a Visiontek GF3. The day changed a lot when I put the new card in :D :D :D

6800GT.jpg

tranCendenZ said:
heh so you broke down and bought a 6800GT after the d3 benchmarks? i recall you stating earlier you went for the x800xtpe.

I've got two machines here set up to play DOOM with on the home network. One is a A64 and the other is a P4C. So I figured why not go and get an Nvidia card too, that way I can have a real AMD/Nvidia vs Intel/ATI fight :D After all, all of the cards I had left here at the house were still ATI's.

aticards.jpg

Azzkikr1337 said:
My newly upgrade 6800GT. I was originally using a Visiontek GF3. The day changed a lot when I put the new card in :D :D :D

6800GT.jpg

oh my, ive got a gainward ti200 in right now, and my xfx 6800 gt is coming. by the looks of it the gt might not fit cause i have both my bridges modded with heatskink/fan.

dammit I got an impressive collection lying around I need to poast...

okay, not all THAT impressive....but I don't see no classic voodoo 3 3ks here :D

no one even talks about my old cards? i feal left out :(. ah well. i get all my cards from the metal pile at the local dump(actualy, now its a recycleling center, and i think nantucket is in the top 4 or 5 of recycling in the nation). youed be surprised what people through out. i got found a dule p3' setup, a cyrex proc, all this good stuff. go there about once a month.

if i were you id swap your sound card and the braket just to give the silencer that much more airflow. ive got 3 full open spaces below my rev3,(thats not including the space that the cooler uses) and a fan blowing into that space( silencers work best in cases w/ low mounted window fans)

the_village_treky said:
if i were you id swap your sound card and the braket just to give the silencer that much more airflow. ive got 3 full open spaces below my rev3,(thats not including the space that the cooler uses) and a fan blowing into that space( silencers work best in cases w/ low mounted window fans)

not a bad idea, i have to take out the usb thing anyway because it's not working, but then again, i'm lazy :p

ya. when i first got my silencer i was in such a rush i didnt think to give it some space to breathe. after moving to open some space, i got another 10 or so mhz on the core. milage may vary, and it might have to do w/ the fact that i moved the pannel to aim the fan right into the mouth of the cooler(i alwas leave my fover off, leaned agaisnt the side of my moniter, so i can get easy access)

anywhay, i just thought id mention it as i have heard that the x8XX series runs hot

good luck ;)

9800pro w/VGA Silencer & Tweakmonster sinks
P1010090.jpg

32mb TNT2 & rare Sun Turbo XGX (actually has the names of the developers on it right above the core)
sunnv.jpg

nice. i think i saw one of those at the landfill a cuple months back, but was extreemly mmangeled(pcb anaped and bent at 45 deg angle) its a real shame two. all those good cards get crushed by the frontend louders every few days. :(

Think saphire 9800se type 2 with the fan off of it and an 80mm cooling fan epoxied to it, that's my card.

~Adam

the_village_treky said:
ya. when i first got my silencer i was in such a rush i didnt think to give it some space to breathe. after moving to open some space, i got another 10 or so mhz on the core. milage may vary, and it might have to do w/ the fact that i moved the pannel to aim the fan right into the mouth of the cooler(i alwas leave my fover off, leaned agaisnt the side of my moniter, so i can get easy access)

anywhay, i just thought id mention it as i have heard that the x8XX series runs hot

good luck ;)

heh, i just did the switch...idle temps before: 45c, after: 39c :D

Well i figured i'd just boost my 9800pro up for a while till the GT prices come down. That waterblock is custom made if thats worth some style points. Volt mod soon to come. Right now its at 475/380...

HPIM0278_001.sized.jpg

HPIM0226.thumb.jpg

HPIM0242.sized.jpg

Back