The New, (now) official, Show off Your Video Card Thread

Hell, moreso than seeing the Video cards.
I like seeing the insides of everyones Case to get some ideas about a clean look.

answer the question anyhow............

And hi profile, what speeds do you hit with that 9800 pro (is it?)

Neural Interface said:
dammmmmmmmmmnnnnn thats one big ass heatsink nice job dude :eek: :D

Is it just me and the beer I am drinking or is that a 3 d rendering instead of a real pic?

Phantom anyone?

Just received my Gainward 6800GT Golden Sample from Zipzoomfly. I wasn't expecting it to have two dvi ports, but sure enough it did.

DSC00136.gif

DSC00138.gif

that Gainward 6800GT is sweet looking and lucky you with the dual dvi on the GT.

How much did that thing cost you total? (if you dont mind me asking)

My idle temps with the card are from 56-58c and while playing doom 3 the highest I saw it get was 67c. I'm not entirely sure if the system temp has anything to do with it because it's abnormally high, 39c under full load. The card works like a champ though.

Oh yeah, I got it prior to zipzoomfly's recent price jump which was $425 with 2 day shipping.

conflix said:
Just received my Gainward 6800GT Golden Sample from Zipzoomfly. I wasn't expecting it to have two dvi ports, but sure enough it did.

DSC00136.gif

DSC00138.gif
lol pink copper

Dillusion said:
that thing is loud as all hell isnt it? ...

i cant wait till the nvsilencer comes out, im taking this beast right off :D

Indeed, it doubled the noise on mine. :mad:

How loud is the new BFG 6800 gt oc with copper cooler?
Curious to know temps as well.
Currently using a zalman on mine.

LOUD!

the temps are about 5-10 degrees cooler depends on the case temp/room temp

Wait what?

The Gainward 6800GT has dual DVI?!

Can someone confirm this? I'll totally buy this thing.

But all resellers picture it with one dvi port... plus last week when I was googling around like crazy trying to find out if any GTs at all had dual dvi, I came up completely empty with the conclusion that only the ultras and the XFX vanilla had dual.

I just don't want to dish out the high price and find out that only a certain batch had dual dvi :)

the new BFG OC isn't loud and i idle around the mid 50's but i'm getting a PCI fan to lower the temps a little

Old video card (BFG 5800 Ultra):
Geforce%20FX%205800%20Ultra%20006%20(Small).jpg

New video card (ATI X800XT PE):
CM%20Inside%20004%20(Small).jpg

Keith

one(for the old card): i pitty you

two(for the new pic): how the hell did you fit a video card in a bush... oh, those are cables... nvm

the_village_treky said:
one(for the old card): i pitty you

two(for the new pic): how the hell did you fit a video card in a bush... oh, those are cables... nvm

one: ide buy that 5800U for my old system, i still love that card

two: congrats, you own one of 100 cards, now shrink wrap it and put it in your attic for 5 years itll gain interest

[rubs cramped scrollwheel finger] Thanks for resizing, Robstar ;)

In my old case (exhaust= 80mm Vantec Stealth in PSU, intake= 120mm Panaflo L1A@7v) it was maxing at around 416/357 core/mem using 3dmark2k3 for finding the max speeds...not very reliable - I stopped when the granite rhino got white pixels on the edges. Also, I was using a no-name 300watt PSU, and should note that in the same case, the card was overheating with the stock hsf...

Just trying out ATITool, it's maxing at 451 core & a 367 memory. 430/360 & 440/363 were both playing Doom3 great - very smooth @medium & can't see any artifacts. Thats also with a 1700+ running @2ghz. I'm thinking of trying my 50cfm sunon instead of the 25cfm next & actively cooling the top memory, but thats for another thread. I'm trying to decide if the warranty is considered invalid now, so I can really open her up...

I guess I just justified holding off upgrading for the 'fast' AMD dualcores :D Hell yeah, I'm happy.

Well the jist of it.

Powercolor 9700 Pro broke
Bought up a ATI 9600XT -> best card I could get right away
BFG 5950 Ultra -> watercooling leaked onto it (lasted 1 day)(sold on ebay for $70)
Chaintech 6800 -> not enough power, wanna upgrade.

Just using the Chaintech 6800 right now. Have it OC'd to 378/842. I'm pretty sure I could go higher, but haven't tried.

My server is using an AOpen FX5600. It was using a Gainward Geforce 4 MX420 before that.

It amazes me how much you peeps spend on these videocards that will never ever show thier true potential because no game company will program for your specific card. You guys still going to shell out when they get as much as $500-$1000?

Just rediculous to me spending that much doe for a few more frames in a couple games. :)

Another funny thing is people spending $100's and $100's of dollars to get their machine ready to play DOOM 3, and the game is weak, lol. Sure the graphics are pretty, but where is the gameplay?

Oh well, at least we have Half-Life 2 to look forward to.

I may be wrong but that looks suspiciously like an intel 865gbf motherboard. And if I'm right there, I'm guessing that you have a 3.0ghz Pentium 4 800mhz fsb in there. Now how would I know that? Best Buy/Intel employee deal? To further make things wierder it looks like we also have the same case (Chenming server with the door on the front/window on side?) and the same memory (kingston HyperX?)

Leadtek A400 GT, wetness by DD

nv68_001m.jpg

nv68_002m.jpg

nv68_003m.jpg

nv68_005m.jpg

Asus 9800XT, wetness by me :p

asus9800wc_001.jpg

asus9800wc_002.jpg

and if you don't know what this one is you need repeated beating with a large heavy object ;)

v56k1.jpg

v56k2.jpg

danm dude, i need to get one of those for my card(the WB, now only if i hadnt spent so much on a good air cooling system for my computer)

EDIT: btw, am i the only one who things that uper 6 series volt reg. sinks are too lame? i mean, my leadtek 6800 GT has a biger, coper version, and it gets hotter than the main hsf. the backside above it is almost MUCH hotter than the copper plate, or even the mosfet hs's on my mobo(came stock). i think that 1: leadtek(and all others, but leadtek b/c they have a massive coper block on the back of their card) should cool both the front AND the back,
and 2: either a: intigrate the volt cooler into the main hsf, or b: find a more efective cooler for it

the_village_treky

The irony of watercooling the 6800, (at least the Leatek one I have), is you still requre a fan to keep that v reg sink cool enough. without any airflow it gets over 80C very quickly.

Will probably mod the DD cooler to contact the area in a similar way that the Innovatek one does as standard.... not much gets past those germans you know :p

coolmatic.jpg

btw the leadtek Gt's main front sidesink is copper, but the v reg sink and rear sink are just plated Aluminium similar to the MSI 5900 sink & FX5800 U's rear sink.

Back