Outpost.com/Fry's Seagate 200GB IDE for $60 after rebate

For those of you who DOUBTED, I would like to say........... I TOLD YOU SO AND YOU DIDN'T LISTEN:

Check Status of Rebate

Tracking Results: Status Details

Rebate: $60.00 Rebate Check
Rebate Information
Promotion: 04-82862 $60 Mail in Rebate with Purchase of Seagate 200GB ATA Hard Drive from Fry's Electronics or Outpost.com
Submission Type: MAIL-IN
Date Received: 10-06-2004
Status Detail: Your rebate has been entered and is scheduled for final processing.

Well this puts a nice ending on my already hectic and @#$%ty day.

Track Your Rebate

Check Status of Rebate
Rebate: No Reward Will Be Issued
Rebate Information For: xxxxxxxxxx
Promotion: 04-82862 $60 Mail in Rebate with Purchase of Seagate 200GB ATA Hard Drive from Fry's Electronics or Outpost.com
Date Received: 10-06-2004
Status Detail: Invalid.
Invalid Reason: Missing Original UPC
200GB ATA Hard Drive Missing: UPC
200GB ATA Hard Drive Missing: Serial Number

How nice. Those assholes. I cut out the whole thing and sent it in. I can't believe this shit.

theHeat said:

How nice. Those assholes. I cut out the whole thing and sent it in. I can't believe this shit.

Wow that sucks.

theHeat said:

That does suck. You should call their number (or email) and complain. I had a refund denied by officemax so I sent them an email stating how I sent in everything in accordance with their rules yet they rejected my refund anyway and how it doesn't seem very lawful. They then informed me that they decided to approve the refund.

Also, you should always make copies of everything you send in just in case they try to pull crap like this.

GoCanes said:
The Golden Rule... ^_^
Agreed. It may be annoying to have to keep all these copies of rebate stuff, but it is worth it when they screw up your refund.

It sucks because it's not exactly the easiest task to stick a thick cardboard piece with the UPC on it through my copier. I don't have a flatbed copier, just one of those rolling ones :(

What was the domain on the email that was sent to you? I would like to make sure my SPAM filter doesn't block it.

Thanks.

theHeat said:
It sucks because it's not exactly the easiest task to stick a thick cardboard piece with the UPC on it through my copier. I don't have a flatbed copier, just one of those rolling ones :(

What I do is carefully separate the top layer of the cardboard from the middle layer and back layer. Then I tape it along with the receipt and rebate form to a 8.5x11 sheet and feed that through my copier/fax. Then I just fold up the sheet with all the info taped to it up, stuff it in the labled envelope and mail away.

my rebate isn't in their system.. i sent it in the day after i got the drive, i'm positive i did everything properly yet it's not in their rebate system

me being the idiot i am i didn't make photocopies of the rebates and the rebate center can't do anything about it (all i have is the outpost confirmation e-mail)

so i'm out money

f u outpost
f u seagate
f u mail in rebates

(yes i should have made copies... but in the end mail in rebates suck - outpost/seagate had a deal with the mail in rebate and it is my suspicion that all mail in rebate companies throw out a few rebates hoping people like me don't make backups)

:(

my rebate isnt in their system either, even though I mailed the rebate out on Sep. 30... :rolleyes:

Exactly why I don't support mail in rebates . . Over ten years, I've tracked $3000 in lost rebate money . . . times a million people in my shoes in the United States, thats a lot of money . .

Biggest offenders:
1. CompUSA.
2. BestBuy
3. Circuit City

Iv'e learned if they can't give you an instant rebate, I would take a pass.

JMM

Damn, I seen this thread being bumped and I was liek omg they got antoher 200gig drive for 60$:eek:

Mine is showing up now even though I didn't recieve an email confirmation.

It took quite a while for it to show up. You all may still get yours to show up, yet.

Now lets see if they send a check.

Rebate: $50.00 Rebate Check
Rebate Information For: xxxxxx xxxxxxxx 78256
Promotion: 04-83830 $50 Mail in Rebate with Purchase of Seagate 200GB ATA Hard Drive from Fry's Electronics or Outpost.com
Date Received: 10-11-2004
Status Detail: Your rebate has been entered and is scheduled for final processing.

well... that's a start :)

randy_tho said:
Thats where I am. I guess "final processing" is cutting a check?

you would think that, but no, the final processing, still involes trying to figure out if the rebate can still be rejected. They will be inspected by Midgets in tutu's while eating Ice Cream, If they spill on your rebate, it's a auto reject.

Step 1 : fill rebate out right
Step 2: " "
Step 3: profit

Have 2 rebates at this process, hope I get them

sc0tty8 said:
Don't tell me you ppl are bitching about not getting a rebate yet...most take 3-12 weeks...

i know it takes 3-12 weeks to receive the check

mine isn't even showing up on the site (as with a few others)

Date Received: 10-11-2004
Status Detail: Your rebate is valid and is scheduled for final processing.

dang, i saw this and was about to jump on it.. itd take me up to 600 gb. then ST3200822A RK showed up for $139.99 :( oh well. too bad i didnt see this when the thread started..

Yeah.. sorry. Probably shouldn't have brought it back but thought it would be helpful to those that are waiting.

Can they put a "deal dead" up?

I have confirmation email as well.

I still haven't hooked the darn thing up. I'd like to turn it into a linux internet, media player.
Vette

I got in on this ripoff.
I have received 2 cards in 2 days telling me the HD serial number was invalid for the rebate.
So last friday I called Segate. They didn't want to talk to me. I told them to put someone in charge on the phone. I got a guy in tech support. How sounded like he cared (yea right) I told him what was going on and he said he had no idea, that they used a 3rd party co to handle rebates. I also told him that the HD serial number was on the tag that was removed from the box. They said why did they want serial number?
I knew something was up so I called the state attorney generals office, they want segate and outpost names, addresses etc.....

maybe outpost was selling drives not eligable for the rebate..this should be fun

sparks

I have had the same experience as sparks. I sent mine in and ended up calling them to be told it wasn't an eligable drive. I sent outpost.com and email too and it has been silence from them as well. I guess I will follow suit and report them to the BBB.

firestarter said:
I have had the same experience as sparks. I sent mine in and ended up calling them to be told it wasn't an eligable drive. I sent outpost.com and email too and it has been silence from them as well. I guess I will follow suit and report them to the BBB.

About a month ago on the rebate website it showed my rebate as rejected because it was not a "Retail Hardrive" so I called Outpost and they told me to fax them all the stuff I sent for the rebate. A couple of days later, the rebate site showed it back as "final processing"......

I got the same problem as the above guys. Got two lil post card sized notices from seagate saying:
Dear Consumer:
Thank you for participating in this promotion. Unfortunately we could not honor your request due to the following reason(s):
92862 $60 Mail in Rebate with Purchase of Seagate 200GB ATA Hard Drive from Fry's Electronics or Out - Serial number submitted is not a Seagate retail hard drive serial number

It goes on to say i can resubmit for this offer if i return the post card with the "validating information". so this is my question: Is the serial number the actual serial number, or as it said on the rebate form, "Retail Kit Number" (which is STXXXXXXXA-RK). I don't know what the hell their problem is, i sent in both, the original from the box non the less!

Also, what number are you guys calling for seagate? I want me money! :mad:

Back