[H]ardFolding Community Boxen Program

Status
Not open for further replies.
Irony anyone?

Ah... he's a great guy and I'm sure that his mowing you over was in no way personal, you were just in his way, that's all:p

And if it makes you feel any better, he ran my ass over a long time ago.... so I feel your pain....

Just got woken up by the mailman banging on my door:)

Big ol' box of goodies from Xilikon!! I'll get some pics up soon......got to get a cup of coffee in me before I can do much of anything.....

Okay....here we go:)

All arrived in excellent condition, well packaged again. Lot's of good stuff here, and we should be able to have a boxen together soon!!!

Thanks again Xilikon!

Okay....here we go:)

All arrived in excellent condition, well packaged again. Lot's of good stuff here, and we should be able to have a boxen together soon!!!

Thanks again Xilikon!

I see a Fax/Modem and a TV Tuner card !! :p

Glad it got home safely. Hope you find what you need to build extra boxens ;)

Yep, and I have actually received two tuner cards, both identical!

We're accepting anything that still works....and Xil, I do believe we now have the parts we need to get one folding!!!

Fold On!!!

-_- Nice collection of pylons.... We need more pylons.

Speaking of packages, I have one with 2 P4 2.8 (1 with 533FSB and 1 with 800FSB, socket 478) all packed up, shipping label printed and ready to be dropped in the mailbox when I leave work. It's by airmail so it should get there in a few days at most ;)

Speaking of packages, I have one with 2 P4 2.8 (1 with 533FSB and 1 with 800FSB, socket 478) all packed up, shipping label printed and ready to be dropped in the mailbox when I leave work. It's by airmail so it should get there in a few days at most ;)

Thank you!! I'll let you know as soon as it arrives!!!

***Update***

Boxen #1 & #2 should be out the door by early next week.
(Awaiting Xilikon's CPUs)

Boxen #3 & #4 should be ready by mid June. (70% Completed)
(Needing 2 x Motherboards)

Boxen #5 & #6 should be ready by end June. (25% Completed)

If you would like to give a boxen a home, contact Kendrak

Want to thank everyone who has given money & parts , so far.

If any one wants to house one of these boxen please PM me!

I have one more box to find a home for right now... and as Evil said more coming!

So, you need a couple motherboards? Are you looking for new or used? I'll be happy to either donate the $ or buy them as long as it doesn't get too expensive. What are we looking at total?

I've been lurking for years and now I feel it's my time to step up and contribute. I started folding for the [H] when I read about the Monkey Challenge. Before that I folded for Sudhian back many years ago under Black_Cat. Anyway, I'll also check my drawers (no, not those:D) and see if I have anything else worth donating.

So, you need a couple motherboards? Are you looking for new or used? I'll be happy to either donate the $ or buy them as long as it doesn't get too expensive. What are we looking at total?

I've been lurking for years and now I feel it's my time to step up and contribute. I started folding for the [H] when I read about the Monkey Challenge. Before that I folded for Sudhian back many years ago under Black_Cat. Anyway, I'll also check my drawers (no, not those:D) and see if I have anything else worth donating.

Many thanks!

Are you still folding on your own rigs? If so grab your badge!

yes under OhSoCheesy. I have my work laptop (core 2 duo 2ghz) and the two in my sig going but not at full speed because laptops can't handle the heat as well. But, I'm working on our PS3. Setting up the network seems to be a problem. I just haven't had time to sit down and work on it. And I'm getting my girlfriend's kids a new quad this month, which of course will be borged. And I'm getting her a new laptop too, but not sure if I can get away with it on hers. She is using my i9300 and has no choice, but she hates the fan noise. And last but not least I'm getting a new Sager 5793 with a T9300. So my production should jump soon.

Hey, nice to have you folding with us, and it's great to see you ramping up!!

If your serious about some donations, get in touch with EvilAlchemist and he can help get the arrangements made. Thank you very much for anything your willing to do to help us with this project!!

Fold On!!!

Would Like to thanks OhSoCheesy for his donation of $70.00 to the Fund.

This will help us get two motherboards from Boxen #3 & Boxen #4

Total Donated Funds from all members - $140.00

Thank you very much! That is a very generous donation, very much appreciated!!

Glad to help. Its a great cause and this is a great team. I live with my girlfriend so all of my computer stuff is at my house. I'll scrounge around there tomorrow to see if I can find anything useful. I probably have some old DVD drives floating around. I'm not sure what else is up there, but it isn't doing me any good up there. I would much rather it get some use. I'll get a list put up tomorrow.

And thanks for the nice note EvilAlchemist! I really appreciate it. I hope you all have a great weekend!

We have a boxen that is ready and needs a home. I have a home for it's twin, however we need some [H]ard member to step forward and give a home to this needy boxen!

Pleases PM me ASAP!

(if no one responds I'm going to start to get creative with asking :p)

We have a boxen that is ready and needs a home. I have a home for it's twin, however we need some [H]ard member to step forward and give a home to this needy boxen!

Pleases PM me ASAP!

(if no one responds I'm going to start to get creative with asking :p)

Make a new thread about that and you might get better response ;)

I assume it got a new P4 2.8 in it ?

correct me if I'm wrong, but these points are going to the team and not the individual. So specs shouldn't matter too much. The person giving the boxen a home is giving it space and electricity, but the points are going to the team. Correct??

Yeah, basically. The boxen will have a username of their own....[H]Boxen1, [H]Boxen2 etc... the idea is to gather unused parts and assemble machines that meet standard client deadlines, and if we can do better than that, great.

It's a way for the team to come together and help out the [H]orde....we've all got parts we no longer use and there are many that can't afford any more power, so we're asking those that can to donate a home, and power.

Specs matter, and we're paying attention to that. One of the boxen I have ready is waiting for a CPU upgrade from 2g to 2.8, and the other is awaiting a CPU as well. It had only 256m ram until I received Xil's donation, and now it's got 512m... a bit better....

Hope that clears things up. I'll have a pm off to Evil tomorrow in the a.m. with a complete list of current specs...

Want to thank duker[H] for his donation of $60.00 to the program

Many Thanks

Total Donated Funds from all members - $200.00

ICE_9 sent me a message last night.......

34 pounds of goodies on the way!

Big time thanks for the donations, and I will post pic's as soon as they arrive!!!

Do you guys happen to need any ECC Sdram? I have 20 sticks of 256mb pc133 ecc sdram I could donate. Too bad I can't fold at home, freaking electric bills are up the roof. I can however donate to the cause :)
pm'ed Digital_Exhaust with stuff I can donate.

Just an update: I haven't forgotten about you guys. I had to move into the famly owned apts about 3 weeks to help manage things over here so I've been packing/unpacking and working my tail off lately. I'll get that hardware rounded up and out the door to DE asap.

Quick update!!!

Just got a huge box o' stuff from ICE_9 (and I believe Ferris contributed as well):)

I'll get pics up tomorrow, but just wanted to give a big THANK YOU for the donation!!!

Fold On!!!!

Thanks ICE_9 and Ferris! We all appreciate your contribution.

So how many boxen do we have the parts for? Could we please get an Project Update when you get time?

Two complete that will be shipped out Monday afternoon, and all we need is two mobo's and we'll have two more. Should be soon.

Could we please get an Project Update when you get time?

As Digital_Exhaust said .. Boxen #1 & #2 are going out the door early next week.

Boxen #3 & #4 only need motherboards ...

We have been waiting to get the first two out before ordering motherboards for #3 & #4.
One we have those, those will be ready to go out the door.

Poor Digital is living in a computer part store right now and trying to get him some walking room.

We have about 50% of the parts for Boxen #5 & #6 ....

We will try to get a parts list up this weekend or early next week to show the complete inventory .. it ist just a lot for digital to list ...

Fenris Ulf was the other person on the donations. These were the ones from his shippment to me. Still working on getting some cases together.

pics!! now!!!! :mad:

:p

sorry, no pics yet :(

Soup%20Nazi%281%29.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back