Antec 300

I was curious if anyone has a GTX 260 in this case and if there were any problems with the cards length?

Hi I just ordered the antec 300 case and a earthwatts 650 w power supply and now I read somewhere that the earthwatts 650 can't cope with the ati 4870 .. is that real? something about the 12 V rail :S can the 4870 fit in the 300 ? Plz reply quickly so I can stop my command if it's necessary :S

Whats that have to do with the A300? Yes. That card will fit. As for the power supply and GPU issue, this is not the place to post that. Try video cards.

Here are my 300s.
I like the dust filter fronts but I'm thinking of going back to my Lian Li's (V1000BW PlusII and a modded A05A).

300 #1
IMG_1622.jpg

300 #2
IMG_1594.jpg

zero2dash I like the lady speed stick in the first pic ;)

Also anyone not sold on the A300 as the Toyota Camry of cases needs to get checked. Sure its not the greatest flashiest case. But its a solid value for builds

^^^ my wife's ;)
and the wide assortment of other junk is my 3 1/2 y/o daughters. :)
Living room is a sty I swear. :D

I really do like the 300's. If I could nail my cable management better (like I had in my LL's) it would be even better than it is.
I was thinking of doing some sort of offset painting:
-gloss black full interior + front (so the gray doesn't show behind the mesh of the front panel)
*possibly* a warm gray/deep orange contrast...like warm gray on the outside but have all the mesh as the deep orange. For whatever reason I've always thought warm gray (or dark gray, but not black) goes well together with a deep, dark orange color. Not a rust or copper orange, but not Halloween orange either.

Who knows. :cool: I may give it a shot on a spare case (which will be my "paint skill experimentation" anyway) and possibly then do it on one or both of the 300's.

my 300 :D

got an extra hard drive in there right now so i didnt hide its wires :p

and sorry for the sorry pics only cam i got right now is my phone

Photo_100708_002.jpg

Photo_102108_015.jpg

Photo_102108_018.jpg

Photo_102008_010.jpg

Photo_102108_004.jpg

Photo_102108_006.jpg

I've been debating about removing the grills like mista thing did on the previous page, and I wanted to know if it really does much to reduce noise or is it just a personal preference. I would be leaving the top for aesthetic reasons (and I'm not using the side) so it would be the front two and back fan. Wanted to know if it was worth the effort of cutting and filing. I know they can cause turbulence, but it doesn't seem like these are all that impeding.

I've been debating about removing the grills like mista thing did on the previous page, and I wanted to know if it really does much to reduce noise or is it just a personal preference. I would be leaving the top for aesthetic reasons (and I'm not using the side) so it would be the front two and back fan. Wanted to know if it was worth the effort of cutting and filing. I know they can cause turbulence, but it doesn't seem like these are all that impeding.

it does make noise with it on it makes this suction noise considering how close the grills are to the fans. yea cut them out i also left the 140mm grills on for aesthetic reasons

Looks like I will be doing some cutting then, but I will probably wait until the next reason I have to remove the mobo. Thanks mista ting.

I am finally getting mine, should be picking it up for xmas :)

my only question is, if my powersupply will reach? They are 45 cm in length.

here is my antec 300, tried to do cable managment but its the sata cables that give me the hardest time, so far ive damn near broke 3 drives from a sata cable bending, and or sliding off and causing errors.
ive also lost one onboard sata port cause the cable wouldn't release.

IMG_0283.jpg

IMG_0280.jpg

basically its my travel/dev box.

running a pent d 805 with a mild 3.6oc - cooled by a scythe infiniti
2gb corsair ram
Asus P5WDG2-WS Pro board. amazing 975x board
8800gts 320 cooled by a thermalrite HR-03+
6 drives for VM's and etc when i bring it to class.

i have to say i love this case it really moves air. and is relatively silent as well.

I also love this case. Clean looks on the outside, well-built on the inside. It has it all. The only gripe I have is the power supply on the bottom. My ATX power cable is just long enough to reach, but unfortunately it leaves the cable out (ugly for cable management). I slightly modified my case to fit an E-ATX board. I removed the 5.25" tray and it runs VMWare ESXi, so a CD drive is rarely needed.

IMG_0131.JPG

IMG_0132.JPG

IMG_0133.JPG

IMG_0136.JPG

Local computer shop sells these for cheap and I'll be picking one up soon.

I don't understand why this thing is supposedly "underrated."

Flashy LEDs are soo tacky.

all you need is a kama bay with another quiet 120mm to fill the 5.25 bays and your set redyouch. very nice setup

Pickin one up in alittle while. How should I mount the PSU (VX550), fan up or down?

Doesn't matter... I place my powersupply with the ATX as close to the motherboard for easier cable management.

Also I have the side fan blowing out too keep down on dust in the case. I checked my video card temps with it as an intake, it was only 1 degree lower.

Also I have the side fan blowing out too keep down on dust in the case. I checked my video card temps with it as an intake, it was only 1 degree lower.
Swap the sidepanels´ place, so you´ll get rid of one useless fan. ;)

005.jpg

best i could cable manage without modding the case lol.

also first computer build and soon going to be first case mod.

2 cold cathodes on top and bottom and a side window and maybe even the inside black.

This case does not want to hide your wires without physically cutting a hole in it. Add in a poorly designed motherboard and a non-modular PSU and you have quite a mess. Regardless, best 50 bucks i ever spent on a case.

Off topic: I see a Matrox Millenium II sitting on the desk next to the PC. I have one myself, pretty convenient for troubleshooting purpose...

I have that case as well. I should get some LED fans for more colorful look.

Does this case have a space between the back panel and the motherboard tray? If so I plan on buying it and cutting some holes for the wires so that I can hide them on the back of the motherboard tray.

It's not much yes it does have some space.

Here's mine:
Viaje_Toronto-Montreal_1030.jpg

Viaje_Toronto-Montreal_994.jpg

Viaje_Toronto-Montreal_995.jpg

The one downside to this case is the vibration from the HDD is driving me crazy... I ended up removing it from the hdd cage and just letting it lay inside the case vertically.

I've got a 300 with two 80GB Velociraptors in it, RAID 0, attached hard to the case with the thumbscrews and I can't hear 'em... not that I'm a recording engineer with the most sensitive ears ever in the history of humankind, but even when they're going bonkers with tons of activity, I simply cannot hear them at all in this case.

Got one 120mm fan front mounted (on medium)covering them with airflow, nothing on the side (going to swap panels as one other poster mentioned, I hadn't thought of doing that), nothing in the rear yet (moved that one to the front) and the 140mm on low.

The loudest thing in this case is the CoolerMaster PSU fan and I'm not sure what to do about it at this point. Was hoping to get something really quiet but for the time being I'll live...

Outstanding case, however. Thinking about having the interior power coated black actually... black runs cooler... ;)

placing the hard drive at the bottom of the hard drive cage, helps alot in cutting down on the noice.

It's weird because 80% of the time it's not noticeable, but every once in a while (not just when seeking) the drive bay will start resonating and making a LOUD humming noise that stops as soon as I apply pressure to the side of the case... I've tried some felt pads, tightening, loosening the screws to no avail.

I'm up to a trio of the 300s now. I'd like to post pictures, buy they are all in transitional states with parts swaps going on nearly weekly, so cable management is a joke right now.

As for vibration, I had a problem with one of the 300s where the top panel vibrated like MAD. I finally realized that a couple of the top fan screws were loose. A couple of twists of the screw driver and I didn't have to sit books on the case anymore.

I've been enjoying the case a bit but theres alot of things that bug me. A 140mm top fan is hard to replace, it's not really a standard size so finding a really good fan for it is a pain in the ass. The side panel has a slot for a 120mm fan, but it's situated in a place where its only good for rigs set up in SLI, otherwise its just an eyesore. Bottom mounted PSU's end up being turned upside down, so now all my cables have to be turned in ungodly positions so its just incredably annoying. Then again, it only cost 60 bucks (more like 50 bucks now) so can't really complain.

A 140mm top fan is hard to replace, it's not really a standard size so finding a really good fan for it is a pain in the ass.
When I happen to start using my A300(CM690 for now) and the top 140mm fan goes bad, I'm going to rig up a 120mm fan somehow, or get a 140mm Yate Loon from Petras or Jab-tech.

Each are $6-7 depending on how many you may purchase.
140mm YL Low @ petras: http://www.petrastechshop.com/14yalod1cafa.html (46 CFM, 25 dBA)
140mm YL Med @ Petras: http://www.petrastechshop.com/14yalod1cafa1.html (Out of Stock) (62 CFM, 29 dBA)

Jab-tech Low Speed: http://www.jab-tech.com/Yate-Loon-140mm-Case-Fan-D14SL-12-pr-4032.html (46 CFM, 25 dBA)
Jab-tech Med Sped: http://www.jab-tech.com/Yate-Loon-140mm-Case-Fan-D14SM-12-pr-3594.html (62 CFM, 29 dBA)

The problem with buying fans online is your paying out the ass in shipping for the fans you really want. Hell, the shipping costs almost as much as the fan sometimes.

100_0166.jpg

100_0172.jpg

Just my little introduction, I love this case because its just simple, and it works. I dont like fancy colored fans or windows or anything like that.

Back