AMD Catalyst 11.1a Hot-Fix Driver Information

11.1a didn't work out for me, so I went back to 10.10e for my rig.

Using 11.1a for my XFire 5850s.

My main display is on DisplayPort and my Wacom Cintiq is on DVI.

With the 11.1a... I get a black screen. When I remove the Wacom off the DVI port and reboot, I can get to my desktop interface. While it is running, I reattached the Wacom and both screens immediately black-screens.

System restored to 10.12, both monitors work fine. I can't do without my Wacom as my secondary monitor... can someone help? Or wait for WHQL? :confused:

Cheers!

^@Samuelmorris :D

Additionally (with 11.1a), I'm getting very strange horizontal lines across my lower part of my main monitor screen. Launching Metro2033, I will experience graphical artefacts as well.

When I got back to 10.12, I get worse fps than 10.10e... but I get that shiny new CCC2 UI. :rolleyes:

So now, I'm back to 10.10e. :confused::confused:

Hmm, that is a bit odd. To be fair, I also rate 10.10e, it worked well for my 4870X2s. 10.12 was absolutely hideous. 10.12a on the other hand is good here, but I think that only holds true for 5/6 series.

Does anyone know if this might fix the Bad Company 2 bloom flicker thing? Or any solution to this that isn't SET BLOOM = 0 ?

And like always, the Nvidia fanboys have to post their worthless comments in an ATI/AMD forum.

They are living in a fantasy world if they think Nvidia drivers are any better than AMD drivers.

Funny how so many have so many supposed problems, yet I have none.

Try running Super Meat Boy with 6970... the power play will cause flickering..

same goes to WC3....

It's a known issue so far....

theres a nice tool called afterburner, for those pesky games that ride that fine line where the driver wants to bounce your shit back and forth over 2d/3d, use the force voltage setting.

Try running Super Meat Boy with 6970... the power play will cause flickering..

same goes to WC3....

It's a known issue so far....

Dude I already replied, I don't have issues with either of those games on a 6950 flashed to a 6970. Windowed and full-screen mode.

Shitty drivers , causing crashes left and right. Dirt 2 won't even launch , god I'm sick of AMD's driver team dropping the ball constantly. And I know these are not WHQL's.

And to those wise cracking about how people are whining about older OpenGL games having issues , its not a difficult fix and AMD is aware of the problem ..has been for a while.

I really love AMD hardware , they nearly always have the best bang for the buck hardware and make real strives in innovation but the driver team needs a serious evaluation and AMD needs to do whatever it takes to bring them up to par because right now they are really not performing at the level they use to or should be at right now.

I have a 6950 flashed to a 6970 stock and 2 GTX 480's so before you go crying that I'm a Nvidia fanboy realize that I speak from my own experience. The 6950 as a video card impresses me more than my GTX 480s but my overall experience with Nvidia drivers has always been pretty flawless. I don't get weird clock down problems in games with Nvidia drivers that I do with AMD. Sometimes I have to restart my PC just to get my 6950 to show the proper clock speeds in game and this is with MSI Afterburner running with 2D/3D profiles and forced voltages.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if this might fix the Bad Company 2 bloom flicker thing? Or any solution to this that isn't SET BLOOM = 0 ?

I get flicker with bloom off, running 6950 unlocked at stock 6970 speeds on Catalyst Ver 10.12. I seem to be OK for a few hours, or a restart...then the flickering kicks in. I get flicker in Chrome as well, it used to be youtube videos only, now it's doing it randomly on pages.

Any reason to get this driver if I am rocking a 4870x2? Just reformated and noticed the Jan26 drivers...

Shitty drivers , causing crashes left and right. Dirt 2 won't even launch , god I'm sick of AMD's driver team dropping the ball constantly. And I know these are not WHQL's.

And to those wise cracking about how people are whining about older OpenGL games having issues , its not a difficult fix and AMD is aware of the problem ..has been for a while.

I really love AMD hardware , they nearly always have the best bang for the buck hardware and make real strives in innovation but the driver team needs a serious evaluation and AMD needs to do whatever it takes to bring them up to par because right now they are really not performing at the level they use to or should be at right now.

I have a 6950 flashed to a 6970 stock and 2 GTX 480's so before you go crying that I'm a Nvidia fanboy realize that I speak from my own experience. The 6950 as a video card impresses me more than my GTX 480s but my overall experience with Nvidia drivers has always been pretty flawless. I don't get weird clock down problems in games with Nvidia drivers that I do with AMD. Sometimes I have to restart my PC just to get my 6950 to show the proper clock speeds in game and this is with MSI Afterburner running with 2D/3D profiles and forced voltages.

I actually wonder how many people AMD actually has hired to work on the software side of things. Seems to me that they simply don't care. All the problems are well addressed by various public sources but month after month they have yet to fix most of their problems. I mean, how is it possible that I'm getting great performance with the 11.1a yet out of nowhere I will GSOD? You just can't win AMD. I've tried hard to love them but I never recalled having so much headache with Nvidia drivers.

I mean, how in hell is your average user supposed to know which drivers to even download anymore? Like me, I'm using Vista 64 because I don't have any reasons to upgrade to W7. Yet many of the beta drivers recently are all W7 only.. Why is that? And why do they need to have a dozen alphabet sets of drivers, like 10.10a, b, c, d, c... z, released in the span of a month? Are they even testing them? How would I even know what to download without tediously looking up information?

And remember the "pink hue" bug that came with the early 10.10? I know, all one had to do was go and bump up the color temperature one notch from default. But still, how in the world can a company as reputable as AMD let something as simple as that slip through their hands, their testing? It's simply carelessness. There can't be more than a few dozen tabs that they have to review before they release a package yet they can't check if their color temperature defaults to the right setting? I'd love to have the job of whoever okay's such drivers, because nobody seems to be managing them, they can do whatever they want.

Last edited:
GSOD's basically still a hardware issue, and has been for a long time. Driver-related GSODs haven't really happened since the beginning of 2010.

Aitlojs: I'd say avoid it, the 10.12 platform isn't compatible with older GPUs due to the mouse area fix.

I'm using the drivers from the ATI release build marked 26th, and sometimes when I start starcraft 2, I get an error message that I don't have a video card installed. Then I try again and poof, it works. Odd..

GSOD's basically still a hardware issue, and has been for a long time. Driver-related GSODs haven't really happened since the beginning of 2010.

Aitlojs: I'd say avoid it, the 10.12 platform isn't compatible with older GPUs due to the mouse area fix.

Yeah well, guess I'm just shit outta luck. My 5870 had GSOD from day 1, though with certain drivers it rarely occurs. Back with 10.10a I didn't GSOD once, not even after hours and hours of gaming (not just one game). 10.12 and 11.1 both GSOD like mad. But maybe it's just random after all.

Either way, gotta save up for a new card. Maybe the 580 or 6970 will come down in price in a few months.

Part of your problem may be using those forced voltages. That's not really recommended, use of that 2D/3D profile crap. It messes with the firmware's own voltage/clock presets for various states.

If you did it because something wasn't working originally, that may be a hardware issue.

Your system will have issues if something is setting clockspeeds that it cant handle upon bootup with default voltages. On my 5970, which required 5870 voltages to reach 850/1200, if I left my overclocked profile active, the system would go into a GSOD loop if I didn't have the voltages set properly upon bootup. This is not the fault of drivers.

I am having the pink hue problem but am not able to change my color temp because it is not showing up in my settings at all. How do I fix this?

•·Unigine Heaven OpenGL performance improves ~10% at moderate, 30% at normal and 100% at extreme tessellation levels

Holy crap!!! A 100% improvement?!?!?!

The percent increase in performance goes up as the amount of tessellation increases. My conclusion is that tessellation performance would see an increase.

Does anyone think that this improvement in Heaven's tessellation could also apply to other tessellation-based games?

Don't get too excited, I'm fairly certain they're just turning down the tessellation being done, and ignoring what the application is requesting. They call it "optimized" tessellation.

There's a reason this 100% gain took a year to come out... and only came out when their option to lower tessellation levels did.

Don't get too excited, I'm fairly certain they're just turning down the tessellation being done, and ignoring what the application is requesting. They call it "optimized" tessellation.

There's a reason this 100% gain took a year to come out... and only came out when their option to lower tessellation levels did.

but that feature isn't finished yet. To my understanding the AMD optimized portion isn't fully functional yet.

so i installed this, and now I can't rotate my 2nd display to portrait. Anyone else having this problem?

I was able to make it portrait on my 2nd monitor on 10.12

oh yeah if it makes any difference, I have a hanns g 28" 16:10 1920x1200 and a old dell 1907fp 19 " 4:3 1280x1024 but I want it to run as 1024x1280 ultrasharp.

and win7 x64 pro

Last edited:
Use Windows 7. Both companies make shitty software for messing with display configurations. Seriously don't know how they can fail so hard at making this possible. I created one profile to have the center monitor on and another profile to have all three on. What happens when I switch? The portrait side screens are upside down. Pro work.

Where is the profile section in these drivers?

e: Never mind, I guess they renamed it "preset"? But now you can't choose what specific things you want enabled with the profile...

Hey guys, has anyone noticed any performance drops in games, I had been replaying the original Crysis and had been getting around 40-42fps on max settings and after this update I'm now getting 23-25fps. I also noticed that my gpu temp isn't getting near as high as it was before this update,but GPU-Z still says my gpu load was 100%. ( originally up to 89C and now no higher that 69C) Any ideas??

@ Michael4man - You might wanna use afterburner to look at it.

That seems odd.

@ Michael4man - You might wanna use afterburner to look at it.

That seems odd.

Thanks Mystique, I used afterburner and I found out that during Crysis my Core Clock MHz is staying at 500, its not ramping up to 880 like it's suppose to. I'm going to try it in some other games and see if it does the same thing in them.

Okay, I ended up rolling back my drivers and uninstalled the new control center because even when I tried playing Half Life 2 my card would max out at a Core Clock of 500, but now it's running back at 880 just fine, has anyone else noticed this problem in other games, I'm wondering if it was just the new control center and if I needed to set something different with all the updates they did to it.

Man ... i'm having a bad time with the drivers.

Dirt 2 and GRID won't launch ... BFBC2 quits to desktop after... 2-4 minutes playing...

Anyone had this kind of problems with the new drivers?

Last edited:

Dirt 2 and GRID don't lunch ... BFBC2 quits to desktop after... 2-4 minutes playing...

Dirt 2 works for me. I don't have any of the other games, so don't know about them.

Dirt 2 and GRID don't lunch ... BFBC2 quits to desktop after... 2-4 minutes playing...

Grid and DiRT 2 runs fine for me..

no issue with BC2 either.

the only issue I have right now is the stupid powerplay that still a plague and EDID is too much of red color around..

It's weird...
Furmark runs forever, no problems... changed my PSU for another Silverstone 850W, since i though i was having psu problems...

The damn thing won't run games. It only runs Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 ... all the others ... Zero.. and it was after i installed the drivers :(

GRID doesn't even enter the introduction ... the Grid logo shows up and... there it stays.

Battlefiled, enters, everything ok, after 2 minutes playing ... it just exits to the desktop without any warning...

Card tops out at 60ºC ... CPU at 62º ... everything stable ... :(

Can't really get what's wrong. Tried installing earlier drivers... nothing...

I've sold my GTX295 ... i'm playing with a 5850 ... i'm far from being happy with ATI ... hmmmm :x

Probably need to do the whole reinstall OS bullshit IF the drivers aren't working off the bat and IF you have already tried driver sweeper to remove all previous drivers.

No issues here other than the mouse flicker at the top right of the screen (people really consider that a bug?) and the poor performance watching a video while gaming (which I don't usually do).

Back