The New, (now) official, Show off Your Video Card Thread

Well I thought I had some bigger PICS, but I only have the ones I sized down for a post here on [H]. Sorry they're so small.

I have one of the BFG OC's with the "Mermaid" sticker.
6800gt1.jpg
6800gt2.jpg

sandman78 said:
Well I thought I had some bigger PICS, but I only have the ones I sized down for a post here on [H]. Sorry they're so small.

I have one of the BFG OC's with the "Mermaid" sticker.
]

I usualy donwsize to 1024x 768 but I figured 1600x 1200 was need to experience the full glory of the ultra

how come no one owns a Asus 6800? are they bad or something? Overpriced? I'm getting one next week, but No one has it. If anyone owns one, can you tell me how it is

b/c the asus cards are weird. they arnt normal specs line NU or GT. the equivelent of the U is an overclocked gt w/ two power plugs. the =GT is realy a NU overclocked.(fwik)

topdragon147 said:
anyone know where i can get the galaxy 6800NU?
Hong Kong, You can BFG's in your local Best Buy if they have them in stock (call ahead).

JSquid, :eek: What happened?

aren't the Asus cards clocked a little higher than their supposed to be?

Engine Clock 425MHz
Memory Clock 1.1GHzHz(550MHz DDR)

The core is 25mhz faster

the_village_treky said:
b/c the asus cards are weird. they arnt normal specs line NU or GT. the equivelent of the U is an overclocked gt w/ two power plugs. the =GT is realy a NU overclocked.(fwik)
^^^^

CrimandEvil said:
Hong Kong, You can BFG's in your local Best Buy if they have them in stock (call ahead).

JSquid, :eek: What happened?

a spring from a watercooling clip found it's way next to the vid card while the pc was running. it fried the card but the guy who owns it was able to fix it. i couldn't believe it still worked cause that is just not something that is usually fixable ya know? well it turns out as soon as it got good and hot again it died. the pics you see are from when he tried to fix it again and got frustrated. there may be some damage caused by anger lol.

I assume the 'anger damage' is that scraped blob of solder to the right, haha, but to the left, it looks like he was able to re-draw a few of those gold teeth. If thats in fact what he did, then thats the most incredible soldering I've ever seen.

Im have no volt mods, Im running it at 320/518. It takes up about 3 pci slots as well. Used some arctic alumina mixed with AS3 on the core and stuck it on there.

Ephemera said:
and if you don't know what this one is you need repeated beating with a large heavy object ;)

v56k1.jpg

v56k2.jpg

is it one of the rare actually functional ones?

Smith said:
:(... I look at this thread and see things my hands will never hold...
Don't worry -- they sell condoms in gas stations these days ;).

Veeb0rg said:
is it one of the rare actually functional ones?

May have been at one point as it's one of the final revs, but it has some damage probably due to connection of incorrect voltage to the external power input at some point before I got it. I attempted a repair but no luck. Still makes a nice display item. as you say very few work and of the few that do not many work that well even with a lot of messing around.

Hey thejackel, I did the same thing with a stock GF4600ti - didn't need the fan, tho'

anyone post a gf5950 yet?

JSquid said:
check my post on page 9 (page before this one) and you will see a very dead one.
ah - didn't know - mine is a msi, round finned copper heatsink/fan on both sides. <heavy>

Ephemera said:
May have been at one point as it's one of the final revs, but it has some damage probably due to connection of incorrect voltage to the external power input at some point before I got it. I attempted a repair but no luck. Still makes a nice display item. as you say very few work and of the few that do not many work that well even with a lot of messing around.

Where did you even manage to find a 6000? I didnt think they made it past a dev stage...

Viper87227 said:
Where did you even manage to find a 6000? I didnt think they made it past a dev stage...
Very VERY few did. From what I've heard there are less than 10 operational 6000s in existance. Sure wish I had one.

saturnine2 said:
Very VERY few did. From what I've heard there are less than 10 operational 6000s in existance. Sure wish I had one.

i never even heard of the 6000, shows how much i know :D

mr.fishie said:
i never even heard of the 6000, shows how much i know :D

Voodooo5 6000. As you can see, four GPUs on that mofo....thats insane...

and to the dude who said ebay, no way will you find one there, they are way to rare.... I woudl llove to know how they performed tho...

Plenty of info about V5 6K here:-

http://www.3dfx-interactive.com/voodoo5-6000/

There are a fair number that do "work" but those that work even reasonably well are few, and I don't think any worked that well initially. With some later modding, by a dedicated community, like the PCI rework, soldering in better power connectors and other work arounds discovered long after the 3DFX demise, some have got their cards to work pretty well, (at least according to the info / forums on that site).

At the end of the day it's old hardware that cannot come close to the current stuff, but like I said it's nice to have as a display item / piece of 3D gaming card history.... even if it did work I'd not use it over a X800 / 6800 or previous generations anyway.

They do occasionally appear on Ebay, and go for around $800 USD upwards... mine came from industry contacts..

that damn thing wouldnt fit in my xaser III... well it might now because i took out the hard drive cages. but damn

lol, the top is a...
ASUS P4C800 Deluxe
P4 3.0 800fsb @ 3.6 / 26c Idle 43c Load
1 GB Corsair 2-3-3-6
Leadtek 6800 GT [no OC till I change the fan] 48c at idle, way to high for me.
2x92mm fans in front
1x92mm rear very speed
1x80 top
3DMARK2003 = 11508 no OC on GT.

Wifes
ABIT NF7-S
AMD mobile 2.0 @ 2.4 / 32c Idle 47c Load / 7.0v / 11x220
1 GB Corsair 2-2-2-5 @ 2.9v
ATI 9800 Pro 256-bit @ 430 core / 370 mem
2x92mm fans in front
2x92mm fans in rear
3DMARK2003 = 6359 OC-ed

i have the leadtek gt, and the cooler kicks ass, no need to change the fan. most idle around 60(mine idles around 49-53, but i have weird airflow(its my mobo, its nonstanderd atx, though it helps w/ cpu cooling)

ill put a 60x60x10 on the inside of the plastic cover it push's about 29 cfm @ 4600 im guessing just guessing at idle it will drop to 40c idle. ill post screens.

Back