[H]ardFolding Community Boxen Program

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently ordered a case that came with a 580w Sunbeam PSU basically free. I plan on buying an Earthwatts to replace it.

So, any interest in a free Sunbeam PSU 580W... apparently they aren't the best, but hey, its free :)

Anything that does not look like it will cause a boxen fire is welcome ;)

I will ship my package tomorrow evening now that I finished testing and wiping harddrives. It's 1 160GB, 1 80GB and 2 40GB. I tossed everything I don't need and some might be too old to be useful but we never know ;)

A complete rig is pending replies from the three upper heads of the program. Until then it'll sit right here.

Just sent a PM to Kendrak regarding housing a boxen or 2. would be more than happy to help out. :)

Just sent a PM to Kendrak regarding housing a boxen or 2. would be more than happy to help out. :)

Thank you!

I'm sure you'll be hearing form him soon.

Really glad to see so much interest in this...Evil, Kendrak and I really appreciate it!!

Fold On!!!

For the PSU: Anyone in particular that I should contact/ship to? Or wait until we get more parts, pair them up with a specific someone?

And if this has been explained, I apologize. I'm at work, and have only skimmed the pages :(

Send a PM to Kendrak or Digital Exhaust for the info of where to ship to.

I probably have some SDRAM lying around that I can throw in... In Canada though so shipping might hurt a bit, Other than that, I think I have access to some spare Socket A processors, and maybe some more stuff tonight. I'll update later. I just remembered I have an entire system im going to light up for folding. Someone mind PMing me with the best stuff (Will run linux if It's better. I need to mess around a bit :D )

[edit] I can host a rig as well, I believe my electricity is locked. I haven't folded much (RAM went bad on desktop so yea... ) so if someone else calls it, go for it. I can assemble parts as well if they're shipping like that.

PM me if you need anything, I really need to get in to folding... Too many disease deaths in my family :(

One other thing....I have a Linksys wireless card here I no longer need. If any of the selected boxen housers need a wirless card in the boxen they recieve, let me know as I'm happy to donate this card as well.....

I don't have any parts that I won't need in the very near future. I could donate $10-15 though; let me know.

I don't have any parts that I won't need in the very near future. I could donate $10-15 though; let me know.

Donations are welcome.
If you wish to use paypal ... look at Q&A #4 or the 3rd post in this thread for address.

IF you wish to donate by check .. send me a pm!

Small cash donation sent via PayPal. Seems like the shipping costs are going to start piling up very fast and lots of hardware has already been donated. :)

I'm in contact with DE to send you guys about twenty 100/Gigabit NIC's. That might help out a little bit.

Thanks guys.... I swear, I'm overwhelmed by your generosity, I really am. The response you all have given us, and the support is just amazing.

Thank you all, and Fold On!!!!

So.... the mailman just stopped by:)

Got a few items from Evil......let's see.....

Nice!

This is a good start:)

And I will tell you this..... Evil knows how to package boxen bits for shipping, that's for sure:p

Mailman just came by again:)

Hummm, let's see what he has for the Community Boxen this time.....

Count em'......yep twenty....TWENTY nic cards!!

Thanks Ax....really appreciate it!

Oh, and again, great packaging, everything arrived in perfect condition!!

Okay, this one nearly gave my mailman a hernia....

Let's see....

And then there's this box o' every cable type known to man.....

There's also these....

Big thanks to Sunin for all this, great donations man!!

Everything arrived in sound condition, I was a bit worried at first, the box certainly took a beating during shipping, but all was fine inside!!

Thanks again guys!! Should have some boxen ready to go within a week hopefully.

looking good!!
the boxen are getting ready for the Lan party... errgg... i mean to start folding :p

Yeah, we're getting pretty close to having a few boxen ready for some good homes. Just need a few more items and we should have a couple ready!!

Donations can be sent via paypal to - Alchemists (A) hotmail.com

I'd be in for a small donation. Just need to clarify the payment info (not the sharpest knife in the drawer.. :D)
Is it "Alchemists (A) at hotmail" or "Alchemists at hotmail?

0.png

I'd be in for a small donation. Just need to clarify the payment info (not the sharpest knife in the drawer.. :D)
Is it "Alchemists (A) at hotmail" or "Alchemists at hotmail?

0.png

It's Alchemists at hotmail.

And thank you very much for your donation, I'm sure you'll be hearing form Evil this afternoon.

It's Alchemists at hotmail.

And thank you very much for your donation, I'm sure you'll be hearing form Evil this afternoon.

:cool:... Thanks d_e, that's what I thought it was but just wanted to check before giving some lucky bastad a big grin...:D

Evil... ya got mail.

0.png

Quick update.... I'm waiting on a few more deliveries and I think we should have one ready. I will have two P4 2g boxens ready pretty soon as well....

Thanks again to all of you who have participated in this, much appreciated!!

Is the P4 boxens socket 478 ? If yes, I might have 2-3 P4 2.8 GHz socket 478 available (I have some defective computers at work, dead boards but the cpu is ok).

Is the P4 boxens socket 478 ? If yes, I might have 2-3 P4 2.8 GHz socket 478 available (I have some defective computers at work, dead boards but the cpu is ok).

Yes, they are Socket 478.....and an upgrade to a 2.8 would be great!

Let me know if you have any available.... :)

Yes, they are Socket 478.....and an upgrade to a 2.8 would be great!

Let me know if you have any available.... :)

Ok, lemme look at the pile of computers (I have about 50 stacked in the storage room, mostly Williamettes ones but there is some Northwood in there). How much do you need ?

Two should do for now... although there is a possibility that I may put two more Socket 478 boxen together if I can scrounge up some compatible ram.... might be worth a shot, but I can't imagine needing more than four right now.... Thanks again!!

Two should do for now... although there is a possibility that I may put two more Socket 478 boxen together if I can scrounge up some compatible ram.... might be worth a shot, but I can't imagine needing more than four right now.... Thanks again!!

Ok, l'll look at them and you should have some news tomorrow or wednesday :)

Sub'ed.

As soon as I finish some upgrades I should have some decent parts (E2180, E6600 and a DS3L minimum). I'll PM once it's ready to go.

Kevin
(feeling guilty for not folding since March)

Great!

Glad to hear your going to start folding again!

If you do wind up with some donations, let us know and we'll get things set up!

Fold On!!!

I don't have any stuff to donate right now, but I'm shipping one of my PCs to run some business stuff for my parent's bed and breakfast, so there will be a spot open in the near future (end of June or so) should one of the rigs need a home :)

i have to contact the fool who just left me as a further beaten down road kill? :p

oh alright :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back