HL2 delayed again?

I just read a review of the latest build of half life and ati is owning nvidia on this title..hehe who knows maybe in a couple months there will be plenty of nvidias around and no atis lol. Anyways wish it would come out soon.

The Batman said:
If HL2 was going to make Sept 1 it would have gone gold by now.

I got a video from fileplanet (gamespy) hmm around the time of E3. One of the developers from valve (i don't care for names) said its done. U can play the game from start to finish so thus its gold technically. But if they announce "gold" that means it'd have a set release date but that would be being nice and we all know valve isn't nice...

The Batman said:
If HL2 was going to make Sept 1 it would have gone gold by now.
I thought I remembered Gabe saying they were planning on sending it over to Vivendi in late August which would mean mid to late-September would be about right. Although I could just be remembering that wrong. My memory is pretty awful.

Tazman2 said:
I got a video from fileplanet (gamespy) hmm around the time of E3. One of the developers from valve (i don't care for names) said its done. U can play the game from start to finish so thus its gold technically. But if they announce "gold" that means it'd have a set release date but that would be being nice and we all know valve isn't nice...
No, Valve is nice, they just aren't consistant and seem to be kind of obsessive.

Well EB finally folded and changed their release date to November 1 as well.

Tazman2 said:
One of the developers from valve (i don't care for names) said its done. U can play the game from start to finish so thus its gold technically.
What you're referring to is what we call in the industry content complete. It just means that all the assets are assembled, levels built and it's in a pretty code playable state. That does not mean it's anywhere close to being finished. There could be at least another milestone or two to complete, play balancing to be done and bugs to squash. You still need to reach Code Complete and work on the install routines.

The only definition of "going gold" is when you build a master CD to send off to the publisher or to the replication plant. Only then is a game considered gold.

Thanks for pre-ordering from EBgames.com! As an added benefit to ordering from us, we’ll keep you informed of ship date changes. We are writing to let you know that we have changed the projected ship date for Half-Life 2 Collectors Edition to November, 1st 2004. The publisher did not provide us with a specific date so this is our best estimate only and should not be considered firm. We will update this date again as we receive new information.

(thats what i got in my inbox today)

I guess we can consider shipping date to be end of September - beginning of November.....which is what I've been saying this entire time, lol.

What about October? Looks like this is a huge slip, from September to November.

I haven't heard anything about the preloaded HL2, didn't that happen on Monday? I haven't heard anything on it.

zoobaby said:
What about October? Looks like this is a huge slip, from September to November.

yeah man thats what im saying, why is everyone forgetting October?

did they delete that month ? i didn't get the memo... :eek:

SuX0rz said:
I guess I'll put HL 2 on my Christmas list... :rolleyes:

... for 2005 :) Hey, they're already over 1 year later than their promised Sept 2003 release date. At this point, I'd put more faith in Duke Nuken Forever showing up... at least we know that everything 3dRealms says is NOT BS.

grit said:
... for 2005 :) Hey, they're already over 1 year later than their promised Sept 2003 release date. At this point, I'd put more faith in Duke Nuken Forever showing up... at least we know that everything 3dRealms says is NOT BS.

Please... comparing HL2 to Duke Nukem Forever? :rolleyes:

Can someone link me to the valve quote that says that it would ship in September of 2004? The last I heard was no definitive date.

Um... that specifically said no official announcement. Keep flaming the game, we know you'll be playing it too. :D

Jonsey said:
Um... that specifically said no official announcement. Keep flaming the game, we know you'll be playing it too. :D
I'm not even going to bother, if you really want to know then google yourself and check out the usual game sites. :rolleyes:

I'm the Dude said:
Where are the fat jokes? Okay...here's one. Fat guys are slower.

i got one
your momma is so fat she went to sleep upstairs and woke up downstairs :D

CrimandEvil said:
I'm not even going to bother, if you really want to know then google yourself and check out the usual game sites. :rolleyes:

Well, I googled under "hl2 OFFICIAL RELEASE ANNOUNCEMENT 2004" and didn't find anything in the first 3 pages...

HL2 was supposed to preload yet again on monday, they missed the deadline, someone emailed valve and they said they were 'shooting for' today.

meanwhile CS:S beta needs to get the bugs worked out of hl2 is ever to release.

Grrrr....at least iD has the balls to say "when it's done" instead of screwing around, making dates, changing dates, missing dates, remaking dates, changing dates again, etc.

Personally I don't think HL2 would have been out when it was supposed to REGARDLESS that the beta/source got leaked way back when....

"HL2 and DNF, the games we wanted to play, but never did..." :eek: :D

Thanks for that! I'll be willing to take bets that it doesn't happen by the weekend though. ;) lol

TheRapture said:
Grrrr....at least iD has the balls to say "when it's done" instead of screwing around

"HL2 and DNF, the games we wanted to play, but never did..." :eek: :D
Amen on that! Valve needs to learn to STFU and actually work on the game, I can stand them selling the game to ATI if it weren't for all the grandstanding and BS.

Shane said:
I just read a review of the latest build of half life and ati is owning nvidia on this title..hehe who knows maybe in a couple months there will be plenty of nvidias around and no atis lol. Anyways wish it would come out soon.

Blah, people basing vid card decisions on unreliable, !!!!!!-ish, improperly done benchmarks are wasting time and money....

Fact of the matter is each card does certain things a bit better than the other, and you can't go wrong with either of them. ATI might be a bit better in HL2 just as Nvidia is "owning" ATI in Doom3 (not really), but who cares?????? They both run each game plenty fast with lots of eye candy...buy one and like it, stop reading silly benches and getting all hot and bothered when one beats the other....

man...I should have taken bets on this when I jokingly said hl2 was going to be delayed until november:
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=788274&highlight=hl2+november

But then again just as this 9/1 date was a retailer estimate so is the push back to November. Valve has yet to announce anything officially. However, I still believe they need to shut their mouths and not say anything at all until its done. When preloads start getting delayed like CS:S and now HL2 preload, and of course the actual game, valve needs to strap on muzzles to salvage any integrity they have left. I'm sure by now alot of people can find a strategic place to shove that gold crowbar sitting at valve headquarters.

Oh...and to the hl2 vid card war, I may be a fan of ati but check this out:
http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2182
It seems ATI is 'not' owning nVidia in CS:S as much as some other sites have published.

Well if slips to November they are not getting my $50 anytime soon.

Eventually I will buy it of course, but there is this "other" sequel of a great game coming out in November and that will be my game of choice fo awhile I assume.

I simply cannot buy two big time consuming games so close to each other without ignoring on of them then I have this bad habit of never playing said ignored game ever again.

What game? There are a several games better then HL2 that I play coming out around September - November.

CrimandEvil said:
What game? There are a several games better then HL2 that I play coming out around September - November.

I am afraid if I say, it will start the oh so tired flame war of which is better and why. I would feel compelled to join in and then proceed to waste two hours of my life.

or i could just shorten it to 5 seconds. none of them are out so you don't know which is better.

Okay fine, I'll start it. :D
I'm waiting on some Console games to get released, mostly PS2/GC/PC. Notable among them is Silent Hill the Room, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, Prince of Persia 2: Warrior Within, Full Spectrum Warrior, Armored Core: Nexus, Fullmetal Alchemist, Guilty Gear Isuka, Neo Contra, Digital Devil Saga: Avatar Tuner, Phantom Brave Special Edition, World of Warcraft Collector's Edition, etc...

At this point I say screw HL2, I'll get my copy but not until several mods have come out for it and my favorites are ported over (so that it can keep my interest) and it'll be a used copy probably from the FS/FT thread here. The less of my money that gets to Valve the better.

If people flame let them, what do they know they're bought ATI cards for this game starting with the 9700 Pro. lol ;)

doh-nut said:
or i could just shorten it to 5 seconds. none of them are out so you don't know which is better.

What, don't you know the forums are about useless speculations, flames, and opinions so worthless that voicing them should constitute reason enough to be exiled to a desert island?

Law of the forums: The validty of opinion is inversly related to how many times it's posted by some nincompoop on a forum.

See above post for fine example. :D

CrimandEvil said:
Okay fine, I'll start it. :D
I'm waiting on some Console games to get released, mostly PS2/GC/PC. Notable among them is Silent Hill the Room, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, Prince of Persia 2: Warrior Within, Full Spectrum Warrior, Armored Core: Nexus, Fullmetal Alchemist, Guilty Gear Isuka, Neo Contra, Digital Devil Saga: Avatar Tuner, Phantom Brave Special Edition, World of Warcraft Collector's Edition, etc...

You left out Megaman X Command Mission, Star Ocean 3 [okay so this comes out in early September but bleh], Baten Kaitos [GameCube only], Viewtiful Joe for ps2 [with DANTE!], Shin Megami Tensei 3 Nocturne [with DANTE!], Devil May Cry 3 [with DANTE! :p, if it doesn't get delayed like Resident Evil 4 did], Need for Speed Underground 2, Wild Arms Alter Code F, A Bard's Tale, Knights of the Old Republic 2, Jade Empire, Demon Stone, Grand Theft Auto San Andreas, etc etc [I'm sure I left out a ton of games as well].

Dude Consoles roxor my boxors, while I prefer my PC the Consoles still get more and typically better games. That's why i've got my ps2 and cube hooked up to my Dell 2001FP with a high quality component campture card. It is the SEX.

BTW, Prince of Persia at 16x12 4xAA 16xAF = Uber Sex.

Batman, yeah it was a quick list I started going through just the PS2 games and it was pretty long. :)
Hows the Preload guys?

Back