black friday is coming!

Online BF deals are the way to go. Last year Target had a 37" LCD TV for $549.99 . Instead of waiting inline in the cold, I found it on their website for the same price, then used a coupon I found online for 10% off.

Item Subtotal: $549.00
Shipping: $36.92
Sales Tax*: $24.71
Free Shipping: -$36.92
Target.com Savings: -$54.90
ORDER TOTAL: $518.81

About $60 less that I would have paid if I stood out in the cold to pick one up instore. I hope to catch some deals online this year too.

oh man, ace hardware is having some sweet deals this black friday

what time are you guys going to get in line at ace?
i've got my eye on that five piece card and table set

I've only made two BF purchases.

One was a GC controller for $14.99 new.
Second was Orange Box for $25.

This is probably the year I jump for an HDTV - seeing if I can get an uber cheap 720p for sports :D

I'll be looking for a 37" 1080p monitor for gaming. Besides that, it would have to be a really hot deal to make me bite.

I'm too lazy.. I always go in about 9am to noon, and see whats left to pillage through stores.

Screw waiting in line, and getting up early.

I normally stock up on DVD-R's, flashdrives, SD cards.. just little trinkets and things.

normally I can find a good harddrive for sale. This year i'll be looking for 1TB drives on teh cheap.

I never cared about Black Friday. That's a day where I refuse to leave my house for virtually any reason. I order anything I need or take care of everything before hand so that I don't have any reason to be outside. Sure there are some great deals but most of the time anything really worth having is always gone by the time I get there. So its' not even worth going outside on that day for me.

I never cared about Black Friday. That's a day where I refuse to leave my house for virtually any reason. I order anything I need or take care of everything before hand so that I don't have any reason to be outside. Sure there are some great deals but most of the time anything really worth having is always gone by the time I get there. So its' not even worth going outside on that day for me.

It's still fun to go to Fry's no matter the occasion. Last year we sang karaoke to the people in line to check out.

I wonder how good the Black Friday stock will br for online retailers like Newegg...?

Every day is Black Friday for me. I just have to pay the extra $100 "Don't have to wait in line for 12 hours" fee. Fair enough, I guess.

I have already gotten my TV and all the electronics I need for the most part. The other stuff, I can walk into a BB and pick up when the crowd has died down. Like DVD-R's and games...

I used to love Compusa midnight madness sales...

not for the prices.. but all the peeps in there buying stupid techno junk they don't need

Dude, I met my WIFE because of a CompUSA midnight madness sale... August 24, 1995 (Windows 95 was released that day). It changed when I went online to play Dr. Dread on a local BBS; I was an hour later (1:00 AM vice 12:00) and she played at 1-2 every morning.

Dude, I met my WIFE because of a CompUSA midnight madness sale... August 24, 1995 (Windows 95 was released that day). It changed when I went online to play Dr. Dread on a local BBS; I was an hour later (1:00 AM vice 12:00) and she played at 1-2 every morning.

Wow....awesome!

anyhooo, black friday...fry's - long ass lines, cold climate....ugh. Well its only once a year....after a grando feast....ugh.

ooh i love black friday, usually get a laptop everytime i go, the uber cheap 250-300$ ones. I love waiting in lines, usually the people are really cool, but its fun to see people trying to cut at like 5am an hour before the store opens.

ooh i love black friday, usually get a laptop everytime i go, the uber cheap 250-300$ ones. I love waiting in lines, usually the people are really cool, but its fun to see people trying to cut at like 5am an hour before the store opens.

And you need a new crap laptop every year because...?

And you need a new crap laptop every year because...?

because he got a new crap laptop a year ago thats now too slow :p

but nah idk, my dad is 60+ and gets a new one every 2 years. its not absurd for an enthusiast to get one each year i guess.

I am so stoked for Black Friday!

Hoping to purchase three to five 1TB drives to upgrade my home server for cheap.

Last year I waited 5 hours in 28 degree (Fahrenheit) weather at Circuit City (or Best Buy.. can't remember) and spent $150 on great deals on DVD's.
100 DVD-R packs were $3 each so I bought several of those.
Klipsch home theater subwoofer for $30.
Acer 22" widescreen lcd for $49
somethin else... can't remember.

Anyone know the prices for the 400/500gb sata hard drives from last year?
I really need another 400/500 or even a 750 or 1TB D:
These 160s are getting old and taking up so much spacee

Woohoo, BF is only about a month away! :cool:

While I monitor BF deals, I don't go every year. Last year, I went to Ace before the store opened and scored a bunch of cheap and free items. (Lines were not bad at all.) The year before, I went to BB around lunch time. It was a ghost town by then. But all I was interested in was the washer/dryer set that was on sale for $500. BB had plenty of those in their inventory. :cool: I also picked up some cheap DVD movies. Years prior, I got small stuff like MP3 players, UPSs, etc.

This year, I'm in the market for an HP Slimline HTPC (or equivalent) and a pair of 1 TB HDDs. :cool: Hopefully I won't have to get to a store early for those items and can buy on-line instead. :)

Good luck to all of you who go out on BF!

lies you mean black Xmas with the economy the way it is every day will be black friday soo lets sticky this baby and get the info rolling baby

When do you guys start camping out? Me and two other friends are gonna camp out from 10pm thanksgiving after dinner.

My only fear is that I'm small and I don't wanna get trampled and killed.

When do you guys start camping out? Me and two other friends are gonna camp out from 10pm thanksgiving after dinner.

remember david and goliath?

I've never lined up earlier than 1 hour before the store opens. Granted, that puts me 2 Zip codes away from the store, but I usually still get what I want.

Start working out. Immediately.

I'm gonna go on Monday. Yea, I know its still a month away but I want a good spot

Since I don't know of any deals yet, I'll just go camp at Fry's

i could use another 500gig+ hard drive, and a couple of optical drives. both my dvd rom and cdrw are starting to act up/ but what can i expect? the dvd is 5-6 years old, and the cdrw is probably about 8.

When do you guys start camping out?

Thats the one thing I worry about too. Not really me getting trampled, but me reacting violently to people showing their ass/acting rude.

What is the best price you've seen for dual-layer recordable DVDs? What price do you think can be reasonably expected for such media on Black Fri.? TIA.

I would love to do a black friday campout this year as I'm staying at school for Thanksgiving.... but I live in DC and the thought of sitting on the street overnight seems like a bad idea. Then again I guess that there's safety in numbers and I certainly wouldn't be alone in front of bestbuy.

Maybe I'll be able to pick up a decent monitor deal online.

One thing I learned at Fry's Black Friday is that 80-year old ladies will wrestle for "rebound" positioning and box you out. They can get very physical so watch out!

On the other hand, Best Buy does a ticketing system for FIFO queue instead of Fry's Free-For-All.

LOL, BB has just as much "violence" as other high-profile stores... right up to the time when BB employees arrive to hand out the tickets... :p

BTW, there's nothing like the feeling of standing in line for 8 hours, then watching the group of kids that cut line an hour before opening, leaving the store with 4 wide-screen monitors each... and knowing those are going straight to Ebay...

Back