*** [H]ard "rate my cables" Collection *** 56k friendly ***

cornelious0_0 said:
man, i expected to see a backlog of pics to trudge through now that I'm back...but oh well.

I'm gonna be starting planning/work on a new case fairly soon. I've got my DFI Ultra-D and 3000+ Venice on the way for next week that I'm gonna be watercooling.....and I'm picking up a new PC60 to mod up and repaint to accomadate what I'm doing with the h2O this time around. :)

where are you gettin the venice from ? anitec ? They're sellin it for $193 CA. are you buying yours for less ?

mohammedtaha said:
where are you gettin the venice from ? anitec ? They're sellin it for $193 CA. are you buying yours for less ?

NCIX baby....price match. I hate Anitec with a passion, ordered from them once and got jerked around by their non-existent tech support more then I thought possible in a 72 hour period...now I just use them for their prices, NCIX knows how to treat their customers.

rainman said:
I've been working on this in my spare time. The worklog is over in the worklogs section. But enough with the typing...and on with the pictures!

Inside

Lights Off

Lights On

56k frontpage worthy?

Looks good, but if I could get an interior shot from straight on that'd be cooler. Beyond that, it doesnt look like you've got any extra length to work with for the ATX cable, so I'll forgive that, but the molex going to the cdrom looks out of place branching up from the drive below.....get me a better straight-on shot of the interior and I'll decide. ;)

cornelious0_0 said:
Looks good, but if I could get an interior shot from straight on that'd be cooler. Beyond that, it doesnt look like you've got any extra length to work with for the ATX cable, so I'll forgive that, but the molex going to the cdrom looks out of place branching up from the drive below.....get me a better straight-on shot of the interior and I'll decide. ;)

How's this? And while I'm at it, let me see if I can do something about that Molex setup to the CD drives. So, I'll tweak and then post new pictures...

is mine leet enough to be 56k?

Sry bro, those rounded cables and USB headers are mucking it up a bit too much.

is 1stclasspcs down?

I had realised this awhile ago, It'll take some time, but I'm gonna have to re-upload all the pics at imageshack, can't do it RIGHT now though.

And while I'm at it, let me see if I can do something about that Molex setup to the CD drives. So, I'll tweak and then post new pictures...

Cool, I'll wait until you do, everything else looks great, it's a shame you can't do anything with that ATX cable, but I'll wait until you do whatyou can with the molex to the optic drive up top.

this thread officialy dead? most of the links are, if you want new pictures of my stuff ill post them again or you can grab them from the rate my cables thread; maybe it would be a good idea to have you do pics of my case with the 6800gt..

Crap....forgot...finally got back on the forums awhile ago and just realised I hadn't updated this thing yet.

I still have the pics saved on my comp that I have in the first post...I'll upload them /w ImageShack and update the first post tonight...and I guess I've got new pics of my own case too...so it's about time to get it done regardless.

def needs to have updates pm me or post in here when you do it and ill take my comp outside and take new pics, maybe it will be after i get my new tygon and fans :D :p

Ill post some new pictures later today. Ive got new hardware and new routing done so look for more pics of mine later today

roninblade said:
wow that is one of the best i have seen, gj bringing back this thread

Thanks so much. Ive spent a good deal of time on it. Im very happy with the turnout :)

One of my favorite pics:
clean1.jpg

From when I first got my Lian-Li.

Added watercooling:
case.jpg

Initial testfit of watercooling, wiring has changed since this as well. Hopefully I will have some new pics once I get around to finishing the case.

~Kris

StratocasterMaster said:
Initial testfit of watercooling, wiring has changed since this as well. Hopefully I will have some new pics once I get around to finishing the case.

~Kris

A quick question...do you have room to turn the pump around? It seems stupid to have all that slack tubing heading from the rad into the pump. Turn the pump around so it's intake is facing the rad, and you'll have far less tubing in your loop, a good foot less or more by the looks of it, which could indirectly help out your temps too.

cornelious0_0 said:
A quick question...do you have room to turn the pump around? It seems stupid to have all that slack tubing heading from the rad into the pump. Turn the pump around so it's intake is facing the rad, and you'll have far less tubing in your loop, a good foot less or more by the looks of it, which could indirectly help out your temps too.

As it stands now the W/C is no longer in and I'm back to my Thermaltake HSF (which isnt too bad honestly).

I am redesigning the watercooling setup based on faults of the previous configuration.... The arrangement of the pump will not change however the radiator bracketing and fan mounting will change a fair bit. I couldnt turn the pump around due to the proximity of the sound card and the lack of flexibility in the tubing. The final version will be much more effeciant though, I promise that.

~Kris

StratocasterMaster said:
As it stands now the W/C is no longer in and I'm back to my Thermaltake HSF (which isnt too bad honestly).

I am redesigning the watercooling setup based on faults of the previous configuration.... The arrangement of the pump will not change however the radiator bracketing and fan mounting will change a fair bit. I couldnt turn the pump around due to the proximity of the sound card and the lack of flexibility in the tubing. The final version will be much more effeciant though, I promise that.

~Kris

Good to hear, I was thinking that MAYbe the soundcard would have posed a problem, but there are other pumps out there that would suffice in place of that Eheim you had in your pic, and making a move to 3/8" tubing wouldn't be a bad idea...it'd give you a lot more flexibility when you're routing the tubing and placing components anyways.

cornelious0_0 said:
Good to hear, I was thinking that MAYbe the soundcard would have posed a problem, but there are other pumps out there that would suffice in place of that Eheim you had in your pic, and making a move to 3/8" tubing wouldn't be a bad idea...it'd give you a lot more flexibility when you're routing the tubing and placing components anyways.

Yea, I wanted 1/2" so I could have more volume but less speed in the flow, hopefully to improve absorption. The Eheim was a personal preferance as well since they have a long line of qaulity and reliability. I've seen some smaller pumps recently that perform quite well too but I'm happy with the parts, just gotta rearrange things.

Goals:
Add resevoir, current setup makes maintenance a PITA
Remount fan+radiator with lower profile setup
Fab new bracket for pump for easy removal and solid/quiet attachment
Refine tube routing so it is both effeciant and clean looking

~Kris

wow dude...

that is some incredibly nice wiring job and lighting as well...

:clap clap clap:

Bravo!

DisrupTer911 said:
wow dude...

that is some incredibly nice wiring job and lighting as well...

:clap clap clap:

Bravo!
Thanks man, can you imagine how it felt for me to pull EVERY SINGLE COMPONENT APART! *tear*

I pulled everything apart to test each thing before coming to the conclusion that it was the mobo.

I guess its motivation to do it even better next time around. Not trying to get too crazy, only a few things I wanna add. another 7800 and a 250 or more GB 16mb cache SATA drive. That's it and im good to go.

Link (not 56k friendly, I need to figure out how to resize images in kde!):
http://funkyblue.ucf.ics.uci.edu/stacker830/pict2197.jpg

Suggestions welcome, this is my first time really trying to route cables and be intelligent about it. I think the next step is to get more of those clips I can put on the motherboard tray that'll hold cables (like on the bottom), to try to clean up some of those side wires. Either way this is a huge improvement over my old system also not 56k friendly, so I'm happy either way.

hokatichenci, quite a few hard drives you've got there bro. :p

g33zy, nice job, but I'd appreciate a lights on shot with minimal case lighting, as it's still hard to make out some areas of the interior...but it could just be this aging CRT I'm using...crap for brightness.

I'm kind of at a loss for what to do...I can't get at all the old pics that I had posted up since 1stclasspc's went down...and I do wanna try and keep this thread going.

Wait, I think I have copies of all the pics saved from before and then I named/uploaded them myself...if I've got time tonight I'll redo the list on the front page and try to get it up to date. :cool:

After completely rewiring everything:

10004319zl.jpg

10004325ov.jpg

And if you were wondering where all the cables went...

10004335xz.jpg

10004341wd.jpg

Alright guys, I really really do wanna take the time to re-upload all the pics I need so I can have a working list of pics on the first page...but time's been short.

Sorry for the delay. :(

i should have my 955xe and x1800 soon so ill be posting some new pics...eventualy... and you might even see me on the superpi thread ;)

has bitchbreaker told you about our little project...

cornelious0_0 said:
Alright guys, I really really do wanna take the time to re-upload all the pics I need so I can have a working list of pics on the first page...but time's been short.

Sorry for the delay. :(
I'll give you a hand and see if I can get updated pics from the original front page lsit. ;)

ryuji said:
i should have my 955xe and x1800 soon so ill be posting some new pics...eventualy... and you might even see me on the superpi thread ;)

has bitchbreaker told you about our little project...

No, he hasn't...what's up?

To all of you, very sorry I've taken so long here, haven't had the time I've wanted, and I've been working at trying to find time to start benching again, even though it is with this sad rig in my sig. :p

Alright guys, I went ahead and updated the Top10...currently I've only got 9 ppl listed, as that's all the pics I had to work with since 1stclasspc's went down, and after grabbing a few new ones out of the more recent posts.

Lets get on it, I'm finally back, and I wanna see you guys in tip-top shape. :cool:

Back