*** [H]ard "rate my cables" Collection *** 56k friendly ***

cornelious0_0

[H]F Junkie
This particular listing is going to happen a little differently then the others.

This isn't going to be so much of a formal "my case is rated higher then yours" thread....but moreso just a thread that we can use to collect pics of exceptional looking wiring jobs, and have a collection of links to pics in this first post....giving people easy access to all of [H]ard's finest. :)

All you must supply me is a LINK to a pic of your case. The reason I say this, is that it gives our 56k browsers a chance to browse through the collection without being too bogged down. If you want to submit more then one picture, up to three will be accepted and posted in the first post...so if you want to post up LINKS to more then three pics, make sure you number them or let me know in that same post which pics you want posted on the front page.

Here's what's quite possibly the best free upload service I've found for you all to use, I've come to love 1stclasspcs, and have been using it for a good while now.

I'm going to start going through the existing "rate my cables" thread looking for exceptionally nice wiring jobs to include, but I'm still highly in favor of people posting up their own LINKS for their own pics, to save me some time in the long run.

I'm hoping that most people would use enough common sense not to post up pics of their case that obviously needs work, that is what the other "rate my cables" thread is for.....this is intended to be more of a compilation of cases that are seen to be a cut above the rest.

I hope this thread sees a decent amount of attention, because I know that there've been times when I've wanted to go back through some nice (wiring) jobs I've seen in the past, but had not been able to find them.

EDIT: Just to make sure everyone's on the same page here, cases do not have to be "clean" to the point of no wires being visible at all, another way to look at this is time spent making use of what you've got. I fully understand that some people just aren't going to be able to keep all their wires out of site, but people like Earm have shown us that you can have a case of beauty and still have your wires in clean view.

Here we go.....in alphabetical order by username.....

- cornelious0_0 -

- Earm -

- extreme4377 -

- GlobalFear -

- Jiggaman2576 -

- Liquid_Cooled -

- Mr. Miyagi -

- ryuji -

- shiffero -

- thisisglen -

That sounds like alot of work on your part. I'm on 56k and i didn't have a problem with the way the last thread was done except i just wish people wouldn't quote other users and include the pictures in the quote.

burningrave101 said:
That sounds like alot of work on your part. I'm on 56k and i didn't have a problem with the way the last thread was done except i just wish people wouldn't quote other users and include the pictures in the quote.

No biggy, I've already gone through the "rate my cables" thread and picked out some of the nicer shots.....from here on in this'll be no more work then any of my other threads I'm running ATM....hope to see a decent showing here.

GJSNeptune said:
Your guys' skill makes me want to hang myself with my PSU wires.

Haha, fair enough.....as long as the thread is serving SOME kind of purpose I'm happy. ;) :p

Be sure you sleeve and zip-tie them along the back of your neck though so that they remain hidden as much as possible. :D

Localan said:
Be sure you sleeve and zip-tie them along the back of your neck though so that they remain hidden as much as possible. :D

Haha, good stuff...I needed a quick laugh.

Can we try and keep chatter limited to talk about specific cases/wiring jobs please?

Why are there three identical pictures for both liquid_cooled and thisisglen?

I'm gonna take a ride to a computer show over the weekend for some new parts, depending on how the wiring turns out I may send you a link.

hahah, this should be a pretty sweet list eventually

not to get off topic, but where's the black powder coated insides i was promised? ;)

n64man120 said:
hahah, this should be a pretty sweet list eventually

not to get off topic, but where's the black powder coated insides i was promised? ;)

Don't worry bro, I'm taking the case in tomorrow afternoon to get it powder coated. My next day off after that is Tuesday, so I'll be most likely picking it up then, at which time I hope to be able to get some pics.

Im loving Liquid_Cooled, that blue water, with the bright case makes it look uber-clean...

as soon as i get a chance to take pics and upload them (with my craptastic cell phone camera) ill post em
compslckrs wiring is great...and his motherboard kicks ASS!

Link to my case:

Images

Webpage

The second link has smaller images and may load faster, just ignore the Home Theater PC at the top, scroll down ;)

Thanks.
Glen

Are Thumbnails ok?

If not I'll edit it later.

Aside from teh bottem right (I know they ar bad, as sson as I pull teh front bezel again I'll fix it)

:) it works. I know some people in the forum tell you not to do it but i sought advice from an electrical engineer friend who checked it out (in the case of my particular hardware) he said it was fine and my new system hasn't crashed yet!

thisisglen said:
:) it works. I know some people in the forum tell you not to do it but i sought advice from an electrical engineer friend who checked it out (in the case of my particular hardware) he said it was fine and my new system hasn't crashed yet!

I'm not surprised with your particular setup....as I have heard of it working....but with anything bigger then a 6600 I can't say it'd be the best idea...as I HAVE seen it not work at all.

all major OEMs (Gateway, HP, Sony, and so-on) use 20 pin connectors in a 24 pin slot, so it must work OK... albeit, not like these are enthusiast machines, but still.

neach said:
all major OEMs (Gateway, HP, Sony, and so-on) use 20 pin connectors in a 24 pin slot, so it must work OK... albeit, not like these are enthusiast machines, but still.

exactly......but still. ;)

is this gonna get stickied?

Kinda slow so far, but I had PM'd Flecom about it...we'll see.

picture0526jx.jpg

picture0552un.jpg

n64man120 said:
Nice case but... doesnt really show wiring which is the idea :rolleyes:

Yes, please try and stay on topic here.....I'm still looking for some more killer jobs to put up in the first post. ;) :cool:

n64man120 said:
There's gotta be more 1337 wiring jobs out there...

I was just thinking the same thing.....I'm not sure how great of an idea this thread was.

Just trying to lend you guys my services, up to you to use 'em or not. ;)

Looks like they're missing some SCSI cables. Lots of exposed tubing too. What's up with that?
j/k. Damn that's clean.

you guys are forgetting that this was supposed to be 56k friendly.. yet people post tags :rolleyes:
even the previews are gonna be pretty bad for 56k... a lot of 5k images is pretty bad sonsitering the modem caps out at like 2kb/sec...
makes me glad i have a cable modem :p

Back