AMD Catalyst 11.1a Hot-Fix Driver Information

I had major issues. From going from my 2d desktop to a game, I would stare at a black screen for a good 20mins before seeing the game. Not alt+f4 or ctrl+alt+del would save me. Maybe after a few mins of pressing ctrl+alt+del I would be presented with the default selection menu. But the second I pressed task manager, it would go back to being black.

Maybe this had something to do with my second monitor being plugged in?

Regardless I uninstalled the drivers. But it was a pain.

I uninstalled via the add/remove panel. Then ran I driver sweeper. For the 6 or so files that driver sweeper didn't remove (my guess is that they are in use, on reboot they would be nuked) i used eraser.

This ultimately worked. But it took a while.

I'm back with 10.12 and everything seems to work just fine. No real reason for me to update my drivers in the first place. Curiosity killed the cat. Not a good mix when playing with ATI :p

ATI pwnz! Just need to stick with what works and you'll be fine :p

Hey Burnt, can you tell me what programs you used to remove all the drivers files... Driver Sweeper is one ... and the Eraser, what's that?

Just for your information ... i had to reinstall the freaking OS and everything is working again ...

Damn AMD drivers and driver update software. With Nvidia i never had these problems :x

Back