black friday is coming!

eh, Best Buy doesn't look to good. Mediocre deals at best. =/
(rumors are, it isn't the real black friday ad)

/waits for Microcenter ad

Otherwise, I won't be leaving my house to go shop. I might pick up a thing or two off the web.

I'll watch the regular, newegg tigerdirect...
wink.gif

Big steaming pile if you ask me. Those deals are just average at best. I'll guess I'll go up there around 10:00am after everyone has left and pick up some of the less popular items.

for real, waiting for circuit city and microcenter, so far no steals, wtf! where are the 50% off items that arent less than $20 to begin with?

Big steaming pile if you ask me. Those deals are just average at best. I'll guess I'll go up there around 10:00am after everyone has left and pick up some of the less popular items.

for real, waiting for circuit city and microcenter, so far no steals, wtf! where are the 50% off items that arent less than $20 to begin with?

+1!!!!

I've seen that Insignia Blu Ray player (which is actually a pretty good player w/SD slot) on sale for $229!!!! And they have it "on sale" for $250 on Black Friday? With this economy and with people being as price conscious as they are right now, how the hell do they expect to move those??? In the selfsame best buy they're gonna have the sammy (or sony, i forget) for $200 and other places have name brand blu ray players for $200. I had to laugh when I so that.

$10 is good for blu rays, $16.99 not bad for the newest ones, but sheesh, I've seen sales like this already. If they wanna hit their sales goals for BF (and my store - one of best buy's smallest- has a goal of almost 600k!!) they are gonna have to do better than that. PNY flash drives, 4GB for $12.99??? I've seen Kingston and other good brands online with FS for around $8 for 4GB cards many times before now. This is gay gay gay.

you can get a 4gb kingston micro sd with all the adapters for 9 shipped on newegg right now

you can get a 4gb kingston micro sd with all the adapters for 9 shipped on newegg right now

Exactly my point. Stupid Best Buy. People are going to be spending their money this year, but with these "sales" it's not going to be in stores, especially BBY. It's going to be online. Online is BBY's biggest competitor, and will continue to grab more and more and more market share unless BBY does something to compete. The lackluster BF ad is a sign they have forgotten how to compete.

I can't believe none of the big B&M stores don't have any video card deals. I know Best Buy has had one each of the last three years that was pretty decent...

I can't believe none of the big B&M stores don't have any video card deals. I know Best Buy has had one each of the last three years that was pretty decent...

I really hope the BBY ad isn't the one we see leaked on the internet. Someone in the other BF forum said the Circuit City ad sucked, but was a little better than the BBY. I disagree. The CC ad is significantly better than the Best Buy ad IMHO. Way more cheap movies and stuff. Where are all the cheap $2.99 movies on the best buy ad?

"$99 Logitech Harmony 880 @ Circuit City on Black Friday"

Ummm yea i bought this referbed last year for 99.00 not really a awesome deal.

Brand new > refurb

I said "not too bad of a deal"... not "awesome deal".

Does anyone know what graphics card the HP laptop for 400$ at Circuit city or the Toshiba for 379$ at best buy has? And are any of those a really good deal? And does anyone know if the best buy laptop has a mail in rebate? im pretty sure it doesnt, but can someone verify that?

Is it worth it going out on black Friday and sitting in a line? Or should I just camp the shops online stores? lol would be a pretty big hassle in a giant line, and there will probably be people there the day before for all the good sales..

Is it worth it going out on black Friday and sitting in a line? Or should I just camp the shops online stores? lol would be a pretty big hassle in a giant line, and there will probably be people there the day before for all the good sales..

So far the best BF ad I've seen is Wal-mart's as far as electronic stuff goes. I will say this, I work at BBY and although our ad sucks, I've seen some "secret" items come in for black friday that aren't in the ad. Don't know what they are because we can't open the boxes until BF, but I know there are a bunch of 3.99 movies. Maybe they're in the ad and I missed it, but all I saw was 4.99 stuff.

Is it worth it going out on black Friday?

Well, that depends on you, what is on sales, and how badly you want it... :p

Personally, I haven't seen anything "leaked" that would make me want to stand in line for hours freezing my arse off.

I work at BBY and although our ad sucks, I've seen some "secret" items come in for black friday that aren't in the ad.

Kinda defeats the "door buster" philosophy if nobody knows that something is gonna be on sale, lol.

So, BB has decided to save the good deals for those who just happen to go there for the heck of it??

Kinda defeats the "door buster" philosophy if nobody knows that something is gonna be on sale, lol.

So, BB has decided to save the good deals for those who just happen to go there for the heck of it??

The idea is to have items in place to placate the retarded people who come in the afternoon and are pissed that there are no doorbusters left in stock.

I got hit working at Best Buy by some lady pissed we did not have a 5$ flashdrive. She came in at 5pm. :rolleyes:
The charges filed by our store against her for assault was amusing though...

Has there EVER been a GPU BF deal for a B&M? I mean, if the GTX260 at B&M's could match or beat the online prices (specifically AR prices), I'd line up for it. E.g. $180 eVGA GTX 260 - no MIR nonsense, just straight out-the-door price.

Of course pigs will fly before that happens, so meh.

Has there EVER been a GPU BF deal for a B&M? I mean, if the GTX260 at B&M's could match or beat the online prices (specifically AR prices), I'd line up for it. E.g. $180 eVGA GTX 260 - no MIR nonsense, just straight out-the-door price.

Of course pigs will fly before that happens, so meh.

Yea, back when the ATiX700's were new you could get them for $100 on BF. This was like three years ago. I got one from there and was very happy with it. At the time, it was about $20-30 less than online.

I'm holding out hope Microcenter will do something like that. If they do, I'll be there near the front of the line waiting in the below freezing Michigan temperatures. And I'll bring a friend/family member to wait there as well so I can get two for SLI. :p

I guess is is pertinent, do any etailers release their green monday (is that what it's called) sales ahead of time?

Hah just realized this should be the Rockville MC's first BF - no pressure haha. Then again, those who have older MCs - how have their BF deals been in the past? In comparison to say BB/CC or your typical B&M?

The idea is to have items in place to placate the retarded people who come in the afternoon and are pissed that there are no doorbusters left in stock.

I got hit working at Best Buy by some lady pissed we did not have a 5$ flashdrive. She came in at 5pm. :rolleyes:
The charges filed by our store against her for assault was amusing though...

LOL, that is funny. :D I assume she didn't hurt you too badly. :eek:

Naw, it was a slap in the back with another flashdrive in her hand.
My ex-marine manager was non-too happy however. Stalked her all over the store and parking lot untill the police arrived.

Whats the best time to camp out there this year, since the economy is hurting, would there be more, or less people there this year? Its supposed to be the greatest sale day ever, so i would assume more, people are trying to save money anytime they can

Circuit City and Best Buy would prob be at the top of my list, any other stores selling cheap laptops? And when does best buy usually post their best deals that are online only?

Actually based on the theory of macroeconomics, if price level goes down, aggregate demand goes up. So there will be more people this year. I don't know if any COMPusa stores are still open but last year they had cheap laptops.

WHen I worked at bestBuy people started camping 3pm on Thanksgiving.

yea see i might go 8-9ish thanksgiving day and have my dinner dropped off, because every year it seems people start coming earlier and earlier! 2 years ago if you got at best buy around 9ish you were 20th in line, now u get there at 9? 150th, this year? who knows!

My ex-marine manager was non-too happy however. Stalked her all over the store and parking lot untill the police arrived.

So it turned out to be a pretty expensive Black Fri. for that lady. :D

There's no excuse for customers to act like that. If BF is going to piss you off, don't go. You take a risk by lining up that you wasted your time for an item that will be sold out. Lolz. Glad she at least got talked to by police. Treat people with respect. It sux even more for retail workers that day.

yea see i might go 8-9ish thanksgiving day and have my dinner dropped off, because every year it seems people start coming earlier and earlier! 2 years ago if you got at best buy around 9ish you were 20th in line, now u get there at 9? 150th, this year? who knows!

But, even if your the first in line, don't they let like 20 people in at once? What if those 19 people before all run pass you and get the things you wanted, lol

But, even if your the first in line, don't they let like 20 people in at once? What if those 19 people before all run pass you and get the things you wanted, lol

Not really. BB staff will come out about an hour before opening and hand out vouchers for the door-busters. They start at the front of the line an work back. If you don't get a voucher, you don't get the item... PERIOD.

This eliminates a lot of the pushing and trampling, as you can redeem that coupon at any time up until noon. (I think noon was the cutoff... it may have been later). Two years ago, I actually went home with a voucher for a 58" LCD, just to think about it. (I wasn't there for the TV, but took the voucher since it was available and was a pretty decent price). The voucher system basically reserves the item for you until that deadline.

Ultimate Electronics was having a 4-hour "Preview Black Friday Sale" last night. I got in line at 5:30pm (started at 6:00pm) and was about 30th back in line. They used the voucher system as well and I had a reserved item until the store closed. This allowed me to browse, go eat dinner and come back after the hoopla died down a little. I bought a 60" Mitsu DLP 1080p for $998! I also found on the floor, a piece of paper with their doorbuster deals that are going to be available on BF. This paper is for employees only as it gives the commission amount for the item listed and the gross margin percentage of each item. I posted the list over at slick deals and am awaiting mod approval for my post (I just recently signed on with them).

Notable items were the Sony BDP350 for $178 (hot) , Samsung PNA50A45 50" 720p plasma for $898, Mitsubishi WD-65736 1080p 65"$1499 (Medallion Series and better than the $1199 deal at CC on BF), and the Mitsubishi WD-60735 1080p 60" for $998. There were several other tv's listed on the paper but I don't know enough about them to post their specs. Check slick deals later and it may be up under the BF threads.

Not really. BB staff will come out about an hour before opening and hand out vouchers for the door-busters. They start at the front of the line an work back. If you don't get a voucher, you don't get the item... PERIOD.

Not necessarily true. It's often worth stopping by the stores at about noon (the deadline for the vouchers), because some people never show up for it.

This is not always true. For e.g., last year, arguably the best deal last year on BF was CC's 46" Sharp LCD TV that I think was selling for $1,300. (Obviously, that seems expensive now - 12 mos. later.) But that deal did not have a voucher. My friend got that TV last BF and he told me when the door opened, it was a mad dash to the opposite end of the store to pick up a flyer that allowed him to pay for the TV and then pick it up. He said most of the vouchers that were offered an hour before store opening were for laptops, computers, digicams, and a couple other TVs.

So, itachi, to answer your question, while the voucher isn't guaranteed, if you can run well, you'll increase your odds. Start training ASAP. ;)

Back