Antec 300

First, sorry for the large pics. Thought they were 640x480 like my usual uploads but these are a bit old and I must have went 1024x768 for some reason.

Quick build I did for my little brother. Great case and loved it. DFI LP JR, E5200 @4Ghz on Q6600 hsf, 4GB ram. 7600, hdd, and optical were temp till I brought it to him to put his in. Went LP JR as the build was originally going to be in his matx case, but I bought this for him as he wanted a 300/900/1200 styled case. He wanted the bright lights so I tossed some red cathodes in for him.

img0746xh7.jpg

img0747vr5.jpg

Here you can see Project Nightrain in the background (not posted here, I've got to finish that this summer hopefully ... small apartment and modding is tough hehe). And the rig for the fiance to the back right which eventually got some much needed cable management.
img0751ry9.jpg

img0755ff7.jpg

img0757wy1.jpg

I had a great time with this case. Picked it up for $39.99 at Microcenter. Phenomenal case for the money.

DSC00131.jpg

DSC00132.jpg

DSC00133.jpg

DSC00136.jpg

My new board for my Athlon X2 7750 2.7 GHz Kuma. Hopefully I will have every inside my Antec 300 by next week.:cool:

get high much or just spouting radom non sense. The inside of the 900 is bigger.

Both suck for interiors. heh...

I'm pretty amazed people still pay more than $100 for an Antec 900... or more than $50 for an Antec 300... :eek:

i got a 300 the other day so i could mod my 900 ( just a few holes, still having issues trying to work the dremel :( ) and I liek the 300. I'll either return the 300 or sale the 900 soon though.

get high much or just spouting radom non sense. The inside of the 900 is bigger.

Both cases practically share the same frame. The 900 is 1.4" taller because of the angled plastic top/junk tray. The lone difference otherwise is a larger fan cutout for the 200mm and 2 WC pipes drilled out.

I'd take a 300 over a 900 for the dust filters alone; in fact, that's why I did. :D

Man, this case is so much better than the Antec 900. I should have just gotten this case and installed a window.

Had the computer in a Rocketfish case, but the airflow as it was was horrible and making my room into a friggin' sauna. End result was this. Yes, I know the cold cathodes are stupid, but hey, I was bored and I like to tinker. Speaking of which, does anyone know of any tinkering I should do without spending any money? I realllyyyy want to DO something. Boredom sucks.

Specs:

-- Antec 300
-- Enermax Galaxy 1000W
-- 2GB Winchip 1333MHz memory
-- Gigabyte X48T-DQ6
-- Q6600 G0 @ 9x400MHz, 1.36V (that's 3.6GHz for those of you not in math mode today)
-- Thermaltake Big Typhoon w/Apevia blue LED fan
-- Visiontek HD3870X2 OC
-- 150GB Raptor
-- 200GB WD IDE HDD
-- Apevia fans all around
-- LG SuperMulti DVD burner

Woohoo! It's running Leopard full-time. Love the OS, hate the elitist designer culture.

351fsb6.jpg

riydmo.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/289ezp3.jpg[/IMG

WTF is wrong with the pictures?

It sure is.... it barely fits. Another barely-fitting thing is the top 140mm fan, which clear the Big Typhoon by about 2mm.

Teaser, for now.:

P1010174.jpg

P1010179.jpg

^ bah. Didn't bother to shut the side door all the way. Oh well. More to come...

Last edited:
Looks pretty nice. The red matches the silver well. Too bad you couldn't make the whole case silver though. :p

Just chiming in to say I absolutely love this case and use it for all my customer's builds. Excellent airflow, cheap, and if you're just a little creative the cable management is not that hard.

ordovician, Nice Rig. That red looks very slick. You should paint that silver mesh black to match the rest, only because I know painting the black(metal AND plastic) would be alot of work.

ordovician, Nice Rig. That red looks very slick. You should paint that silver mesh black to match the rest, only because I know painting the black(metal AND plastic) would be alot of work.

Thanks... I actually want the mesh to be silver. It matches my Saitek Eclipse keyboard and my monitor stand that way.

Thanks... I actually want the mesh to be silver. It matches my Saitek Eclipse keyboard and my monitor stand that way.
Oh, late reply, sorry. Guess this is a good bump.

Anyways, ordo, since you wanted the mesh front of your PC case to be a "certain color" by all means keep/have it that way. :D. I didn't think you might have wanted that mesh to be silver, lol. :)

-Cheers.

Nothing fancy, just a new PC I put together for my son...I will add a video card at the end of the month. I am liking the Antec 300 case...if they only painted it black inside lol. This is only my second ever build.

001a.jpg

043.jpg

021-1.jpg

038-1.jpg

040.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

046-1.jpg

Wow....so many freaking HDs! What are you up to? A mad scientist experimenting with human instant evolution or something?

Well I hope your raid isn't bigger than 2 tb sets or you are asking for trouble.

What kind of Seagate drives are those?

Are those 1 platter drives?

^
I have a 250GB drive I bought recently which is pretty thin but those that Carloswill has are much thinner.

look to be seagate 7200.12 500gig single platter drives.
fast drives.

I could be wrong though.

I added a second hard drive 1TB & my new toy XFX 4890 :D

Cleaned up the back a bit, made a new back cover, and moved the cables away from the side of the psu to along the back of it.

09.jpg
11.jpg
14.jpg

12.jpg
16.jpg

15.jpg

18.jpg
05.jpg

06.jpg

Back