Antec 300

Monster.jpg

So far there's only a few that's side panel has been model with a window. I'm thinking about getting an Antec 300 (they're so cheap these days) and modding a window into my side panel + Acoustic Foam.

For those of you who has a windowed side panel; Did you do it yourself, or buy it?

I ordered mine from Crazy PC it just hasn't arrived yet. I'll post pics for ya, with the mod in place.

Here's my Antec 300. I ran out of patience with wire management(if you could even call mine that). Between the Corsair 400w PSU and this case, I couldn't route wiring cleanly at all. Any suggestions on cleaning this thing up some?

IMG_0084.jpg

1. Turn the psu on the other side
2. Run all of the cables into the cable storage area.
3. Run the CPU power cable between the video card and pci express slot.
4, Move the Hard Drives to the bottom of the case.
5. Run the front connectors under the motherboard with a data cable for the DVD burner.
6. Use the zip-tie down points in the case to guide the usb cable and then use that cable to tie down the ATX power.

1. Turn the psu on the other side
2. Run all of the cables into the cable storage area.
3. Run the CPU power cable between the video card and pci express slot.
4, Move the Hard Drives to the bottom of the case.
5. Run the front connectors under the motherboard with a data cable for the DVD burner.
6. Use the zip-tie down points in the case to guide the usb cable and then use that cable to tie down the ATX power.

Will the PSU run any hotter? I noticed someone a page or two back had a 450w corsair flipped also...

Will the PSU run any hotter? I noticed someone a page or two back had a 450w corsair flipped also...

I haven't notice any hear any different between either way... PSU has like 5/8 inch space too intake air when its turn that way.

I haven't notice any hear any different between either way... PSU has like 5/8 inch space too intake air when its turn that way.

Yeah, I flipped it already and haven't noticed a difference either. It looks a lot better IMO. Will post pics later. I should steal my brohers fatal1ty psu lol.

EDIT: Not great, but thats where I'm at. I don't want to shove too much stuff behind the mobo!
afterwm.jpg

Last edited:
INTEL CORE 2 QUAD Q6600 G0 @ 3.6Ghz
ASUS P5Q PRO
GSKILL KIT 4GB DDR2 1000MHZ PQ(CL5)
EVGA GTX260 SUPERCLOCKED 896MB DDR3 55nm
SAMSUNG 1TB SATA II 32MB
X-FI XTREME MUSIC
ANTEC EA 750W
PROLIMATEC MEGAHALEMS + 2x ENERMAX CLUSTER UCCL 12 + TACENS VENTUS PRO
ZALMAN ZM-MFC1 Plus

:)

I just joined the other day, partly because I was having some trouble keeping track of all the new developments in hardware these days, and also to get some good case mod ideas. I thought since I have an Antec 300, I would share a couple of pictures of mine. Really not much more to it than a nice paint job. A friend of mine was restoring a 1940's Cadillac, and when I mentioned how nice the burgundy metallic colour he chose, would look on a PC case, he offered to paint my case the same. So after a few base coats, and a few coats of clear over those, here it is. I added the LED's which come out of the busted high mount stop lamp from a 2004 Nissan Murano. I'm not going to mention the system specs, cause there is really nothing special on the inside.

http://i873.photobucket.com/albums/ab292/x-communicated/Antec 300/IMG_2186.jpg
http://i873.photobucket.com/albums/ab292/x-communicated/Antec 300/img_2185.jpg

I just joined the other day, partly because I was having some trouble keeping track of all the new developments in hardware these days, and also to get some good case mod ideas. I thought since I have an Antec 300, I would share a couple of pictures of mine. Really not much more to it than a nice paint job. A friend of mine was restoring a 1940's Cadillac, and when I mentioned how nice the burgundy metallic colour he chose, would look on a PC case, he offered to paint my case the same. So after a few base coats, and a few coats of clear over those, here it is. I added the LED's which come out of the busted high mount stop lamp from a 2004 Nissan Murano. I'm not going to mention the system specs, cause there is really nothing special on the inside.

http://i873.photobucket.com/albums/ab292/x-communicated/Antec 300/IMG_2186.jpg
http://i873.photobucket.com/albums/ab292/x-communicated/Antec 300/img_2185.jpg

Beautiful paint. I had a Chevelle SS that colour.

Too bad you didn't get the front grills painted.

@Nighted
I'm not a great fan of that hip hop culture me neither but it was fun to cut the case that way! Thanks for your comments, I really appreciate them.

Nothing special about my case on the outside but I've squeezed quite a bit inside the case. I gave up on wire management too lol.
IMG_0121.jpg

Still need to work on cable management and a more permanent solution for the radiator (some black zip ties :p) but mostly done with the most recent project.

img4595.jpg

Last edited:
i know this is an old setup but would any one have pics of a 680i lt and 8800gtx sli set up in this case.
if so id like to ask if everything fit ok and what are the temps like

I think the Antec has a better design but if your going to spend that much look at the Haf 922. It's pretty sweet.

actually I can get the CM 690 II for $70 at a different canadian retailer. The HAF 922 is $30 extra. The Antec 300 was my original choice, but I wanted something with front eSATA which the CM690 has for an extra $20 already. So going from $50 to $100 to a HAF 922 is a big price difference which I'm not willing to spend for my budget PC

I've had my 300 for a few months now and I am still very impressed. I bought another dust filter for the side intake and its almost a shame that I don't have a window anymore (coming from a 900) because my hardware is finally dust free.

I suggested this case for a buddy who had a nearly identical configuration, he always had WAY lower temps. I was running an Antec P182. When I got my GTX480 the GPU was hitting 190F.. I switched to the 300 and now the GPU never gets above 185F and idles at 105F, not a major change but impressive performance for a cheap case in comparison to a higher end case.

^ looks wonderful, rjohnson2

I'm about to use this case in a new build I'm starting soon and I'm thinking about getting white LED fans for the front. Anyone have white fans in their 300? I want to try something other than blue/red for once.

Also, what kind of paint do you guys use to paint your insides black? Any special method to doing this or just spray and pray really?

^ looks wonderful, rjohnson2
Also, what kind of paint do you guys use to paint your insides black? Any special method to doing this or just spray and pray really?

I used a Satin Black. I used Rustoleum primer for metal and Krylon Satin Black with the adjustable tip. DO NOT USE KRYLON's paint with the adjustable tip. IT SUCKS! I went threw two cans where i should have only used one. I suggest anything but Krylon.

Back