black friday is coming!

That's awesome, I'm looking forward to it.

It says the doors open at 7am - what time are you guys going to get in line at???

meh, not worth it... Too much of a hassle. I went to BB at like 9pm the night before a few years back... There were already a solid 400+ people in line.

Holy crap! I honestly had forgotten about BF. It's my favorite holiday. I love the shit-show.

Eh, It's been sucking a bit the last year or two. Too many retailers deciding they can lie and say stuff is cheap when it's not really a very good sale and get people to come in anyway because it's Black Friday.

That's awesome, I'm looking forward to it.

It says the doors open at 7am - what time are you guys going to get in line at???

depends on whats there. If i want a laptop or hdtv, high priority items like that, id prob get there around midnight and get in the already decent sized line.

last year I got polk home theater kit, got there at 5am, didnt get out till like 9:30. the registers crashed and were down for a solid 1.5hours, plus the lines.....

all in all, WELL WORTH IT AND A LOT OF FUN!

I <3 BF!

The $200 Q6600 at Frys with a (crap) mobo last year was my prize.

The year before was my $200 22" Westy. Both were great deals at the time. Can't wait to see whats up for this year!

Have been enjoying BF for many years, until the past two where it seems more people have picked up on it and have started arriving way early (like noon the day before) and that is beyond what I will do. Though it all comes down to the ads and sales.

Wish list:
~Speakers
~Receiver
~Low watt CPU/GPU for HTPC

I can't wait for Black Friday.

Last year I picked up some cheap flash drives, a Motorola bluetooth headset, and a 17" LCD all for $100.

I'm hoping to find a good deal on another LCD monitor, while the one I bought last year was alright, it needs upgraded.

You guys are kidding right? It is still like 3 months away...

I never have found much good on black friday anyhow. I find better deals throughout the year online, plus no lines ;)

Yeah no way...especially not to line up like 12 hours before hand...I mean, for the often mediocre savings, I spend 12 hours + waiting? Nah. I look at it in terms of what I get paid per hour at work, and figure that is the hourly rate for my time. In that sense, it costs more than I save by wasting half a day.

Work Black Friday.

Worked last year at Circuit City for Black Friday, 3am at Store, some were there all night prepping the store. Customers showed up 5pm the day before for the 499 laptops.

1000 in store, started to die down around 1130am, we opened at 5.

Piss off a Manager, I think we can find someone else to buy this $700 TV to, "Who wants one?" awesomeness.

You're not the only one. I already plan on going to Fry's. It's worth it every year. :cool:

man I wish there was a frys around here. I hope at least microcenter does something! if not, bestbuy or circuit city.

man I wish there was a frys around here. I hope at least microcenter does something! if not, bestbuy or circuit city.
I used to try to go to different stores on BF, but gave up. You're either there when it opens, or get there later when the best stuff is gone. Fry's just has so many different things (mostly electronics, of course) that I can do a lot of xmas shopping and buy components and stuff for myself. :D

I already see what I'm going for: 24" Acer LCD for $250 from CompUSA. Then again it might be refurb <_<

Its always nice to start saving early and then blowing it all on a massive amount of cheap equipment and gas for the trip :p

I already see what I'm going for: 24" Acer LCD for $250 from CompUSA. Then again it might be refurb <_<

sorry dude but that was last year, look at the dates posted. ACE hardware is the only one posted for this year so far. But I assure you if you want a 24" for $250 there will be one. just wait a few more weeks till more stores post. :)

I have to work on black friday.

I may send the wife out to get an HDTV. The 26" Westy was acceptable in the apartment, but the new house makes it look small.

I never have found much good on black friday anyhow. I find better deals throughout the year online, plus no lines ;)

What he said.

I refuse to deal with rebates which cuts out a lot of black friday deals. Some of the other good deals require you to be at the store hours before it opens. At very least you will sit in line forever.

When I did retail I always hated black friday. Shit load of people that were too stupid to read the requirements for the specials.

I have found BF to be hit or miss. I try to go for the places that people don't usually think of for whatever product I am looking for. That sometimes helps out; CC and BB are not worth trying for since too many people camp out from 5:00 AM Thanksgiving day to opening. I have a life to live and don't want to bother with that. I'm thinking of seeing what Sears has this year tv-wise; They had a nice 46" Sharp 720p for $999 last year and many people just price matched the 1080p version with CC.

here's my wish list

xbox controller s $1
xbox 360 wired controller $5
ps3 dualshock $5
ps3 1TB $200
xbox360 500gb $50
iphone 3g unlocked $100
sony xbr lcds 90% off
free logitech hardware AR!
vista ultimate 10 license $9.99
nissan gt-r 25% off msrp

I used to love Compusa midnight madness sales...

not for the prices.. but all the peeps in there buying stupid techno junk they don't need

here's my wish list

xbox controller s $1
ps3 dualshock $5
ps3 1TB $200
xbox360 500gb $50
iphone 3g unlocked $100
sony xbr lcds 90% off
nissan gt-r 25% off msrp

dude are you kidding? good luck. But you wont see more than 80% knock off on the xbr man. :p

i got my first 24 inch 1920x1200 pmva soyo for $262 after taxes during black friday last year :)

this year i hope to get:

52 inch 1080p lcd - $1500 or less :D
visiontek 4870x2 for $400? :D
the ergohuman chair for maybe 350-400?

can't really think of anything else right now :)

I have found a few really good deals on BF, but they are so few and far between (and very limited when you do find them) it's not worth it to me. I'd rather spend the day lounging and eating leftovers with family. :D

Mmmmmmm Turkey!!
homer1t.gif

The one and only time I attempted BF was two years ago. Got some OK deals, but totally missed the good stuff. BUT, I learned valuable lessons.

I had already planned to get in line by midnight, but as I drove past the BB on my home from turkey dinner with my parents, there were already people standing in front of the doors. :eek: That was like 6pm Thursday. WTF!!

I had the kids in the car, so had no choice but to keep driving. When I got back around midnight there was already 200+ people waiting. I knew I wasn't getting anything good. But, the folks around us were kewl. It was as fun as a tailgating party.

Anyway, if I seriously attempt another BF I will plan to be there pathetically early. I will bring folding lawn chairs and a small card table or TV tray. I will bring a deck of cards. I will bring heavy blankets or sleeping bags. I will bring plenty of snacks. I will bring a portable radio or TV. And, I will bring a small camping grill or tent heater.

Oh yeah, and I'll bring my 6-cell MagLight (cop-stick)... you'd be surprised how many assholes come around (as a group of 10 or 20) and force their way into the front of the line, threating to harm anyone who opposes them. I won't get them all, but SOMEONE is going to the hospital with a serious head wound! ;)

I'm still using the 40 packs of AA batteries I got from menards 2 years ago for $2/ea!!!

I'd like to build a new system for bf.. everything but monitor and proc.. so I'm hoping for lots of good deals!! :)

here's my wish list

xbox controller s $1
ps3 dualshock $5
ps3 1TB $200
xbox360 500gb $50
iphone 3g unlocked $100
sony xbr lcds 90% off
nissan gt-r 25% off msrp

Why not "I want everything for free". That would be just as realistic as this list :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, and I'll bring my 6-cell MagLight (cop-stick)... you'd be surprised how many assholes come around (as a group of 10 or 20) and force their way into the front of the line, threating to harm anyone who opposes them. I won't get them all, but SOMEONE is going to the hospital with a serious head wound! ;)

Speaking on Black Friday I got one of those last year for $9.99 on Black Friday cannot remember where but it has served me well

You're not the only one. I already plan on going to Fry's. It's worth it every year. :cool:

If I had the coin, I'd start a Fry's here in S. NH.

Bet it could make a killin'.

But for now... "no Fry's for you!" <doing best impression of Seinfeld's soup nazi>

Back