SOYO 24" DYLM24D6 Official Thread

I love mine. Games look great and no ghosting or other problems. Great monitor for the price. :)

yesterday I encountered a MAJOR problem when i play games. i've only tested bioshock and fear and it happens in both, just a lot more in bioshock. in bioshock, it seems like there's all sorts of gray squares that flash everywhere... sort of like an old-school dos game in a terminal. i've posted pictures (taken with my cell phone. ignore the yellow tint). it looks just like the pictures only imagine all the gray squares are flashing

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee275/weizilla1/1105070200.jpg
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee275/weizilla1/1105070201.jpg

i just brought one today and i've been running it since noon. i noticed as well that a lot of heat comes off this sucker and a faint burning plastic smell coming off the top if i stick my nose right next to the monitor. i'm not sure if it's because of some manufacturing coating but it probably isn't good.

since a lot of people complain about problems and that it might be connected to the heat issue (and i'm still in my 14 day return policy), i might mod my monitor for better heat dispersion. did anyone notice that the holes at the top on the back are pointed away from the screen horizontally? it seems like they should be pointing vertically if you're looking to disperse heat. i was thinking of taking my dremel and cut some vertical slits between the holes. i just have to figure out how to do it so soyo/office max will still take this under warrenty if it breaks for some reason
why don't you just take the back of the case and put some 40mm fans blowing air out the top?

Hmm, mine puts out less heat than my 22" Westinghouse. It's an 07/2007.

Hmm, mine puts out less heat than my 22" Westinghouse. It's an 07/2007.

Same here, I't's definately no hotter than other monitors in that size range! BTW, I did turn the brightness down a bit, and I think that reduced the heat output some.

It's also nice to hear some positive comments on this monitor. I have yet to see a 24" that has this PQ!

Can anyone who has gamed extensively on this monitor comment on the validity of the review.

"Gamers looking for a panel with a really good response time and very low smearing during fast-action games should look elsewhere. No LCD we have ever seen has totally eliminated the "smear" you get as objects move rapidly across the screen and pixels change color, but most of them do a better job of minimizing the effect than this one does. It's not as bad as LCDs commonly were a few years ago, but it's not up to the standards of today's newer monitors."

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/...2211599,00.asp

Can anyone who has gamed extensively on this monitor comment on the validity of the review.

"Gamers looking for a panel with a really good response time and very low smearing during fast-action games should look elsewhere. No LCD we have ever seen has totally eliminated the "smear" you get as objects move rapidly across the screen and pixels change color, but most of them do a better job of minimizing the effect than this one does. It's not as bad as LCDs commonly were a few years ago, but it's not up to the standards of today's newer monitors."

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/...2211599,00.asp

This review was brought up in a thread over at ocforums. I, among others, see no ghosting whatsoever in various FPS games (Crysis, BF2, Painkiller, COD4, etc).

I am playing hellgate london at 1920x1200 without any tearing/ghosting etc.....

The only game i ever got ghosting in was medal of honor airborne and it was minor. But that game is crap to begin with.Today I played cod 4 without any ghosting at all.all my other games play flawless. You cant beat this monitor for the price.The best 300usd I ever spent.:D

Finally I decided it was time to give LCD monitors a try. I had been using a Sony Trinitron CRT for the past 8 years and it was getting a little blurry.
I started playing Oblivion and the colors and sharpness are out of this world during scenes in the daylight.

But when there is dark scenes and having my caracther going into caves and mines it doesn't look black were it was looking black in the CRT. On the LCD it is just like different shades of grey and very deep grey.

But when there is dark scenes and having my caracther going into caves and mines it doesn't look black were it was looking black in the CRT. On the LCD it is just like different shades of grey and very deep grey.

Try different RGB callibration settings, you can get pretty nice blacks.

This seems like the best bang for your buck. However, I see a lot of people returning theirs for defects, not once but multiple times. Has anyone had theirs for several months with no problems?

Had mine for 1-1.5 months I think, no major problems. 3 or 4 times it's gotten all weird and sparkly on me, but I just turn it off and on and the problem's gone. I still think it was an awesome deal, but I got the 1 yr OfficeMax coverage just in case, haha.

hello. I'm new to this forum and hardforum. Just bought this monitor yesterday and going through burnin now. This is my first LCD. Can you guys help with some stuff. I want to use the monitor to watch HD movies. Will I be able to. But first what I did was get a couple of things from amazon. My cuurent video card is a radieon 1100 VGA, ok I know, but I just bought a PNY 8500 with 512 on it that is suppose to do HD. I also bought a Pinnicle HD PCI card-waiting to be mailed from amazon. The Video card has VGA and DVI-my other did not have DVI only VGA so I'm currently getting an analog signal. Since this monitor is not HDCP I'm wondering if I'll be able to use the monitor to watch HD movies and pick up HD broadcasts from local stations...thank you

November 06 SOYO Inc. (OTCBB:SOYO), an innovative provider of computer and consumer electronics, today announced that they are set to debut their line of Honeywell LCD TVs and LCD Monitors at the annual Consumer Electronics Show (CES), which will be held from January 7, 2008 to January 10, 2008 in Las Vegas, Nevada. Also on display will be the line of the Honeywell SecuraDrive(tm) 1.8 inch Hard Drives. Edward O'Brien, Director of Marketing for SOYO said, "CES will mark the launching point for SOYO's Honeywell brand of consumer electronics products. This also marks SOYO's first time formally introducing our LCD products as a member of CEA. CES is the perfect platform for the debut because it draws top industry professionals, the nation's major retailers, buyers and Global media coverage. This show is considered the most important show of the year in the consumer electronics industry, and has brought in record numbers of attendance for the last two years. We are looking forward to introducing SOYO's Honeywell brand of consumer electronics products and are excited for the industry and the media to view our products." CES is the largest Consumer Electronics Show in the World. 2,700 exhibitors and over 140,000 attendees come to the show every year, with 200 conferences given by over 300 expert speakers. Some products that have been debuted at CES in the past include the Plasma TV, Blu-Ray DVD and the Microsoft Xbox. Stock Stock Price: 1.344, -1.18% on 7,052 shares traded

Honeywell Monitors

In 2007, we plan to release a line of Honeywell Monitors. The line will initially include
19, 22 and 24 inch wide-screen monitors. The monitors will have four ranges of motion:
tilt, swivel, rotate and height adjustment. The 19 inch monitor will also feature four
independent USB ports, and the 22 and 24 inch monitors will feature three independent
USB ports as well as a built in webcam and built in microphone. These will be Tier 1
monitors that will compete with Samsung, Dell, and Gateway, and will be offered at the
enterprise level, large office chains, and some of our current channels.

Honeywell LCD HDTV’s

In 2008, we will release a line of Honeywell LCD full 1080P HDTV’s including 42, 47,
57, 65, 70 and 82 inch models. They will have multiple HDMI, 1080P, and will be
designed to compete with LG, Samsung and Sony, with similar technology and a better
price tag. We will target the big box retailers with this product on a selective rollout.
While the Honeywell brand will be a part of 2007, we expect 2008 to be where we
introduce more of the Honeywell CE lines. We look forward to communicating and
sharing with you these plans as they further develop.

hello. I'm new to this forum and hardforum. Just bought this monitor yesterday and going through burnin now. This is my first LCD. Can you guys help with some stuff. I want to use the monitor to watch HD movies. Will I be able to. But first what I did was get a couple of things from amazon. My cuurent video card is a radieon 1100 VGA, ok I know, but I just bought a PNY 8500 with 512 on it that is suppose to do HD. I also bought a Pinnicle HD PCI card-waiting to be mailed from amazon. The Video card has VGA and DVI-my other did not have DVI only VGA so I'm currently getting an analog signal. Since this monitor is not HDCP I'm wondering if I'll be able to use the monitor to watch HD movies and pick up HD broadcasts from local stations...thank you

i'm wondering this too.

and also, has anyone sucessfully played their 360 at 1080P?

Hey guys, just like to update on my expereine with my two Soyos. They've been working great the past month. I even wall mounted them because the bases are damn ugly. thought id share some pics of it:

s1.jpg

s2.jpg

s3.jpg

Guys, those of you with the green sparklies on screen, are you using ATI cards?!

I have been using my monitor for months with my main PC with nvidia card with no problems.

Today I plugged it into my old PC with an ATI card AND I GOT THE GREEN SPARKLIES! :eek:

So, I knew it was card related and not monitor. Get this, I updated my AMD/ATI Catalyst drivers to the latest version 7.10 and the SPARKLIES disappeared!

I am guessing the sync was slightly off with the older Catalyst driver I had installed. (7.3)

Give it a go and post your results.
This was using DVI by the way.

Thinking about purchasing this monitor on black friday or the Westinghouse 22" Widescreen LCD..

Both way under $250.

Can someone also answer this for me which is a better LCD especially for gaming the Westy or the SOYO also theres 2 different reviews I read on the SOYO which guy is full of crap? Also is that Westy going to be onsale black friday online?
Review 1 http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=93&Itemid=1&limit=1&limitstart=4
or
Review 2 http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1697,2211599,00.asp

what makes people think this is VA based? Viewing angles suggest it is TN Film with those 170/160 quoted viewing angles.

would be interested if there is any supporting evidence for VA?

what makes people think this is VA based? Viewing angles suggest it is TN Film with those 170/160 quoted viewing angles.

It's a BenQ panel, already been confirmed.

I have a TN panel right next to the Soyo and I can guarentee the viewing angles are drastically different.

I bought a Viewsonic when input lag and response time was a huge issue with LCD's, paid $880 for a 4:3 19" and it had severe ghosting, I returned it that same day and went back to my Sony 17" trinitron... used that until I found the VX922 (2ms response time) and then went to an FW900, then to the Soyo...

I see zero ghosting in my games, LCD tech has drastically improved.

Because most of us who have the soyo know what TN panels look like?

IMG_1220.jpg

IMG_1216.jpg

IMG_1215.jpg

*Red dot is a camera defect and I apologize for the blur... time to invest in a tripod.

**View angles are even better in real life. I have no photography skills.

It's a BenQ panel, already been confirmed.

I have a TN panel right next to the Soyo and I can guarentee the viewing angles are drastically different.

I bought a Viewsonic when input lag and response time was a huge issue with LCD's, paid $880 for a 4:3 19" and it had severe ghosting, I returned it that same day and went back to my Sony 17" trinitron... used that until I found the VX922 (2ms response time) and then went to an FW900, then to the Soyo...

I see zero ghosting in my games, LCD tech has drastically improved.

that's certainly positive if that is the case, and agree, from the viewing angle images above it looks like it's not TN Film. Odd that Soyo would list spec like that then...

I assume though that by "BenQ panel" you mean it's an AU Optronics panel?

whatever is in the 24" benq monitor that sells for $600 is the same panel in these soyos :)

Was anyone able to get the pdf manual for the Soyo off of Soyo's website? All I can get is a Not Found error.

Also how do you find out the manf. date? I still have the box and it's not on there.

Was anyone able to get the pdf manual for the Soyo off of Soyo's website? All I can get is a Not Found error.

Also how do you find out the manf. date? I still have the box and it's not on there.

I get the same error. Perhaps emailing them would work.

The manufacture date is located on the back of the monitor on the sticker.

I really want this monitor because the deal is so good and the reviews mostly seem to say great things about this screen....however it would stink if I had mine break down on me.

How smart will I be if I'm still going to go after it?

I really want this monitor because the deal is so good and the reviews mostly seem to say great things about this screen....however it would stink if I had mine break down on me.

How smart will I be if I'm still going to go after it?

I was also very cautious upon purchasing this monitor. In fact, I decided against it due to so many problems people were having. However, I am very happy I chose to take the "risk" to buy it. Some of the best $250 I've spent. :) Like I said in the other thread, OM offers 14 days for a return so even if you dislike it or have problems you should be able to get your money back.

Back