[H]ard|Mowed Over Club..

Man... I gotta stop this before I actually buy a plane ticket and head down there.... I'm hurtin' for a vacation:)

What's a vacation? Is it that thing my doctor keeps telling me I need to take because I haven't been on one in probably more than 15 years?

I was technically part of the [H]Mowed Over Club before it was officially chartered. However, since a bit before its inception I started mowing over just about everyone in my way including those whom mowed me over. There are still many to go after and they keep running but I'm catching up.

Unfortunately, it looks like I'm going to be part of the club again. There are a number of people on my threat list and I think one of them shows an overtake of less than a month. I wish I could add some more boxen but I'm tapped out for now.

Eekers to tha' max :eek: , I just got anialated by Pogo and I'm a females genital hair (that's PC for c*nt hair :p ) away from bein' smoked by CatBoxer.

Me and Gray_area have been kinda' "rockin'" back and forth for a long time. Sometimes he/she is ahead of me and sometimes I'm ahead of he/she. (no biggie, I'm used to it :))

The only thing I can say to "heavy duty" folders like the Pogo or the CatBoxer is "Way To Fold" and a lot of people, myself included, thank you very much.

Oh BTW, how about slowin' down a little, get some softer tires and wave as you go by. (yeah, yeah, I know you ain't gots the time :D)

+1 new member

you know, sooner or later we gonna have our own internal war in the mowed over club when some start passing others :p:rolleyes::D;)

+1 new member

you know, sooner or later we gonna have our own internal war in the mowed over club when some start passing others :p:rolleyes::D;)

No, we can handle getting mowed, thats why we're here. I just looked at the membership list and digital is the only one who hasn't mowed me down YET.

Your safe for a while..... it's going to be a while before that happens:)

I'll update the list as well....... and no worries about a war here...../beers for everyone!!!!

Your safe for a while..... it's going to be a while before that happens:)

I'll update the list as well....... and no worries about a war here...../beers for everyone!!!!

That's why I said yet. I'm sure it'll happen someday. It always happens.....

Maybe..... I could have the plug pulled on my borg any day... I doubt it, but it could happen. And at our current production pace, it looks like if I pass you it won't happen until we are right around 900k......in October or so.....

Soooo....wanna race to a million?;)

Maybe..... I could have the plug pulled on my borg any day... I doubt it, but it could happen. And at our current production pace, it looks like if I pass you it won't happen until we are right around 900k......in October or so.....

Soooo....wanna race to a million?;)

I'm in. But I should warn you, I did finally quit smoking so I should have some "D" coming up soon. :p

/baptist preacher voice

The "D" compels you to quit!

72 hours and counting. I've already set a little piggy bank on the corner of my desk with Q6600 written on the side. :D

even im getting mowed in the PPD department... need to increse efforts... :)

even im getting mowed in the PPD department... need to increse efforts... :)
You're running almost exclusively the standard console client, IIRC, right? Well, Stanford will be releasing some bonus WUs worth about 50% more than the current ones in the near future. So, figure your PPD to increase by that approximate amount. No one else will see a similar boost because almost everyone is running an assortment of different clients such as SMP, GPU and PS3. A little while longer and without doing anything you'll probably see a major boost catapulting you easily to #1 in daily production again.

You're running almost exclusively the standard console client, IIRC, right? Well, Stanford will be releasing some bonus WUs worth about 50% more than the current ones in the near future. So, figure your PPD to increase by that approximate amount. No one else will see a similar boost because almost everyone is running an assortment of different clients such as SMP, GPU and PS3. A little while longer and without doing anything you'll probably see a major boost catapulting you easily to #1 in daily production again.

hey that would be nice

hope they are all stable tho

+1 new member

Nah..., I read where tire tracks on your back were a very fashionable statement these days :D

Kudos to tha' [H]orde mowed over club :p

Hey, the way I look at it all the pernts from folding go into the same pocket anyway, hopefully your loved ones won't ever need the results from Stanford University's incredible program. ;)

hey that would be nice

hope they are all stable tho

I've run a few of them on one of my quads to see what happens. That is, assuming they are the 15 point work units they have been sending out over the weekend. On one core at 3.6Ghz it was taking about 45 seconds per percent to crunch through them. That would mean about 1 hour 15 minutes for me to chew through one of them. That would mean about 288 PPD on a single 3.6Ghz Core2 core.

While Core2 is a bit more efficient than Netburst, even the older P4s should show a substantial increase in PPD running these. I just wish I could get them on my dual core Pentium 4 here at work. As of now, both clients are still crunching on the regular gromacs core work units which run like complete shit on this machine. I can't even get close to the PPD that the benchmark machine puts out if they were the same speed. In my case, these P4 cores only run 3Ghz which isn't much off the benchmark machine of 2.8Ghz. My old machine at work was a 2.8Ghz P4 and I was very lucky to get 100PPD with SSE boost turned on on the regular gromacs cores. Anyway, that's enough of my bitching. Especially since the new small work units with bonuses run the Amber core.

Just make sure you have -advmethods as a flag on the machines to get these work units. I believe the work units are supposed to be mostly stable although there is a chance some not so stable ones might show up if my memory serves me correctly.

fake edit: And it looks like I may have to join the club soon. From the look of things I'm going to get mowed over in 2-3 weeks. If I didn't need to pay off my car I could probably hold out for another few weeks by building another machine, but I need to get my car paid off ASAP.

I've run a few of them on one of my quads to see what happens. That is, assuming they are the 15 point work units they have been sending out over the weekend.
These aren't the new ones. Vijay has said they haven't been released yet. It was merely announced that they are "in the near future" so naturally everyone is assuming they are already out. The 15 point units coming out this past weekend are the same that my P4 has been getting since I started folding a few days before the announcement was made that new bonus WUs were coming.

I don't have a direct quote for you where Vijay said they haven't been released yet. But it was said in one of the many threads on FF discussing the stats server issues. All these small WUs were the cause of the bottlenecks so some people naturally assumed it was because of these new "bonus units" which turned out to not be the case.

Just got mowed down by Crazy Larry. I gotta say, it doesn't hurt so bad anymore. :D

Next up, ZoomZoomZoom.

At this level, I keep mowing over inactive users. No one has been on my threat list for 8 updates or so. :D I'd be over 10K points though if 171.64.65.65 wasn't down I have a 331 point WU that finished 24 hours ago sitting in the queue waiting for Kasson to get this server back up. :( Oh well, the preferred deadline is still 18 days away. Meanwhile, I am now folding on 3 CPUs and 1 GPU 24/7 and buying parts for my first quad on Friday.

Just got mowed down by Crazy Larry. I gotta say, it doesn't hurt so bad anymore. :D

Next up, ZoomZoomZoom.

I have ZoomZoomZoom on my tail as well...hopefully the new addition will keep him off my tail...and the new boxen will help me out-produce him ;)

we could form a sub team in team 33 the [H]Mowed_Over. With our combined ppd we could beat the bastards who ran us over in the first place thus increasing our club membership :p

we could form a sub team in team 33 the [H]Mowed_Over. With our combined ppd we could beat the bastards who ran us over in the first place thus increasing our club membership :p

I had to read that twice.... and my head still hurts :p

If we formed Voltron and started doing the mowing, then how could we still be the [H]Mowed|Over Club? It would cause a bit of a rift in the time/space continuum.

If we formed Voltron and started doing the mowing, then how could we still be the [H]Mowed|Over Club?

voltron, wow that some old stuff :D
here is a pic from a nice t-shirt that i have ;)

voltron.jpg

That donut look like a t-shirt. I donut believe you, you better put on the shirt and take a pic. :p

Back