*** [H]ard "rate my cables" Collection *** 56k friendly ***

ryuji said:
you guys are forgetting that this was supposed to be 56k friendly.. yet people post tags :rolleyes:
even the previews are gonna be pretty bad for 56k... a lot of 5k images is pretty bad sonsitering the modem caps out at like 2kb/sec...
makes me glad i have a cable modem :p[/QUOTE]

The rest of it isn't so bad, only CircuitBreaker has posted up actual pics.....which I'd like to see as links or thumbnails...but for now it's fine.

Very nice water cooling cases, I like how you can only see the tubingand there is no wiring anywhere at all, NICE JOB :D

R!P13y said:
Very nice water cooling cases, I like how you can only see the tubingand there is no wiring anywhere at all, NICE JOB :D

Thx bro, I'm somewhat ashamed to say that when I rebuild in the newly powder coated LianLi it will not be with water.....gonna merely setup a nice air cooled rig cus I'm gonna start saving for a VapoLS to finish off the case mods I'm working on and have planned....seriously...if you think that the powder coated case is gonna be nice, wait until you see/hear what I've got planned. :D

KrakenGuy's Super Lanboy

Woo, notice how I don't have the optional fan anymore? I broke it when I went to adjust something while my computer was on, hurt like a bitch too. The picture is 640x480 for those 56k users afraid to click it.

Mohammed, I suggest getting a picture of your wires, lol. The case looks nice though, cudo's to that.

Any of these good enough cornelious?

http://1stclasspcs.com/uploaded/ikellensbro1.JPG
http://1stclasspcs.com/uploaded/ikellensbro2.JPG
http://1stclasspcs.com/uploaded/ikellensbro3.JPG
http://1stclasspcs.com/uploaded/ikellensbro4.JPG
http://1stclasspcs.com/uploaded/ikellensbro5.JPG
http://1stclasspcs.com/uploaded/ikellensbro6.JPG

If you need, I can take some better pictures (Im horrible @ photography :rolleyes: )
I havent cut any holes or done any modding, I have about 1/2 inch in the back to work with, and I dont have a removable mobo tray :mad:

Y2K SE said:

Nice, there's a couple nice shots...but damn man, what's with the flexed metal there? :p

Mohammed, I suggest getting a picture of your wires, lol. The case looks nice though, cudo's to that.

What are you talking about, there's a couple that would be usable....just still has some clean up and organising to do before it'd get thrown to the first post. :)

No no, he edited his post Corn. Thats why you see pictures of wires now, lol. When I first saw his post, there was 2 pictures and 2 updated pictures. Now he's got pictures of his wiring job.

cornelious0_0 said:
How on earth can you not see that???
Because that's just the way the case is made. Here I am looking for something really messed up. :) I assume its to allow the power supply fan to suck air from the lower half of the case.

Y2K SE said:
Because that's just the way the case is made. Here I am looking for something really messed up. :) I assume its to allow the power supply fan to suck air from the lower half of the case.

It's actually made like that......good lord. :rolleyes: :p

Out of the ones you listed in the first post, I think thisisglen wins. However, if you consider the amount of hardware others have, maybe not.

There are a lot of other people with clean cases though, with more than one HD&ROM, and with video cards (such as earm) that take one or two molexs which make it much harder to hide wires.

cornelious0_0 said:
Well I know that style chasis.....and either he did something or it IS my eye's but i dunno. :p

yup, its your eyes :p

a top-down view might help you:

moboseperator1iz.jpg

fallguy said:
Out of the ones you listed in the first post, I think thisisglen wins. However, if you consider the amount of hardware others have, maybe not.

i agree.

if you consider the amount of hardware each person had to deal with, Earm takes the cake by far.

but if you are just judging on hiding wires and being super-clean, thisisglen is the winnAr.

chris.c said:
i agree.

if you consider the amount of hardware each person had to deal with, Earm takes the cake by far.

but if you are just judging on hiding wires and being super-clean, thisisglen is the winnAr.

This thread wasn't started up to see who can hide the most wires....I'm looking equally at the hidden wires as I am how much time was put into each job....which is why it's tough to call an actual winner here.

I agree that ATM thisisglen's case is probly the cleanest/barest posted....but let me get my LiLi mods done and I think some of you will be singing a different tune. ;)

cornelious0_0 said:
This thread wasn't started up to see who can hide the most wires....I'm looking equally at the hidden wires as I am how much time was put into each job....which is why it's tough to call an actual winner here.

I agree that ATM thisisglen's case is probly the cleanest/barest posted....but let me get my LiLi mods done and I think some of you will be singing a different tune. ;)
how do you judge time by pictures?

n64man120 said:
Good question, mine took 12 hours if that counts for anything :D

I suppose that's not the best way of explaining it....but what I was trying to say is that I'm trying to look equally at cases that are barren and "clean" as I am at cases that are FULLY loaded and still ridiculously classy and well done.

comparing to the rest.. im just curious what made mine special among with the others you posted, when i posted pics i expected people to tell me what else i could do.. not you come along saying you were gonna post mine here, i posted pics to get more ideas for fixing it.. you gave some thankfully... still looking for more ways.. glens cdrom setup gave me a idea to power my two hdds and dvd burner tho so you might be updating soon :D :p

ryuji said:
comparing to the rest.. im just curious what made mine special among with the others you posted, when i posted pics i expected people to tell me what else i could do.. not you come along saying you were gonna post mine here, i posted pics to get more ideas for fixing it.. you gave some thankfully... still looking for more ways.. glens cdrom setup gave me a idea to power my two hdds and dvd burner tho so you might be updating soon :D :p

Good stuff, I've still got some updating to do from a day or two ago i think...so the more the merrier. :)

The reason you're posted up is because one of the only things "messy" in that case is the ATX cable...which you honestly can NOT do anything with in its current state/length...so i didnt hold it against ya. The fact of the matter is that the rest of the wiring already looks quite nice, and it'd be that much better if you got a different PSU with a slightly longer ATX cable.

correction, its Earm's.. didnt think to use 90 degree molex's... that will get rid of that unsightly bulge in the cdrom/hdd area.. now i just need to get some 90 degree molex's :rolleyes: :p

ryuji said:
correction, its Earm's.. didnt think to use 90 degree molex's... that will get rid of that unsightly bulge in the cdrom/hdd area.. now i just need to get some 90 degree molex's :rolleyes: :p

haha, now I feel all guilty for only having 1 optic drive and one hard drive.... ;)

cornelious0_0 said:
haha, now I feel all guilty for only having 1 optic drive and one hard drive.... ;)
youd love how i have my hard drives mounted... lets say the second one is bungee'd using rubber bands... the irony is that it actually makes em quieter.. imagine that :p the one you can spot is the bungee'd one.. the sata drive is in the black enclosure-like thing.. the onyl wire you can see coming out of it is the sata cable :D

ryuji said:
youd love how i have my hard drives mounted... lets say the second one is bungee'd using rubber bands... the irony is that it actually makes em quieter.. imagine that :p

Hey, ghetto works....nothing new there. ;)

hmm i think im going to try to 180 that ide hdd.. would help a lot.. hard part is getting power to it... lol

ryuji said:
hmm i think im going to try to 180 that ide hdd.. would help a lot.. hard part is getting power to it... lol

It would help, but why are you worried? you've got those circular holes on the other side of the 5.25" cage dont you? couldnt you just route a molex through there and get a long enough ribbon cable to run up the side behind the cages, and through one of those holes to the drive?

cornelious0_0 said:
It would help, but why are you worried? you've got those circular holes on the other side of the 5.25" cage dont you? couldnt you just route a molex through there and get a long enough ribbon cable to run up the side behind the cages, and through one of those holes to the drive?
my power supply only has two sets of molex's.. what you dont see is a whole line being used for powering inverter,fans, and sata hdd.. and the other oens for the cdrom and ide hdd
i have the single molex running straight to the graphics card and thats about it for molex lines
my enermax is running at like 120% load and still has solid rails i love it :D

also.. the hole is too small to snake a molex through :( but i guess thats what the ghetto push pin molex pin extractor is for

ill take a pic of the ghetto hdd mounting if you wana see it while its out of the case :p

ryuji said:
ill take a pic of the ghetto hdd mounting if you wana see it while its out of the case :p

Sure, cool.....even though my machine has to be the apitamy of sexy.....I loves the ghetto. :)

Back