Outpost.com/Fry's Seagate 200GB IDE for $60 after rebate

This is also good in the stores. I picked up two at the Downers Grove store Saturday, they had over 100 when I called there around 4PM.

UGH!!! yeah both my orders got canceled, they even had me call in to verify thecredit card, and then canceled me,, GRRR

There were still plenty this morning when I picked one up. The stock is pretty fresh, I got a 5 year warranty drive.

when did u order it? he said over the phone that if u ordered on the 3rd or 4th that u would get ur order, they said their supplier only shipping them 1200 drives, and wont extend the rebate,, ugh i placed mine on the 6th

ARGH!! I just got this in my email, I'm about to call them:

"Thank you for your order! We apologize but the item(s) you
ordered is currently out of stock and we are unable to provide a
definite ship date at this time. However, we continually receive
new merchandise in our warehouse and we hope to fulfill your
order within the next thirty days or sooner if possible.

At this time, your order is still pending and will ship as soon
as the item(s) is in stock."

EDIT: and I ordered on the 3rd btw :(

Phew! After a lot of holding, I got some lady saying that they expect to be back in stock by the 9th of this month... sure hope it happens.

Renegade_Azzy said:
Same boat here, Ive only seen a Fry's once while in NYC.
That wasn't a fry's electronics. They don't have stores there (yet).

thats Bullshite they never emailed me a confirmation receipt so i have no way of knowing whether or not i am gonna get one.
probably not since i ordered it on Friday night.
are they still honoring the deal if you placed an order? or when they restock do you have to pay the original price

DOES ANYBODY HAVE A SAVED PDF OF THE REBATE FORM!? I saved it somewhere on one of my 4 computers, but I'm not entirely sure where. (yeah, I'm a tool.) I just received the drive, but the rebate ain't on their website anymore... HELP!

PLEASE! :p

look on slickdeals.net in the comment section for that , reabte is posted there

Holy crap, thanks a bunch. Saved me from almost certain screwdriver through eye syndrome :D :D :D :D

welcomerain said:
my harddrive was on backorder so i decided to cancel it.
Should've waited till at least tomorrow, they've been saying a restock is in order for tomorrow... if not, THEN cancel... ah well ;)

I ordered on the 4th and I am on backorder. They didnt try to cancel the order or anything.

Ponderous... they still say they'll come in today... although those that have been cancelled are definitely cancelled. So hopefully by tomorrow we'll stop getting that "back ordered" on the tracking.

damnit u canceled ur back order,,, i would have loved that..... mine was canceled

Mine shipped out on the 3rd but I still haven't gotten it. DHL sucks. They claim they attempted to deliver on Tuesday but no notice was on my door and I was home when they say they tried. And they haven't even attempted since. Yesterday and today don't show up on tracking at all. So mine is probably sitting lost in their warehouse :mad: Now to get Outpost to refund my shipping and bitch at DHL some more.

Anyone that was on backorder recieve it yet? Mine still says backordered and I ordered at 4am on the 4th.

I'll have to cancel soon because the rebate won't be good.... I think that is what they are waiting for. : (

You do not have to cancel it soon. You have to have it postmarked before 10/7/2004, which still gives you 3 weeks of time. I'd start getting worried if October 1st comes by and you haven't heard anything. I will probably cancel the order October 1st if it is still on backorder during that time.

BUT...doesn't it have to have been PURCHASED by a certain date??? They don't charge you until they ship the product I thought...

I don't know bout that...I always thought that they bill you when they have the product and bill you...but before that you're just in their computers...no bill yet...no charge...the rebate says must be PURCHASED...purchased means they have billed you...they can't bill you until they ship the item...

order info
Order Number: J6322912
Order Date: SEP 04, 2004 12:09 PM

That's all you need, thats what they have online and thats what will get you the rebate. By all means, cancel your orders if you dont believe me. I'm not going to argue about it :cool:

Quote from Fry's/Outpost: "You will not be billed until the product has been shipped."
Quote from rebate: "Purchase date determined by date on receipt/invoice."

That "receipt/invoce" is the bill you get when you recieve the product...and they say that they don't bill you until the product has been shipped...it HASN'T been shipped cause they don't have it in yet...the date on the "receipt/invoice" will be whatever date they send the item...

Well to put and end to this argument, i "placed an order back when they had the special (sept 4th) and i just recieved the HDD today. Its says on the invoice (which is what you send in to claim your rebate) Sept. 20. So they didnt actually bill me until the 20th. So i wont be able to get the rebate.
But since you can send a copy of the invoice i think im going to photoshop out the 9/20/04 and make it say 9/4/04. Hope it works.

guber42 said:
i just recieved the HDD today. Its says on the invoice (which is what you send in to claim your rebate) Sept. 20. So they didnt actually bill me until the 20th. So i wont be able to get the rebate.
laughing1.gif
Told ya so!!! Now get on yer knees and
hail.gif

Metallica_Band said:
laughing1.gif
Told ya so!!! Now get on yer knees and
hail.gif

And to think I was all excited about getting this thing in the mail today :( .... well, my invoice has both 9/4/04 and 9/20/04 on it and pretty close to eachother, with no real indication of the ship date... but i'm sure they know which is which :mad: I'm gonna mail the rebate anyway, and maybe write a letter while I'm at it too... Good luck with the photochopping!

if the invoice has 9/4 on it you should be good. just make sure u highlight that date or make it visible some way before you send it in

I didn't cancel it. It shipped yesterday and I got it today. And purchased means ordered, not billed.

well i goofed, i just realized that it also says 9/04/04 right next to 09/20/04.
Im pretty sure that they will still give you the rebate cuz why else would they put this date there?
i think ill forget about the photoshopping thing and just send it.

Yeah I made a copy and used a yellow hilighter on my name, address, order date and the drive description.

Back