HP L2335 23" 16ms... sweet

You still didn't answer my question if you would price match the 2405fpw at 860.00 plus free shipping for the l2335... To save almost what $440.00 I will deal with cheaper bezel but you know what in 3 years I will upgrade to next and greatest thing anyways so it is meaningless to me when you say your hp or viewsonic monitor will outlast my dell... Also if you are not making money on the hp or viewsonics that you sell then I know for a fact that is bull... Cause I can get the hpl2335 thru corp. rep for 1300.00.. and you are for sure are selling for more then that.. So continue and peddle your monitors but don't say you are doing anyone a favor here... You are making a nice profit on these monitors and your entilted to it... You run a business and not a non profit organization... Enuff said...

see, the last guy who accused me of profiteering was sorely beaten about the head. i purchase my monitors through Synnex, an authorized HP distributor. Their pricing is usually 10-15 below what i charge. I offset this by usually upgrading the shipping on the monitors (which is not free, btw). so, while i'm glad you can get the monitor for 1300.00 i would have to lose approximate 800 off of my distributor bill in order to price match. that's just not good business. I've managed to break even this past year which is quite impressive. :)

you're more than welcome to take a look at some of my invoices...matter of fact, if you wanna spend some time in this thread, you'll see where i've posted these before. i'm one guy who works as a psychotherapist during the day and a hardware reviewer at night. I make my profit on custom system builds and special contract jobs with local agencies. *shrug* i see no conflict.

but then again, you can make unsubstantiated claims about me all you want. reality, at some point, will prove you wrong.

Now, back to the topic.

ta,

dave

Hey I can make invoices like that too.. It doesn't prove anything to me... I can buy the HP L2335 at 1300.00 period. So either you are getting ripped off which is what you are saying or you are making money either way you have a right to make money. If you choose not to that is your perogative.. But I will still consider that you are a for profit company... Which is why I have the right to voice my opinion... Seriously dave, Anybody can get 10% off of HP msrp price without much effort.. Which is still lower then what you are peddling your panels for if indeed that is what you are paying for it... enuff said... Also if you go thru this forum alot of users have proven that you can easily get 10% off plus free shipping thru HP... But let's see HP sell there l2335 for 860.00 plus free shipping???? I don't think so...

dave_graham said:
Peter740,

see here: http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1026652225&postcount=935

that was my response to Woodchuck at the time and it still stands.

lo siento mucho.

dave

Also I on the other hand have been genuine to other users here and on chubbywallet.. I gave them the information to order it them selves and I make no profit whatsoever from any of the info I have given out to other forum users on how to purchase the dell 2405fpw for 860.00 w/free shipping... Let see you give out your info and let the users order it themselves since you are a non for profit business and you just want to help out people in general... Please spare me the BS... You make money and that is fine but don't preach you are doing forum users a favor buy getting them a hpl2335 at 10-15 above your cost... WE don't really care... We just want the best bang for the buck... That right now is the dell 2405 fpw... 1 more inch and almost half the price you are peddling your hpL2335 for...

Peter740 said:
Also I on the other hand have been genuine to other users here and on chubbywallet.. I gave them the information to order it them selves and I make no profit whatsoever from any of the info I have given out to other forum users on how to purchase the dell 2405fpw for 860.00 w/free shipping... Let see you give out your info and let the users order it themselves since you are a non for profit business and you just want to help out people in general... Please spare me the BS... You make money and that is fine but don't preach you are doing forum users a favor buy getting them a hpl2335 at 10-15 above your cost... WE don't really care... We just want the best bang for the buck... That right now is the dell 2405 fpw... 1 more inch and almost half the price you are peddling your hpL2335 for...

lol

i don't care if people buy the L2335 from me. I've pointed people to eCost or to other places that carry products for cheaper. however, this thread is for the L2335 only, so...whatever. People here are more than capable of searching the forums for information on the 2405fpw (and, since it's been like 3 days since its release, i fail to see how i'm trying to force people to buy from me....as a matter of fact, i've not advertised the panel for sale in this thread in quite some time. *shrug* )

Since you like to be an ass, however, i'd just like you to know that i'm actually on the phone with a Dell rep right now getting a second 2405FPW ordered up for evaluation.

geez, at least you'd attempt to know a person before accusing them of stuff you know nothing about... lol

dave

You still have not responded to why don't you just be genuine and give us the rep you are dealing with and we can order the hp l2335 ourselves. So we don't have to take up your valuable time? Since you are not making much and you seem to be very busy with your profession... How am I making myself an ass? I just pointed out that the dell 2405 is the best bang for the buck... Any fool knows that the last couple of days... Even you order 2 like you said... Also guess what I think you might not ever get another order for the hp l2335 because it cost too much...

Peter740 said:
You still have not responded to why don't you just be genuine and give us the rep you are dealing with and we can order the hp l2335 ourselves. So we don't have to take up your valuable time? Since you are not making much and you seem to be very busy with your profession... How am I making myself an ass? I just pointed out that the dell 2405 is the best bang for the buck... Any fool knows that the last couple of days... Even you order 2 like you said... Also guess what I think you might not ever get another order for the hp l2335 because it cost too much...

rep i'm dealing with works for my distrib. you couldn't access him anyway, so that's not a valid point. You MUST have an account with Synnex in order to utilize his services. He doesn't sell to non-businesses. If you honestly want to set up an account with Synnex, be my guest: http://www.synnex.com It's an 8 page application or so and requires a valid business/sales tax license to be accepted. Enjoy.

As far as the L2335 orders go, i'm not worried. people who still want them will still get 'em. My name is out there as a possible source, so, good luck to them. I've got school to focus on for right now....

dave

Hey I applaud you for going to school... I am still hoping you would price match the price of the dell 2405fpw for a hp l2335... So I can do some research on the 2 monitors and put out a nice review for the forum users... Come Dave... You can do it... Just this once... Help me to help others out in picking the right monitor...

Peter740 said:
Hey I applaud you for going to school... I am still hoping you would price match the price of the dell 2405fpw for a hp l2335... So I can do some research on the 2 monitors and put out a nice review for the forum users... Come Dave... You can do it... Just this once... Help me to help others out in picking the right monitor...

lol...how about i send them to Kristopher Kubicki @ Anandtech and have him do the comparison?

dave

dave_graham said:
lol...how about i send them to Kristopher Kubicki @ Anandtech and have him do the comparison?

dave
Nah... I am not asking you to give me the hp l2335 for free.. I willing to pay you 860.00 w/ free shipping... Come on Dave.... Do it for the gipper...I promise you will be the first to get my review with special reconition for providing me the hpl2335... Whats losing 800.00 if you can help out this forum end it once and for all....

Happy Hopping said:
w/ these distributors, shipping in USA is free for order over $1700 or so.

yeah, and when i'm buying them one at a time for 1543.00 apiece, i don't qualify for free shipping now, do i?

dave

Peter740 said:
Nah... I am not asking you to give me the hp l2335 for free.. I willing to pay you 860.00 w/ free shipping... Come on Dave.... Do it for the gipper...I promise you will be the first to get my review with special reconition for providing me the hpl2335... Whats losing 800.00 if you can help out this forum end it once and for all....

hehehehe...well, what state you living in? remember, Dell charges tax. My monitor added something like 70.00 tax from dell.

*sigh*

dave

heheheh I have tax exempt certificate on file with dell.. I can provide you with that so I don't get taxed... eheheheheheheh I promise you I will give you special props for sponsoring the monitor for the review... Please Dave.... I hope I can count on you...

Peter740 said:
heheheh I have tax exempt certificate on file with dell.. I can provide you with that so I don't get taxed... eheheheheheheh I promise you I will give you special props for sponsoring the monitor for the review... Please Dave.... I hope I can count on you...

lol

hmmm...to go in debt or not to go in debt? that is the question.

dave

dave_graham said:
yeah, and when i'm buying them one at a time for 1543.00 apiece, i don't qualify for free shipping now, do i?

If you order them one at a time, and can't even stock an extra one, you shouldn't be in retail.

Your HP is a LG philip screen whereas the Dell is a Samsung screen. The Samsung 24" is a high quality screen, so Dell didn't make it.

And as you should know, the entire LCD industry only have 2 vendor in screen--LG Philips, the new IPO, and Samsung.

dave_graham said:
lol

hmmm...to go in debt or not to go in debt? that is the question.

dave

Hey think about it Dave, Its for the forum users... I am merely helping the forum... You make alot on your profession so I don't think going to debt will make a dent on your luxurious lifestyle... I have all the info ready... Please PM or I can call you... Thanks... You the man Dave!

Happy Hopping said:
If you order them one at a time, and can't even stock an extra one, you shouldn't be in retail.

Your HP is a LG philip screen whereas the Dell is a Samsung screen. The Samsung 24" is a high quality screen, so Dell didn't make it.

And as you should know, the entire LCD industry only have 2 vendor in screen--LG Philips, the new IPO, and Samsung.

Please take it easy on my main man Dave... He's had a hard day dealing with knuckle heads like us... I reall think Dave wanted to help people here it is just that we are over zealous of him... I apologize to Dave for any inconvience to him..

There are other panel-makers as well, such as AUO which specializes in the TN+ panels that are so prevailent in the "low response time" cheaper monitors.

Hey sorry to interrupt people, i found a supplier selling hp23 for 1900 aussie dollars im thinking of getting it.
Problem I have jus bought a 6600gt bfg oc and was wondering, will it be able to run everything smoothly with the exception of games in its native resolution.

Or should i try trade the card up to a 6800 256mb bfg or even a x800 xt gecube.

If it will run things cool i might wait til they go down cheaper i guess.

DanielVilla said:
Hey sorry to interrupt people, i found a supplier selling hp23 for 1900 aussie dollars im thinking of getting it.
Problem I have jus bought a 6600gt bfg oc and was wondering, will it be able to run everything smoothly with the exception of games in its native resolution.

it'll run it just fine.

:)

dave

another thing dave, i seen ppl playing movies on this screen and it still has blacklines above and below.
Does it play the normal widescreen 16:9 and fill out the whole monitor ?
Or what ratio does this in dvd movies if any. Thanks

DanielVilla said:

Nobody buy the HP L2335 anymore. For a much lower price and better spec., we moved to the Dell 2405 at US$760-$849.

We have a 89 page thread on it. We buried this HP thread long ago for good reason.
If you can find HP at A$1900, you can find Dell 2405 for much less.
The spec. is

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=320-4221&link_number=

Image Brightness: 500 cd/m²(typical)
Image Contrast Ratio: 1000:1 (typical)
24"

There is a reason why so many join the Dell 2405 thread.

Happy Hopping said:
For a much lower price and better spec., we moved to the Dell 2405 at US$760-$849.
in that thread, where is there info about getting it for $760-$849 ?
+

I've seen the $860 price (and have already purchased and received one for this price... though, it was plus tax).

I was more interested in the 760 price... btw, I thought you were referring to these prices being in that monster thread... I didn't want to try and sift through it.

Thanks.
+

You're welcome. Since the first link is a short thread, just PM puppyfriend and ask him where to get that price, as $760 is a very good deal.

=========

This is his quote

Get a 2405fpw for a little more money. I got mine for $760 + tax

Hello, I recently bought this monitor and I have ATi Radeon X800 Pro. I'm running this on 1920x1200 but I find that resolution very uncomfortable, its very blurry and bad quality. I dont know if it's the monitor or the card. The ATi drivers doesnt seem to support 1680x1050. Any ideas? What resolution are you guys using?

Thanks!

you have to run the HP at native res. ONLY. In which it should be what you stated. 19 x 12.

Having said that, I am using ATI X300 and have a lot of problems, in the end, either switch to Nvidia or re-install the ATI driver. In the worse case, you can try to re-format the hard drive and re-install XP Pro and ATI drive.

Thanks alot. I'm considering switching to Nvidia, but I'm gonna give this a little more time. :rolleyes: What Color modes are you using on the monitor itself? The default settings are 6500 K sRGB but using that I notice a pink color on the screen. :(

Wow, nice thread! I'm juuuuust about to put in my order for this display, but have one question that I haven't seen addressed yet. What is the surface quality of the screen? I don't want one that's glossy, and I don't want one that's "glittery," like the Apple displays. The other HP displays I have seen were not glossy, so I'm assuming this one isn't either. But I have read here and elsewhere that this is the same screen as the Apple 23", which makes me wonder if it's also glittery.

Here is what I mean by "glittery:" take a window that's got a few square inches of pure white. Jiggle it a bit by dragging it in small circles. Do you see sparkles, graininess, or glittering in the white area? The Apple is the only screen I saw that had this kind of surface, and I want to avoid it!

So somebody please tell me there is no glitter, and I will order mine tomorrow!!

Thanks!
Jeff

The screen is not glossy, but it is glittery. It doesn't bother most people, and some people don't notice it, which is why nobody has mentioned it, but I know exactly what you're talking about. From what I've read, that's a characteristic of IPS panels, so all monitors that use the same 23" LG S-IPS panel should have that effect. If you want a large widescreen display that isn't glittery, check out the Dell 2405FPW. It uses a 24" Samsung S-PVA panel, so it doesn't suffer from that effect.

Ah, sucks! I haven't heard that was a characteristic of S-IPS panels. I don't think the Eizo and LaCie I saw had the glittery surface.

Gotta do some more research... S-IPS was recommended for my purpose, retouching (accurate color and contrast, shadow and highlight detail). Any other 23" S-IPS screens out there? Going back to the forum for some reading now...

Can any other owners of this display comment on the surface?

Thanks,
Jeff

BTW, are there any stores that have this display on display? Nationwide chains or in So Cal.

Thanks.
Jeff

Jeff, nobody buy this anymore. The price of this piece of sh*t is very high compares to the 24" Dell, and you gain 1 in. of screen real estate for a lesser price. Better spec.

Back