Outpost.com/Fry's Seagate 200GB IDE for $60 after rebate

sunnuva... I got the same 2 post cards in the mail. So help me, if I don't get my money back, someone will get shit on. This time, it won't be me.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Well to me the REAL rip off is outpost if they were selling drives that are NOT the rebate drives. BUT I bet that the 3rd party processor that segate is blaming everything on is the real ripoff.. most of these sites are promiced a comission on every rebate they can deny for any reason. I also beleive that they are denying so many just in hopes that we will quit asking for the rebate and then they get half of it.
4 and a half months to process and tell me its denied what kind of bullsh%$ is this and then to tell me to resubmit when they have EVERY piece of info that they requested in the first place..

the L O N GGGGG delay is a good sign of a rip off

sparks

Isn't this illegal tho??? There's got to be something in their actions that's against the law...

EDIT: Is this what you guys have??:
Status Your rebate is valid and is in the final stages of processing. You should receive
Detail: your rebate per the terms and conditions listed on the coupon.

Just got the same two cards in the mail last night. Needless to say I am not very happy. I will be calling Seagate as well. If that doesn't work I am going back to the local Fry's and demanding a $60 store credit.

I've had good luck using the BBB to go after bastard companies in the past so I will request their assistance again if they don't send me my money.

after calling them and bitching a lot last week.
NOW I go to see the status of my rebate and it can't be found.
MAN I HAVE HAD IT.
BBB or state attorney generals office or both?????

fraud or theft by deception ?????

sparks

Come on guys...plz answer my question on post #123...I need to know if that's the same message you guys are getting...

HOLY SHIT! :mad: After reading some of your posts I decided to recheck my status even though it said it was valid and due for processing when I did it a couple weeks back. My shock when I just checked and saw this.....

image00045qd.jpg

How can they frigging do this especialy being that it was one time valid? Has anyone been able to fix this problem? I so pissed because I lose about $70 because of another deal I had going that invloved this rebate. :mad:

This is odd. Mines was received on 10-06-2004 and at one point it said invalid but a few days after it said it was invalid, it went back to final processing and has stayed like that since.

I have recieved one of the seagate rebates but I am still waiting for 2 more that are valid and another one hasnt even shown up yet. I have recieved 4 of the Western Digital rebates that were $30 each, already, but I bought most of those after the seagates, : (

Same care and bullshit about invalid serial number.

Im going to bug Seagate corporate, and Frys, on the phone number fon the postcard, in email, and in snail mail with my "resubmission."

I sent them this....

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

To Whom It May Concern:

I recently bought a new Seagate hard drive from Outpost.com. It has a $50 rebate offered as an incentive to buy this hard drive. Just a day ago I received a post card from you telling me you would not honor this promotion because the “Serial number submitted is not a Seagate retail hard drive serial number.” It also states resubmission can be done with validating information by 01/12/2005.

It in fact is a Seagate retail hard drive serial number. You need to manage your rebates better. The fact you also give me a total of 8 days to get it back to you makes me suspicious. Enclosed with this resubmission letter is a photocopy of the original UPC code, a photo copy of the entire Seagate hard drive box, the resubmission card folded to fit in a standard envelope, and a copy of the original receipt.

Let me tell you, rebates annoy me greatly. I have not heard of a person who likes them. But we submit them as needed anyway. I hope I get my $50 rebate from Seagate. I have had no trouble from other companies for rebates. Id hate to have to prohibit myself from future purchases of Seagate products due to non compliance to your own rebates. If all else fails, I will be forced to notify the Wisconsin Consumer Protection Agency.

So am I good if mine says the following or should I worry???
Status Your rebate is valid and is in the final stages of processing. You should receive
Detail: your rebate per the terms and conditions listed on the coupon.

I got mine, I tihnk the next mail in rebate I do, I am going to bring the reciept and proof of purchase to work and make a copy...

I bet if you push it hard enouhg, you can get your rebate.

I called the number on the card - 1-800-753-9823 and was essentially told it will be investigated....?

:eek:

Don't settle for what they tell you. I've called 4 times now and got different responses from different CSR's. Anything from "Oh, we'll take care of that" (no kidding) to "It will be escalated to our investigation department". The last CSR told me there was essentially NOTHING they could do and urged me to call Seagate myself at 877-271-3285. I haven't been able to get ahold of them yet, but by golly when I do...

UPDATE:

I just got off the phone with a Seagate sales rep, who, actually <b>called me back</b>. Whoever heard of that? Real nice guy, forget his name, gave me the what-he-got-me-to-believe truth. He explained that this is a big fiasco and apologized for the lack of professional behavior experienced here.

Number I called and left a msg at was 877-271-3285.

Apparently this is one of the first rebates ever offered by Seagate. The Tiawanese company who checks all of the serial numbers for the rebates did not receive a full listing of all valid serial numbers for this particular offer. This obviously caused many conflicts with what should've been valid rebates. Once the CSR checked the serial, he then emailed the rebate department explaining to them that my serial should be vaild.
In 1-3 business days, I should be able to check with the rebate company (800-753-9823) and my info should be updated and should receive my check within 3 weeks.

We will wait until then, but at least I am relieved and awaiting my vaild rebate submission now.

Metallica_Band:
I had something like that too, not the same exact wording, it was something like "Your rebate was recieved and valid and ready for final processing" Don't really remember the exact wording. Anywho, it was like that for quite some time, and then i got those two postcards telling me my serial # was invalid.

Triolent:
Thanks for the advice! i'm glad everything (hopefully) got cleared up, I'll try calling that number too.

I just have a general question: is all this even legal? on the rebate form itself, it "claims will be proccessed and paid within 8 to 10 weeks". I submitted my rebate around 9/7/04 and i didnt hear anything but "Your cleared for final processing" till week 16ish.

I just received the card in the mail saying that the hardrive was not a retail drive so the rebate is invalid. I am going to have to call Outpost, Seagate, and the BBB this week.

i got my seagate rebate ( 50 dollar rebate ) in the mail last month, after 4 months. 2 months into the process i checekd and it wasnt even posted.. so yeah mine came here.

Just got off the phone with them.
I called the number on the card - 1-800-753-9823 and FINALLY got to talk to someone live.
Well almost ROFL

ok they gave me the same info...but when I pushed it they said the invalid serial numbers were being reversed.
Then she finally said she had changed my status and it would be mailed to me

ARE YOU READY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in 4-6 weeks

WTF

so they are right back to normal...only 6 months behind
what a bunch of bs....NEVER do another seagate anything again

sparks

Rebate=whole lot of hassle. I have dealt with rebates in the past, not a pleasant experience even with the big companies. I had major problems with Sony and Samsung in the past. :mad: The only company that I received my rebate from is WD.

I called Seagate and they told me that they fixed a problem with the rebates, and that my rebate is valid and I will see the check within 30 days.... :eek:

Moosh said:
I called Seagate and they told me that they fixed a problem with the rebates, and that my rebate is valid and I will see the check within 30 days.... :eek:

Can I get this number please?

I sent an email to seagate last tuesday and just got a reply from them today. Basically they told me to call the number on the card :mad:

Moral of the story: dont bother talking to seagate, just call the # on the card

GodsMadClown said:
Neither me. I sure hope it comes. I mailed it the day after I got the drive.

Received my rebate today.

I'd never been able to find my rebate on the Seagate rebates site, so I'd given up any hope of getting it. Still, there's no deniying that there was a $60 check in the mail today. Will wonders ever cease?

Both of my rebates are ready tos hip out in 30 days after I bitched them out and left a very very upset message to their voice mail. None the less they called right back but I was gone at the time so I checked the website today and it's ready to ship in 30 days. Awesome. Here's the number to call seagate # 1-877-271-3285 but don't wait on the line just leave a voicemail after they close and they will shortly call you back (it works I guarrantee it) good luck!

I sent off the rebate late September and received it late December without a hiccup outside of waiting two weeks for the drive to ship from Outpost.com due to backorder. Just recently purchased another Seagate rebate drive from Best Buy, going to see how that one fares in light of the problems experienced here.

Had the same probs .... mailed my $60 Seagate rebate in Sept...had to call the number
on the rebate 4 times....each time was given some lame excuse...finally the rebate arrived
yesterday.

Now the previous two seagate drives I bought with rebate had no probs...the rebate came within 4-5 weeks after mailing...that's why I bought the third drive without hesitation.

I got my check today, sure i mailed it in like 5 months ago, but i never had to call or write, patience is a virtue i guess

I had to call in about the rebate last month. They waited 12 weeks to reject it even though it was submitted properly (bogus "serial number is not a retail seagate drive" excuse... it was cut from the box). :rolleyes:

I did get the $60 check yesterday, but i'm not going to do Seagate rebates anymore.

WTF!!! I just got a Seagate rebate from a BF deal at Office Max...maybe the prob is something other than Seagate...:confused:...why would one not take so long for one rebate and the other take a long ass time??? I STILL haven't gotten the one that YOU guys are waiting for...

I just got two rebates back from Fry's/Seagate deals, both of which I received cards saying, "You messed up and didn't send us something." I think their rebate center is just all jacked up.
I got:
1x $40 - 200GB ST3200822A-RK
1x $50 - 160GB ST3160023A-RK

If you want someone to harass, both of the checks are labeled:
Seagate
PO Box 469
Coppel, TX 75019

SOLUTRAN
An Affiliate of
Citizens State Bank
Waverly, MN 55390
75-1687/919

Similarly, I got a "Mad Dog" MIR check from the same company, with the same "Coppel, TX" address.

AHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! My whole thing just disappeared!!!! It's not there anymore!!! The one I got from BF is there but not the one I've been waiting for!!!!! WTF do I do now??? Can someone tell me the date the rebate offer was so I can track down my copied stuff...I copied all my stuff before sending them...

Metallica_Band said:
AHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! My whole thing just disappeared!!!!
Just call the number on the rebate form. The CSR will be able to "fix" it for you.

Back