Outpost.com/Fry's Seagate 200GB IDE for $60 after rebate

^^
Dates for you sir:

160GB - ST3160023A-RK
Purchase dates: 10/29/2004 - 11/11/2004

200GB - ST3200822A-RK
Purchase dates: 10/1/2004 - 10/21/2004

Yay I finally got my $50.00 rebate today. I purchased my 200gb HD in october and they received the info on 10-28-2004. So just a tad over 3 months :p

I just got off the phone with Seagate, I gave them the rebate ID from the postcard and before I could start bitchin' I was told "We are going to fix this for you right away because you are a valuable customer". It seems enough people have called complaining that it is pretty painless to fix this now. The only problem is that I bought these going on six months ago and the rebate check will not arrive for another 4-6 weeks.

Soooo irritated, it takes 5 months to get my check, then i go to the bank to cash the damn thing and there is confusion, the head teller gets called over and i learn that my check Has been made out to an Aaron Doyle !??? and as a reslut they cant do anything with it because my name isn't Doyle, nevermind the addresses match and the first letter is correct, ooo and the "L" is in the right place. GRRRRRR! Get off the phone with Seagate, they actualy have a message up now appologising for the numerous rebate issues, End result at at this point: I'll get a new check in the next 2 weeks. Guess what? This is the last rebate i'm ever doing.

Well I called the # but they needed the serial # of my hard-drive and I couldn't provide it. I tried giving them the ST3200822A-RK that is listed on Outpost.com's website, but they said it was invalid.

Anyone have any idea what I need to do? What's the correct serial number? I didn't make a photocopy of my own (what a chump, I expected this shit to work) so I can't give them my own.

I wish I was as lucky as funeral.

got my check earlier this week. $50 from seagate and the $40 maddog DVD burner...
final price(s): 200GB seagate for $60 and 4x +/- RW (Toshiba drive in Maddog box) for $10

This is the first rebate I have ever had such problems with. I think the $50-$60 saved is not worth the irritation all of us have went through.

theHeat said:
Well I called the # but they needed the serial # of my hard-drive and I couldn't provide it. I tried giving them the ST3200822A-RK that is listed on Outpost.com's website, but they said it was invalid.

Anyone have any idea what I need to do? What's the correct serial number? I didn't make a photocopy of my own (what a chump, I expected this shit to work) so I can't give them my own.

I wish I was as lucky as funeral.

Your serial number should be printed on the top of the Seagate HDD.

theheat,

Call them back and tell them you have no idea what the s/n is. Tell them you bought this at Fry's as a retail drive filled everything out properly and sent it in. Reference this thread and the fact that many people have reported this issue as being on Seagates end, not the customers. I am sure if you push them politely you can get them to cut the check. Tell them how you have filled out numerous rebates and never had a problem, but suddenly you and many other people are having problems with their Seagate rebates. If they don't budge ask for a manager and tell them you and a friend went to Fry's the same day and had the same problem and when he called they processed his rebate right away and you do not understand what the problem is.

Good luck...

Well reading all these stories about rebates with seagate, I think I will actually purchase their 160GB for $100 and a $50 MIR. I can wait 3 months, No problem, just as long as I get it. I'll make a ton of copies, that way, they have to send it to me . :D

Hey guys.... here is the latest on my rebate. After four months, finally it goes through:

Check Status of Rebate

Tracking Results: Status Details

Rebate: $60.00 Rebate Check
Rebate Information For:
Promotion: 04-82862 $60 Mail in Rebate with Purchase of Seagate 200GB ATA Hard Drive from Fry's Electronics or Outpost.com
Submission Type: MAIL-IN
Date Received: 10-06-2004
Check Issue Date: 02-11-2005
Check Number:
Status Detail: Your rebate is valid. Please allow up to 30 days to receive your rebate.

Total turn around time, FIVE MONTHS!!

Whats the phone # to call seagate? I just got around to checking the status of my rabate and its cancelled even tho I know I did everything right.

I don't have the phone number, but I wanted to mention I just got the rebate check last week. It took a little more then 4 months and a lot of drama to get that check.

Back