The New, (now) official, Show off Your Video Card Thread

My 9800 Pro 128M 256Bit that is runnin' @ 410/351...

IMG_0133small.jpg

CIWS said:
I've got two machines here set up to play DOOM with on the home network. One is a A64 and the other is a P4C. So I figured why not go and get an Nvidia card too, that way I can have a real AMD/Nvidia vs Intel/ATI fight :D After all, all of the cards I had left here at the house were still ATI's.

aticards.jpg

Never EVER place ATI and Intel or AMD and nVidia in the same phrase again! Everybody knows it's ATI/AMD and Intel/nVidia. Come on, people... Intel = PresHOT.... nVidia = GeForce5800 UltraHOT. Are you seeing a pattern yet? =P

I would think it's AMD/nVidia. They nForce is for AMD after all. ;)

overall.jpg

rear.jpg

top.jpg

installed.jpg

I've since removed the stock heatspreader over the voltage regulators, and put on my own long RAMsink. It picks up a lot more heat. I also wrote a lengthy review.

pxc said:
bfg6800-1.jpg

<3 new BFG 6800GT OC, just got it this afternoon

WHERE!?!?!

The only ones I can find are on e bay and are getting a $125 premium.

Best Buy tells me they are getting three per store in the next few days but they will not hold one. There are seven BB's in this area. time to make the loops :)

Baer said:
WHERE!?!?!

The only ones I can find are on e bay and are getting a $125 premium.
best buy... $299 from the pre-order back in June, free shipping. :D

ime likeing it. unfortunatly i dont have it right now(i know this sounds weird, but takeing away my computer is my moms defalt punishment for anything. i dont get grounded, i dont have an alawence(i work for all my money), but if i do somthing wrong, my mom takes away the computer. anywhay, imesed up 2 dentist apointments ina row, so i wont be getting it back untll thursday)

anywhay, now that i'v got you laughing at me, i will say that i like the card. i was able to get it fairly far(416/1.12) and i think i may get it higher on the core a little bit, but i love the card. its nice and quiet, and cools well

and how can you not like a 6800 GT?????

and this is so miss spelled b/c i have to type w/ the moniter off half te time b/c she doesnt know i have this computer running for anything other than folding

its kinda weird all these people talking about how they "only" have a9800 xt. 2 mo. agao people would have killed for that shit:p. i guess im guilty of it two, as i could have gotten by w/ my "lowly" 9800 pro @ 432/780. still, braking the 10k mark in 3dmark 03 is realy nice :)

Optimummind
hows that koolance block working for your 9800pro?

i got one coming for mine

ks_tidal said:
Optimummind
hows that koolance block working for your 9800pro?

i got one coming for mine

I don't have the 9800 Pro anymore (I sold it to a [H] forum member here) but when I used to have it, I could take the core to 460MHZ. For everyday use, however, I preferred 440MHZ with 360MHZ on the memory.

The Koolance block I'm using is the GPU-180. It's really good. It's currently installed on top of my BFG 6800GT and it has allowed me to hit 435MHZ for the core with idle temp of 53-55 C. After running the HDR demo for about an hour, the temp tops off at around 68-69 C.

Strange, i just got one(BFG 6800GT OC) a couple days ago (Best Buy Retail- employee $310, heh :p) and the thing has a cooler like that crazy Asus 9800XT pictured above. Furthermore, both fans have blue LED lights that match my case, woot. Just wondering if anyone here has seen/has one of these (besides my coworkers, u know who u are!) Anyways, the copper heatsink and dual fans keep this thing icy even under OCing load. :D

p.s. my first post here on [H], but i've been visiting for quite a while, welcome to me! :D
And i haven't quite figured how to post a pic on this forum. I will asifio, (as soon as i figure it out)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
P4 3.0 Ghz, 1 GB HyperX PC4000 @ 3200 @2-3-3-5, BFG 6800GT OC @ Ultra Clocks

i dont see any pics, but does it look anything like this?

*EDIT* ok, i can see them now. im still more impressed w/ my hsf though :p(its nice and quiet)

UltimateMan said:
What's "shitty" about an all copper heat sink, half the size of the card, with two fans? :confused:

nothing, was just messing with you. though i do think bfg is innovative enough to make a new cooler for the nv40 chips rather then use their nv30-35 coolers

OK well, I just have to post this.

I threw this together a whiile ago, looking at my Father's old IBM 5150, which i used to play Early Games on, and do most of my schoolwork. We used this machine up until 1995, and my father bought it in 1982.

I just had to post a pic of this baby:

4.jpg

Check her out: http://www3.sympatico.ca/kbros/ibm.html

She still works too. :)

Cheers!

BBATi 9800 Pro 128mb w/ Artic SIlencer VGA rev. 1 in the primary setup listed in my sig...

waterchilldone.jpg

UltimateMan - Look into the BFG employee accomodations under toolkit to get another $50 off ;)

UltimateMan said:
Strange, i just got one(BFG 6800GT OC) a couple days ago (Best Buy Retail- employee $310, heh :p) and the thing has a cooler like that crazy Asus 9800XT pictured above. Furthermore, both fans have blue LED lights that match my case, woot. Just wondering if anyone here has seen/has one of these (besides my coworkers, u know who u are!) Anyways, the copper heatsink and dual fans keep this thing icy even under OCing load. :D

p.s. my first post here on [H], but i've been visiting for quite a while, welcome to me! :D
And i haven't quite figured how to post a pic on this forum. I will asifio, (as soon as i figure it out)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
P4 3.0 Ghz, 1 GB HyperX PC4000 @ 3200 @2-3-3-5, BFG 6800GT OC @ Ultra Clocks

Dillusion said:
lol, it was just too much for me :p

The funny thing about this card is... It was an RMA replacment from PNY (Geforce 4 Ti 4200) and unlike the original retail that broke this one has all copper heatsinks, damn thing weighs a ton! Better then the original :)

Got mod?

Sapphire 9800pro, R360 core
front.jpg

The silent 2100rpm sunon is now held on via lexan secured to the 2 holes and memory heatsink instead of the 2 bent-up slot-a fan retnetion wires. Basicly 1.5 GlobalWin Athlon slot-a HSF's went into making that. Sure, it takes up 3 PCI slots, but I don't use any PCI cards anymore ;)

The original write-up & reason for doing. FYI its in a Lian-Li case now, so its running a lot cooler. Also, I do not know whats up with the picture in post #14 lol... Another note, I got some proper springs and nylon washers/bushings (single T-shaped, 2 per spring) that keep the springs perfectly centered and insulated. I might update that thread later...

HiProfile said:
Got mod?

Sapphire 9800pro, R360 core
front.jpg

The silent 2100rpm sunon is now held on via lexan secured to the 2 holes and memory heatsink instead of the 2 bent-up slot-a fan retnetion wires. Basicly 1.5 GlobalWin Athlon slot-a HSF's went into making that. Sure, it takes up 3 PCI slots, but I don't use any PCI cards anymore ;)

The original write-up & reason for doing. FYI its in a Lian-Li case now, so its running a lot cooler. Also, I do not know whats up with the picture in post #14 lol... Another note, I got some proper springs and nylon washers/bushings (single T-shaped, 2 per spring) that keep the springs perfectly centered and insulated. I might update that thread later...

dammmmmmmmmmnnnnn thats one big ass heatsink nice job dude :eek: :D

Back