Post a screenshot of your linux!

Chibo said:
chibo-hf.png

Slackware 9.1 on 2.6.8.1
Gnome 2.8

Background, please. That will look great on my widescreen laptop.

I have been feeling rather minimalistic as of late, so here is my FreeBSD 5.3-BETA5 screenshot. Fluxbox-devel, a few dockapps off to the left, and xmms on screen.
screenshot.png

EmbraceThePenguin said:
Draconius,

What theme is that. I love the menu bar and the "Fluid" look of it...

Thanks!!!

Joe

It is called Cthulhain, and it comes right with fluxbox iirc. I also really like the theme, and sort of 'built the look & feel' around the theme (skins, wallpaper, etc)

<EDIT>
I realize that you might be talking about the xmms / winamp skin...its called plastyk....I like it alot too :)

draconius said:
It is called Cthulhain, and it comes right with fluxbox iirc. I also really like the theme, and sort of 'built the look & feel' around the theme (skins, wallpaper, etc)

<EDIT>
I realize that you might be talking about the xmms / winamp skin...its called plastyk....I like it alot too :)

HAHA... Yeah. I thought that was the menu bar. Looks like I need glasses :-D..

Thanks for the info !!!

Joe

Well here is my first ever attempt at moding the look and feel of my desktop. Got the image from deviantart.com, and messed with the colors in the Flux theme. (using fluxbox 9.10 on Slackware 10 & X.org 6.7)

MyDesktop.png

Ok, a lot of people have cool performance monitoring tools, and weather tools. Whats the name of these cool tools? Thanks.

Mandrake 10:
Dell 9100
Everything works including Dell internal wireless
I can even print to my Windows Shared printer
Linux and Windows are playing very nice.

Screenshot.jpg

does this count?
linuxdesk.jpg

it's my fileserver (in putty). rh8 - been around for awhile.

DR_K13 said:
my 1st try at taking a screenshot with the gimp, hope it turns out well
my linux folding boxen.

[IM G]http://members.cox.net/smanning77/seannn.bmp[/IMG]
so you can use gimp and use linux, but still save your screenshot in BMP? :rolleyes:

Arkanian said:
Mandrake 10:
Dell 9100
Everything works including Dell internal wireless
I can even print to my Windows Shared printer
Linux and Windows are playing very nice.

Screenshot.jpg

say can I get a link to that wallpaper? its pimp!

Yeah, looks like the new 2.2.4 version. I like the way the fonts look on that version for some reason. They look clearer.

Here is mine again with the new version of Gkrellm2

currentscreenshot.jpg

Yea, its just one of the newer versions of gkrellm. I just wish I could get the fan and temp sensors working on this box. Its an Abit AV8 board so if any one has info, let me know :D

EmbraceThePenguin said:
Yeah, looks like the new 2.2.4 version. I like the way the fonts look on that version for some reason. They look clearer.

Here is mine again with the new version of Gkrellm2

currentscreenshot.jpg

You have the Sweetest Desktop ever, what distro and skins?

AMDXPCottonFire22 said:
You have the Sweetest Desktop ever, what distro and skins?
I also just noticed "steam" running. LOL
I am not a CS fan, but I know a few.

Yeah, It play Day Of Defeat mainly, but I just got CS:Source and its pretty sweet. However, it doesnt yet work on Cedega :(

Thanks for the kudos on the desktop. Its Gentoo using Fluxbox, gDesklets, Gkrellm and some other stuff..

Joe

just started seriously using linux finally this week. so 7 days in, heres what ive got.......
fedora core 2, fluxbox, and gkrellm

fluxboxdesk.jpg

Heres my new desktop. No karamba this time. Anyone know how to change the color of the application boxes at the bottom or make them transparent?
snapshot5.jpg

I thought this thread could use a little bump, so I decided to post a shot of my new WindowMaker 0.91 setup, with the new alt-tab pane that I spent time theming. By the way, if you need to make small icons or anything, ImageMagick is great for that sort of thing.

test-screenshot2.png

FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE
X.org 6.7 with lots of anti-aliased goodies
WindowMaker 0.91 with the same theme I've been using for probably five years now
xmms
aterm
Firefox (at 2cpu.com---gratuitous site plug)
mirrorblob from XScreenSaver running in a window (probably one of my favorite screensavers)
Various dockapps (wmCalClock, wmmon x 3, wmnet, wmxmms, XScreenSaver.App---a FreeBSD port I maintain)

FreeBSD can look nice.

Back