Doom 3 on 110" Screen with 7.1 audio

NEODARK said:
Here is mine:

ht.jpg

speaker covers off for effect :p

its a Hitachi 57SWX20b it has been ISF'd as well. but its about half the site as the 110" screen, that thing is just HUGE lol

what he says is right, you cant see how crisp it really is when you see it trough a picture

PC still under construction, but this is it so far:

A64 3500+
1gig OCZ PC3700EB
9800PRO (until I buy new card, this will do)

I am seriously still mystefied by this post. how does it possibly look so glorious on these input/outputs

http://absoluteaudiovideo.com/hit611.html said:
Inputs/Outputs:

Antenna (RF) Inputs: 2 A/V Inputs (Rear/Front): 3/1 S-Video Inputs (Rear/Front): 2/1 Wideband Component Inputs: 2 Sets (1080i/720p/540p/480p/480i) Converter Box Output: 1 Monitor A/V Out with S-Video: 1 Variable Audio HiFi Output: 1 IR Mouse Output Jacks (2 Devices/Jack) 2 Digital RGB Input (DVI w/HDCP) 1

im really interested now

NEODARK said:
Here is mine:

ht.jpg

speaker covers off for effect :p

its a Hitachi 57SWX20b it has been ISF'd as well. but its about half the site as the 110" screen, that thing is just HUGE lol

what he says is right, you cant see how crisp it really is when you see it trough a picture

PC still under construction, but this is it so far:

A64 3500+
1gig OCZ PC3700EB
9800PRO (until I buy new card, this will do)

Bwuahahah. Neo Dark. Your bad dood.... I just noticed something with your picture here. You pasted a screenshot onto your television. You know how I can tell? I'm now at home with my big ass projector screen and I can clearly see the edge of the image is overlapping onto your television. You shoulda been a bit more discreet with your photoshop job. Nice try tho. I'm sure it still looks good... (ya just probably didn't like the image your camera took, a little hazzey im sure, like mine)

For those of you not seeing what im seeing. Save the image on your computer and then zoom into the bottom left corner where his image meets the edge of his television. It overlaps by 2 pixels.

And to make this even funnier, my wife was the one that pointed it out to me saying that something about that pic looked off.

plink said:
Bwuahahah. Neo Dark. Your bad dood.... I just noticed something with your picture here. You pasted a screenshot onto your television. You know how I can tell? I'm now at home with my big ass projector screen and I can clearly see the edge of the image is overlapping onto your television. You shoulda been a bit more discreet with your photoshop job. Nice try tho. I'm sure it still looks good... (ya just probably didn't like the image your camera took, a little hazzey im sure, like mine)

For those of you not seeing what im seeing. Save the image on your computer and then zoom into the bottom left corner where his image meets the edge of his television. It overlaps by 2 pixels.

And to make this even funnier, my wife was the one that pointed it out to me saying that something about that pic looked off.

Yup you're right, try it guys, this guys busted :p

Zektorman said:
Plink, what brand of camvid cables did you get and where can I get some?

The only ones I could find were made by Monster Cable... (lol, kinda ironic because I can't stand this company) anyways... you can get them here:

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pr...&sku_id=0665000FS10015940&catid=&newdeptid=2#

Oh by the way, these guys call them CAMAV cables. Tho other online sources have called them CAMVID. They also raised the price 10 dollers since I bought mine.

as for gaming, I tried 1080i and hated it... the interlacing does not translate well to video gaming.. 720P is awesome, and most DVDs are running 480P and look awesome too. The reason I like 720P better for PC is that there's more real estate when you are not gaming, more room for multiple windows. and P seems much clearer than i (maybe I'm just wacky...

i wish i had the wall space for that.. i could afford the projector (after saving a bit at least) but theres no where to project to.

props for your clean sweet setup

and as for neo dark.. he took a picture of his tv playing doom 3.. he just took a screenshot after and added it to 'enhance' its look.

Dunno why you got to lie to us for Neo.. no use doing it.

RagingSamster said:
as for gaming, I tried 1080i and hated it... the interlacing does not translate well to video gaming.. 720P is awesome, and most DVDs are running 480P and look awesome too. The reason I like 720P better for PC is that there's more real estate when you are not gaming, more room for multiple windows. and P seems much clearer than i (maybe I'm just wacky...

P is supposed to be clearer... lol. The ' i ' means 'interlaced' and interlaced is bad because it has half the vertical lines of resolution than 'p'. The differences between 1080i and 720p won't be very noticable. 720p is what hdtv runs at. And is the standard for widescreen. All dvds run 480p. But because the video is compressed, on a big screen like mine, you can see the pixilation if you look. Especially on a DVD with a bad transfer.

Inquisition said:
i wish i had the wall space for that.. i could afford the projector (after saving a bit at least) but theres no where to project to.

props for your clean sweet setup

and as for neo dark.. he took a picture of his tv playing doom 3.. he just took a screenshot after and added it to 'enhance' its look.

Dunno why you got to lie to us for Neo.. no use doing it.

Just wanted to ask Inq... how much room COULD you have at the most? Like you don't even have a blank wall space 3 to 5 feet wide? Cause that would be enough for a smaller projector screen. And the projector will still be cheaper than a 'good' 50 inch television. Plus it will look better. Just cause you can't have a huge image doesn't mean its not worth it.

plink said:
P is supposed to be clearer... lol. The ' i ' means 'interlaced' and interlaced is bad because it has half the vertical lines of resolution than 'p'. The differences between 1080i and 720p won't be very noticable. 720p is what hdtv runs at. And is the standard for widescreen. All dvds run 480p. But because the video is compressed, on a big screen like mine, you can see the pixilation if you look. Especially on a DVD with a bad transfer.

1080i is what true high definition is running at. 720p is what SOME hd signals are being sent out, but 1080i right now is the industry "standard".

There is also a new standard called "trueHD" or something close to that. They're talking about 1080p. 1080p would be a glorious thing to behold.

Plink, have you played any HD AC3 movies yet? I can't even imagine how good it would look on your setup. I mean hey, what's 8-9GB for one movie compared to the quality you'd get watching it? :)

Now I know projector bulbs are expensive... but how often do you guys need to replace them?

beeng said:
Now I know projector bulbs are expensive... but how often do you guys need to replace them?

We've clocked about 5000 hours on our bulb and it's still going fine.

Paying 300-600 bucks per 3000 hours on a bulb will get very expensive unless you just use your projector for movies and not regular tv and gaming.

plink said:
Jake,

Yup the screen is on the way... Looking at a grey screen for higher contrast and such. (like the Stewart Filmscreen Firehawk) Though I will probably go with something cheaper from Da-Lite.

what if you painted your wall grey?

Advil said:
There is also a new standard called "trueHD" or something close to that. They're talking about 1080p. 1080p would be a glorious thing to behold.

Plink, have you played any HD AC3 movies yet? I can't even imagine how good it would look on your setup. I mean hey, what's 8-9GB for one movie compared to the quality you'd get watching it? :)

No I haven't seen any of those yet. I'm waiting for the BlueLaser technology to hit the market. That will be insane. 50 gigs for one movie, doesn't get much better than that.

oneshot said:
1080i is what true high definition is running at. 720p is what SOME hd signals are being sent out, but 1080i right now is the industry "standard".

I wouldn't call any 'interlaced' signal high definition. lol. Yes, you are right thought, but compared to 720p there really isn't any difference. My dvd player and my projector all support 1080i, I choose to run at 720p.

beeng said:

The 3000 hour life should last me about 2-3 years.

mjz_5 said:
what if you painted your wall grey?

It's actually not quite the same. I actually have a grey wall. (well its a bit off grey) The screens are specially made with certain materials that reflect the right kind of light and colors so that your image is practically flawless. You can buy a special paint that does this, though I have heard that buying an actual screen is better. Basically you will get a brighter image and an increased contrast ratio with a screen versus using a wall. (even if its a white wall)

plink said:
LOL!! yup... thats what I noticed. Too funny!

haha trust me guys its not, using a DVI output from a 9800pro you can get HDTV resolutions 1920x1080 or 1280x720 then you have to use something like powerstrip to work around overscan issues... i dont care belive it or not, no offence. :)

PS I still have the steup and you dont, case closed :p

plink, those dvi-i cables you talked about at memory express, are these the startech ones? Just to make sure about quality before I check them out. hehe. I'm not usually a big fan of startech that's why :p

Thanks

NEODARK said:
haha trust me guys its not, using a DVI output from a 9800pro you can get HDTV resolutions 1920x1080 or 1280x720 then you have to use something like powerstrip to work around overscan issues... i dont care belive it or not, no offence. :)

PS I still have the steup and you dont, case closed :p

HAHA Neo.... It's okay to admit it. Even if it normally looks like that. That is definetely a paste of a screenshot onto the tv. :D In real life, what you say is possible, but as for that image, its fake.

Siegfried said:
plink, those dvi-i cables you talked about at memory express, are these the startech ones? Just to make sure about quality before I check them out. hehe. I'm not usually a big fan of startech that's why :p

Thanks

Yup, it's the startech one. I don't know if they have it listed but the 'South Store' carries a 20 ft DVI-I Dual Link, if you need it. Though no matter what length you get, I would always make sure its a DVI-I Dual Link, then you know you can run any signal over it no matter what.

Here, take a look at this. If this isn't a fake picture and your TV is normally like this, you should probably get it checked out. Unless its one of those, 3d like displays. mmm... :cool:

pic15.jpg

plink said:
Here, take a look at this. If this isn't a fake picture and your TV is normally like this, you should probably get it checked out. Unless its one of those, 3d like displays. mmm... :cool:

pic15.jpg

YOu like the CIA or something with zooming in on pics checking for fraud? :rolleyes:

ComputerBox34 said:
YOu like the CIA or something with zooming in on pics checking for fraud? :rolleyes:

No, just a very detail oriented person. I've also seen many many HD televisions in my time, and I have never seen one produce an image like that. Otherwise I would own two or three of them. :rolleyes:

Back